Fake victor rackets in malaysia

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by WCR 999, Feb 1, 2013.

1. smashmaniac

smashmaniac Regular Member

yes. indeed. Hock Eng Bangi dropped some of the string prices. RM 29.90 (less RM 2) for BG66 Ultimax (but the rest is same price, only the BG 66UM and BG 66 is less RM 2). The shoes is discounted to 35% from retail price.

2. gust183

gust183 New Member

so Taiwan printed blue cap with SG code victor is real?

3. karyaw

karyaw Regular Member

Students
    is real where old batch of victor racket have the taiwan wordings. But what is ur racket first?

4. karyaw

karyaw Regular Member

Students
    Agree ur statements, rm300 - rm350 does not have that for victor. But just to let you know, i went there before. They told me the same thing. It is the way of their market MY coded victor rackets since they are the only distributor in Malaysia, therefore they having premium prices and higher profit margin.

5. zionong

zionong Regular Member

Good intention there.

#25 zionong, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  6. zionong

zionong Regular Member

WCR999, I believe you are definitely capable to review those authenticity of a racket and all the things you have mentioned are true(at least to me), but dun forget about those who want to get rid of their authentic second-hand rackets.

7. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Thanks for pointing out... I know that your intention is good. Maybe just the way you presented it hence causing others who are having TW coded felt the pinch.

It is not totally right to say that TW, SG or CH coded is not genuine.. just that maybe you will have warranty issue if you claim from Far East. But if you claim warranty from the reputable shop where you purchase them, I think there wont be any problem.

Maybe you should say that most of the Victor fakes/imitation have TW code compare to others but doesnt mean all TW coded are fakes. Guess the logic is there... if you want to fake a yonex, sure you will put JP coded.. likewise for Victor, they will put TW coded.

I also wish to point out that even though 2 rackets are 3U, they might have slight different weight as 3U is a range... not a fixed weight. Hence, you cannot say that if TW coded doesnt swing or weight the same as MY coded, then it is fake. I also think that they are manufacturer slightly different characteristic to suit diff market. :)

8. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

agree with you.
    Sometimes a very tiny margin differences on same rackets occurred when the rackets produced on different batches. So, no wonder that TW, CN, or MY coded has their own a very super duper tiny margin differences on same rackets. Though they are genuine.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    agree on the margin.

i was picking my MX80 replacement at the official US Victor distributor (ie. all genuine US coded MX80s), and among 8 or so in stock 3U's that i weighed, there is a range of 3grams differences.

10. karyaw

karyaw Regular Member

Students
    Because the victor distributors last time told me, beside MY coded rackets, all other codes to them are fakes. Because no in their areas for the rackets. Thats the thing that might lead wrong minded. As they mean no warranty. Like what davlee said.

11. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

The situation right now is about a wrong information given from the only distributor in Malaysia to consumers like us. Claiming that different codes are fakes, different paint job, dry weight are fakes and so on. It's wrong. This information can bring down a certain businesses. IMHO.

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    as an informed consumer, i find this type of practice very shady. as a Victor distributor they should know very well that there are genuine TW/HK, etc coded Victor rackets and by saying that the other codes are fakes they are deliberately deceiving the consumers.

what they should've done is to say the truth: there are other coded Victor rackets, but since these non-MY code rackets are not distributed by them, they will not honor any warranty claims.

and that's pretty much exactly what i am told by the US distributor, Racket Supply.

13. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i was told the same thing by Racket Supply.

14. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    That's the way Msian do business eh... try to intimidate rather than educate.. :p

15. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

regarding the racquet weight etc..

i'm not sure if victor racquets are that consistent in their weighings. between 86 grams to 89 grams is still within a single U... how can a difference in racquet weight be a deciding point to consider a racquet fake?

16. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

some good reliable websites have the JJS for about 510 ringgit with string. mx80's 430 ringgit or so..

but of course, thankyou for supporting the malaysian economy and the retailers if that is a preference of yours ;)

17. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    correct!! That 1 is an absolute exception!!

18. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    They are absolutely precised. I weighed 5 of am 1 after the other....all were very very precised

19. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    I have very poor selection of words at times,,,,i must admit.....But what you mentioned was right. Not all are fakes,,,,needless to say,,,,,the weight of 3U for Victor is very very accurate!! I weighed 5 JJS at the same time...all weighed absolutely THE SAME

20. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

It it because you are measuring the same batch of the rackets. :D