Victor Brave Sword Lee Yong Dae 2011 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tranphuloc, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    Having tried the LYD before, I have a couple hits with the MX70 yesterday, All I can say even tho they have the same specs, both MX70 and BS LYD has different feels and strong areas

2. Bucsy

Bucsy Regular Member

Engineer
    Polaroid: care to share the differnce

3. Polaroid

Polaroid Regular Member

Student
    I haven't really have a full time with it, since I don't own them, so I can not give any true feelings about these two rackets yet.

4. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I have seen that there is something funny about victor/lyd weights - some weights do not match the specified underweight e.g. stated as 3u but actually 92 grams.

Can I get some clarification as to dry weight of these rackets in grams, please?

If '3u' are really 92g then I will get a 4u (if I finally pull the trigger :D)

5. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

Having used both, I can say that bs09 is faster and more aero then mx70. The mx70 feels like an all around racket and I think the overall weight is heavier then the bs09. Also, because of the stiffer shaft on the mx70 (if you can use it to its full potential that is) you should be able to hit harder. In my case, I could generate a bit more power then the bs09, but getting into drive battles didn't feel the same lol.
    To me, there was nothing unique about the mx70, it was just another racket out there. I don't think the mx70 is a good replacement for the bs09. I have yet to try the BS LYD but according to some friends, its not that great while some of my other friends swear by it, only because I think they're just LYD fans :p
    what specifically are you looking for in the mx70? like what do you want out of it?

6. Bucsy

Bucsy Regular Member

Engineer
    I am looking for a slight increase in power and faster response time from the racket but not losing too much of speed in the racket department.. Currently more of a wrist player.. Thus I am looking for a slightly stiff racket and head heavy racket

7. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

May i suggest MX80 :) i believe it has the power and does not sacrifice much on the speed dept. Worth trying. The stiffness wont be an issue if we are not lazy playing the shots hehehe

8. Bucsy

Bucsy Regular Member

Engineer
    Mx80 I am really scare I cannot get use to that stiffness... I have never really like to use stiff packets.. And no one in my group uses victor racket

9. visor

visor Regular Member

you're quoting the 92g from their catalogue right?

in that case, that includes strings... that's why

strings are 4g, so that racket is 88g

10. visor

visor Regular Member

if you're coming from a bs9, then bs10 would be your most logical choice that would be stiffer and faster responding

11. nanocrazy

nanocrazy Regular Member

12. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Are these 88g 3U or 4U?

Mine is DEL-coded (Germany) and was declared with the 92g too. I'm pretty sure it's 3U. I'm not wrong with that, am I?

13. visor

visor Regular Member

that would be a 3u

i've had various victor rackets (several mx80's and mx70's, mx60, sw30, bs12) and the 3u's weigh 86-88g, whereas the 4u's weigh 84-85g dry ... so i'd say victor is pretty consistent

14. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

Right finally had 2 good sessions with this racket. Seems like it was the strings that needed to settle and my timing which needed to adjust to the racket.

This thing is an absolute beast. I find I'm smashing harder with this than with the MX80, and more consistently. The swing speed is incredible and manoeuvrability is top notch too. If anything, touch shots are a bit less precise than the MX80 but that could just be me still adjusting to a new racket/strings. Only thing was that my arm was worn out after a 2 hour session of big smashes.

I used a friends VT-80 straight after this, and in my opinion, this is much more similar to the VT in terms of feel than the MX80, similar balance, similar swing, bit more manoeuvrable.

Now I'm not sure what I want as my main racket, the MX80 or the LYD. I'm mighty impressed with the LYD though!

Victor all the way!

15. cmteo

cmteo Regular Member

Engineer
    Oh no! Oh ****! This is so tempting. I already have 2 main rackets MX60 (my bright side) and BS15 (my dark side):). Do I need to get the third one now:(?

Both my racket string with BG66U 24-25 lbs and Wilson overgrip on original grip. The BP of MX60 is 300mm and BP BS15 is 296mm. But when you hold it the BS15 feel a little HH than MX60. :confused: I think this is because BS15 has more weight at 12 o'clock and weight is even distribute at MX60 head or more weight at T joint. This make the MX60 more easy to control and good all round racket in all areas and has decent power too. Its feel butter smooth.

The BS15 has different feel. Its more "wild";) and need a bit more effort to control. Its more powerful in power drive, net kill and smash but a little bit weak in defense compare to MX60. Its a fun racket to play with. you feel more "Oom" when smash.

So for me MX60 is a more control and defensive racket and BS15 is more offensive racket. When I want to go to the bright side I choose MX60 and go to the dark side I choose BS15.:)

Do I need LYD as third racket? Oh my poor little wallet:crying:. Can somebody just borrow the LYD racket for me to try. Please...............:crying:. Somebody help me.

Hi shaz, how do feel the LYD shaft stiffness compare to MX80?. I only use medium to medium stiff racket and I think MX80 is too stiff for me. And you said LYD has similar feel to VT80. Does it feel as stiff as VT80 too? As I understand LYD is medium stiff.

16. AlfAhmad

AlfAhmad Regular Member

Student
    Lyd is stiff

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Don't get the wrong idea, it's nowhere near as heavy as the VT80. Completely different racket. The stiffness could be about the same though, the LYD is stiffer than medium. TBH I haven't played with a single Yonex racket as quick as the LYD....

18. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I've used a VT80 for a short while before I've sold it. VT80 is much stiffer and also head heavier.
    I don't know where this comparison come from.
    The only thing which is comparable is maybe the weight. If you hold them in your hands, they feel like very light rackets. And they ARE light.
    VT80 got more oomph, but I didn't like its stiffness, while BS LYD's stiffness is still comfortable to me.
    BS LYD also swings much much faster.

It's an extremely good doubles racket.
    Does anyone here use it for singles too?

For singles it's lacking in power for my taste. Or it's just me due the fact that the preparation time for the smash is shorter than in doubles.

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It lacks a bit of beef for singles - not enough weight in the head. In singles, I usually have more overall time for the stroke, but don't get behind the shuttle as often and have less time to prepare a smash in most cases. For me, a singles racket has to have either the flexibility or the head heaviness to make base-to-base clears at shoulder level beside the body easy. The rackets I play most singles with are the BS09 (flexible enough to help with clears, maneouvrable for good net play), the N90 (very easy overhead play, but a bit clumsy around the net and in defense, requires good forearm strength) and the N70 (very high head weight-to-stiffness ratio - very flexible for it's head weight. Incredibly easy clears, makes crosscourt backhand clears possible for me, but lacks control on quick shots and is a bit clumsy around the net as well).
    For those who have not seen me, I play a rather controlled game, not a very high pace but based on good control and solid technique. As I like to play wrist smashes when intercepting flat clears, the BS09 is better suited to my game than the N90, but I still like to play with it as it has such great feel.

To make it short: the BS LYD is not a very good racket for singles, of course there'll be exceptions, but the majority of players will find it's lacking head weight.

20. James.Foo

James.Foo Regular Member

Hi guys, I'm interested in getting a Victor BS LYD but I don't know whether if it could suite my taste.

Owned but ranked rackets from best(no.1) to last:
    1) Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash TH
    2) Victor MX-80
    3) LiNing N50II
    4) Kason F9
    5) Yonex Armortec 70 MG LCW

My style of playing:
    *mostly uses my Yonex Arcsaber Z-Slash TH* in all my games, *mostly plays in doubles* but also sometimes plays singles, mostly the *backcourt* guy but sometimes plays front when bored at the back.:rolleyes:

P.S Please be more concentrate on the * signs;)