Hou Jia Chang Autobiography

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by kwun, May 15, 2010.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    I am very exciting to have gotten my hand on this book. An autobiography of Hou Jia Chang.

Hou Jia Chang (and Tang Xinfu whom we all know) were the pillar of Chinese badminton in the 1960s and 70s. Hou was also the Chinese coach who groomed players like Yang Yang, Zhao Jinhua, etc. He is truely a legend.

The book is a absolute treasure chest of early Chinese badminton scene which Hou was deeply involved in, from the pre-national team days, the famous European tour, to the Chinese Thomas Cup quests in the 80s, until the end of his involvement in the Chinese team in the early 90s.

I am just started reading it and will report more as I progress. There are tons of pictures and the writing is in simplified Chinese.

Right now i think it is only available in China, but for those who can get their hand on it and is interested in Chinese badminton history, this is a must read.

Attached Files:

2. stanster213

stanster213 Regular Member

Still a student... STRIVE for excellence in everyt
    Thanks, ah sifu.

Will keep an eye out for it when I return to KL, Malaysia.
    I'll keep you all posted...

Thanks again.

3. viver

viver Regular Member

Wow, this is indeed a very good finding!

Would you be kind enough to summarize (translating is asking too much :p) each chapter you read? Would much like to listen the events from Hou Jiachang's perspective.

May try to find this book myself as well.

4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    My broken mandarin:crying::crying: (double crying), now I regret 'ponting' (skipping) chinese lessons...arr, that dreaded schooling system in Malaysia where I had to take 2 languages:rolleyes:, so I have to pass up mandarin cos' not smart enough to master 3 languages...hmmm, my wife wants that pearl earrings;), maybe I can buy it for her and for trade-off she can recite/translate as I taped her on the whole darn Hou Chia Chang book, that is a brilliant idea that might work:):D

5. George Yap

George Yap New Member

Consultant
    Hou Jia Chang

I am very exciting to have gotten my hand on this book.
    Hi where can one buy this book. Is there one on Tang?

How about films on their legendary matches for our viewing pleasure.

This will be good for the fanatics of badminton. They are masters of the game.

George

An autobiography of Hou Jia Chang.

Hou Jia Chang (and Tang Xinfu whom we all know) were the pillar of Chinese badminton in the 1960s and 70s. Hou was also the Chinese coach who groomed players like Yang Yang, Zhao Jinhua, etc. He is truely a legend.

The book is a absolute treasure chest of early Chinese badminton scene which Hou was deeply involved in, from the pre-national team days, the famous European tour, to the Chinese Thomas Cup quests in the 80s, until the end of his involvement in the Chinese team in the early 90s.

I am just started reading it and will report more as I progress. There are tons of pictures and the writing is in simplified Chinese.

Right now i think it is only available in China, but for those who can get their hand on it and is interested in Chinese badminton history, this is a must read.[/quote]

6. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Remember, Hou Jia Chang was one of the greatest Indonesian export to China Badminton wise!

7. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

and remember WHY!

8. skyhigh

skyhigh Regular Member

Badminton Legend like HJC should be remembered. Another one I admire a lot is Tang XianHu. He is the true figure behind Lin dan's success. You could get to know him more and learn his tricks & techniques at http://www.xbadmintontricks.com.

9. viver

viver Regular Member

I believe the photos of Tang Xianfu were taken from his book on badminton techniques.