Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk

Discussion in 'Thailand Professional Players' started by cooler, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Tanongsak is coming up, he was unlucky not to have won that G2,hence the match, against DuPY in the Swiss Open. I think he was too eager to attack and finish his opponent off, and burnt out in the 3rd set thanks to DuPY's notable,stubborn defence.

I believe he made the same mistake against Lee CW in the AE but then,of course, Lee CW is superior in both attack and defence. Even so, Tanongsak put up a spirited fight, esp in G1 where he was able to match Lee CW point for point, on the whole a creditable result.

2. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    TS has a very unique style in the world of badminton. The way he hit his smashes is like nothing i have seen before. Hi arm travels almost in a full arc from his waist right round to the forehand over head. I expect this must be hard to read for opponents and certainly produces a hard hit. Really enjoyed the Sudirman cup game TS against Kenichi Tago. Think TS needs to hit teh gym and bulk up a little, Axelsen has teh same issue of a slight frame they both tire easily and a third set is just too much.

3. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    was pretty happy to see him beat gao huan in the 2013 kazan universiade. gao seemed so arrogant to me

4. lordrogue

lordrogue Regular Member

Yeah, he has a bit crazy style where he just finds smash angles from pretty bad locations where other people would never smash. He's also quick to follow up at the net, which is what earns him most points. Like you're saying, he's extremely strong in the first set vs anyone, then falls off in the 2nd and 3rd. You can say he's physically weak sure, but I think it's mostly because of his incredibly aggressive playing style.

5. FeatherDance

FeatherDance Regular Member

I always love to watch this guy. One of the players with more 'entertainment' value with that aggression and big smash. But I feel that his movement is tad odd/tense and so is his smashing (not discrediting the power generated but rather the lack of smoothness). I think that's why he tires out quicker and I'm unsure whether his game is sustainable.

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Congratulations to TS for winning his first PSS, the Danish Open.

7. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    always thought he was the thai equivalent of kenichi tago....finally wins something decent.

8. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

He played very well.
    He always has had that powerful, awkward-looking smash. But his speed, stamina and positive mindset appear to have improved greatly. Good luck to TS. :)

9. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Does anyone know why he's excluded from the national team?