Kason C7 vs TSF500 SHOOTOUT!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Maklike Tier, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Belgian dollars!

2. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

3. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Well, it's certainly better than US prices... :rolleyes:

4. kingskawn

kingskawn Regular Member

How much is it at your place?

5. hafeau

hafeau Regular Member

i just tried the c7 today.. its definitely head heavy but its also very light. easy to maneuver as well..
    will write more as i only used it for 3 games.

6. BlueTornado

Retail for MX80 around here is 205 USD.

7. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Hi, looking forward for your write up on C7.

I just got mine from someone in exchange with my MX80. Will try it at the court in few days time.

I am looking for a racket which is not so demanding but yet with power and speed and can last me 2 hours session on court which MX80 can't fulfill. Not the problem with MX80, just that I am lacking of fitness and strength :p

8. yengest23

yengest23 New Member

Anyone knows how different is the C7/F9 from the Arcsaber 10
    Or it is more like the Armortec series?

9. BlueTornado

Neither is really like the Arc10 except for the F9's paintwork which is slightly reminiscent.

F9 is slightly similar spec-wise to Arc7, C7 is closest to an AT900T out of Yonex's range.

10. ikki9394

ikki9394 Regular Member

student
    Hey Maklike,

Like u said, i'm now used to my 295bp BS LYD and wanted something head heavier so C7 would be a good choice huh?

I was previously considering mx80. Just wonder if u can give me some advise... x80? C7?

11. Porky

Porky Regular Member

If u were used to using victor racquets, i suggest going for MX80....C7 is abit hard to get use to for me....i didnt have any problems with victor's racquets for various models....

12. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    The MX80 generally has a BP of around 300 too, so I don't think it would be head heavy enough. It certainly had a different feel, so you might like it. Don't forget the TSF500 either - I think in some ways it's better than the C7.

You know, I'm almost tempted to revisit the Armortec 900 Technique. If I wasn't knee-deep in rackets I'd probably pick one up to try again.

13. ikki9394

ikki9394 Regular Member

student
    But i remember somewhere in this thread u mention that C7 is better than tsf500 in some way...

However, i'm sure that both has it pros and cons. Im looking at C7 because I wanted something similar to my BS LYD and slightly head heavy so most of my friends suggested meteor x70/80 and C7. Bout the tsf500, I haven't look into it in detail. Have u made a detail performance comparison between TSF500 and C7 in this thread already?

14. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Seeing that's what this thread is about, I'd say yeah, it's probably in here somewhere!

The C7 is a bit 'soft' for me these days. It doesn't have much torsional stability outside the sweetspot, and as I'm just a rank amateur, I don't really need a racket that punishes me for being a hack. I need all the help I can get!

You might like the C7 though, it's hard to know. *shrug*

Buy one and see what you think.

15. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

So far, C7 has been serving me well after I switched from mx80 some times ago. It doesn't demand as much as mx80 for me, I am not tired using C7 as compared to mx80 after an hour of play.

To me, C7 is less stiff than mx80 but more powerful due to its head heaviness. But it is not as accurate and speedy as mx80. MX80 allows me to have more variety of playing styles but C7 restricts it. C7 is certainly good in attack particularly.

I am also very interested to know how BS LYD performs as compared to C7 and MX80. Someone pls provide us some info :)

16. ikki9394

ikki9394 Regular Member

student
    According to what u said? Wouldn't mx jjs/london/70 would be just nice? less demanding at same head heaviness. Lighter head gives u more maneuverability; also should maintain the accuracy and speed from your previous mx80. Just wondering...

I've tried compared my BS LYD to mx80 and C7 before but not the rest.

x80 - tried for 2~3 games continuosly, does not have any problem like tiring my arm.
    Apart from timing issue as it is relatively much stiffer than my lyd the maneuverability and head heaviness are just fine.

C7 - At first don't really get use to the head heaviness, feels like breaking my arm when I 1st use it to smash as thats my very 1st time using a 305bp racquet. I started from 285bp apac lethal until i got my 295bp BS LYD. But after I got used to it find it much easier to generate smash power compared to my LYD but of course my reaction to return shuttle also slows down as im still not use to the head heaviness :p

So... should I get the victor mx 300bp or the C7 305bp? Dilemma...

Oh ya Maklike, whats the bp of the TSF500? its overall lighter than C7?

17. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    My C7 is 304, and the TSF500 is 300 - the same as all the Victor Meteors I've owned (five in total). 4mm might not seem like much, but it's very obvious in the C7.

For the record I still think the MX60 is the best Meteor for players of my skill level :eek: (intermediate club).

18. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

I haven't tried mx jjs/london/70 before, have u tried and what is your comments? From the forum, mx jjs is particularly head heavy like SW35 which I don't like. And MX70 is not particularly getting good review from the BC forumers. MX70 may have caught my attention but not sure the reason as its reception is not as good as MX80 which is more demanding to many in general.

For u to choose between mx80 and C7, it depends on what is the reason of you looking for them as compared to your current BS LYD. Are u looking for maneuverability, accuracy, defense, speed or "crispy" feel which MX80 can satisfy u or are u looking for power or attacking kind of playing style, then C7 may satisfy u.

Just my 2 cents. Anyone pls comments also based on your experience.......

19. ikki9394

ikki9394 Regular Member

student
    Whats the average bp of a sw35 with a normal overgrip+string?

20. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

I have no idea, I think is definitely over 305bp easily.