Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, May 12, 2006.

1. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    hope this results put his mental high :) so that he can perform in Ghuangzhou

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Let's hope that Taufik can perform well at the 2010 Asian Games

If I am not wrong, Taufik was the runner-up for the past three years at the French Open. Surely all the French audience would love to see Taufik win this year.

There is a lot of respect for Taufik from the audience in Guangzhou too. Let's hope that Taufik can perform well at the 2010 Asian Games.

3. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Those two together would just be beautiful to watch...

4. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    which hendra? AG or Setiawan? just for your info..Nova is in Japan and sparring with some Japanese players..I wont be surprised if he ends up coaching and playing with some of Japanese.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..since you can't follow, here's my take. You can or don't have to subscribe:
    - Despite the loss, TH got 19 pts in both games in the Denmark Open MS Final. If TH was truly tired in that Final, he probably would've scored less pts.
    - If TH was truly tired, he probably would've lost in one of the earlier rounds of the French Open SS. Sure, there were 2 days of non-action, but imo, that 2 days off wouldn't affect him much. OTOH, JOJ, a much younger player, who probably has better fitness than TH, lost in one of the earlier rounds of the French Open. So, comparing the 2 players, who was probably tired?..
    - I don't know how you define "young" and "willing to run". But the way i see it, all of TH's opponents in both tourneys are younger than him..
    - I will give the level and type of opponents (in both tourneys) as a consideration to TH's success/failure in the last 2 tourneys....but tired???..

#625 ctjcad, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Setiawan........

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Taufik with Hendra Setiawan would be great but don't think the former is ready to give up his single's career.

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Yeah, but I want to caution you, I wasn't too serious about this idea! :D

9. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Hey why not?? as along as they can get along well enough, which i think maybe the biggest problem since traditionally in INA MD pairs are friends from very young

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    If that actually happens, INA won't have a single singles player who can confidently say they are good for a SS title. :( And that's where the problem is! :(:crying:

11. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Sony and Simon have both won SS haven't they (I think Sony has won about 3?)?

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    with what consistency?

13. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Well I suppose I haven't seen much of either of them lately... But Sony is quite dependable. I mean yeah, I think even now Taufik is still the better player overall between them... well... especially now :p. So good to see he can go the full distance (in terms of number of matches) in back to back events.

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

If the prospect of winning medal is higher and more consistent with HS, then let it be. I mean, TH is not a consistent MS player anyway plus its time for new comers to take his place. I hope SDK and SS can improve a little bit better, that will take some pressure off TH's shoulders

15. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    so ss n sony playing?

16. miksss

miksss Regular Member

too bad that SDK and SS now struggling with injure...
    hmm Simon has reached world no 3,9 weeks ago..but injure and skip 4 super series and 1 gp gold tourney,that cause him became rank no 12 now :(
    i put big hope for Simon.
    hope he quickly recover from injure :)

17. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

What do you mean by "truly tired"? TH got 19 pts because JOJ is not a top level player, JOJ is still at least half a level below TH. If TH were fresh he should be able to beat JOJ easily in DO final (especially considering JOJ was quite nervous in the final -- if TH were fresh he should be able to take advantage of it).

JOJ's loss to DPY is normal. Even though JOJ now has a SS title, he is still at the same level as DPY, Tago, etc. Considering JOJ may be celebrating during the few days between the two events, it's just reasonable that he lost to DPY in 3 games.

As to "young" and "willing to run", let's compare TH's main opponents in the two tournaments. BP is 28, Persson is 26 (not to say with injury); Tago, DPY, JOJ are all like 21-22. Clear difference, right? And it's also clear from watching the match that BP was NOT willing to run -- whenever TH tried to catch a breath, BP was taking a rest too (28 vs 29, what do you expect... They are not LD and LCW).

Anyway, it is clear to me that TH was tired in DO final, judging from the way he played/moved on court, just like it is clear that JOJ was nervous during the first half of game 1 (if he was facing LD, it would be a massacre as LD would be able to take advantage of it and JOJ would get more and more nervous during the match), and it is clear that Persson was suffering from injury during the FO final.

Let's face it. No matter how hard he trains, today's TH needs some luck to win a SS title. In DO he was unlucky, in FO he was lucky. IMHO, TH today is no stronger than TH in AE 2008. Not to say the TH before that.

#637 ye333, Nov 10, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    From what I remember of the DO fnals, JOJ beat TH at net play at critical points. "Beat TH at net play?" you might ask?!! I feel one reason could be some certain amount or type of fatigue, which results in an inaccurate and inconsistent touch.

As for the FO finals, TH has a huge psychological edge over JP. So even if JP were in top physical form (which sadly, he wasn't) I would still give TH a big margin of certainty in winning. I noticed his smashes were just not as sharp overall, in that match; yet he won comfortably. Joss. Karma.

I also am a big believer that certain places and arenas offer different vibes to certain players. Like the FO venue has been good for TH, and he flourishes there. You can see it in the body language. In the Semis he was just so enjoying himself and the atmosphere, I saw him actually clowning around after a few points! :D OTOH, no matter how hard he tries in Birmingham, he always seems to have this monkey on his back, there! It's like he's always just waiting for the inevitable person (PG, LCW?) to come along and throw him out of that arena!

But until that happens, he puts up one helluva fight! Say what else you want, but he has proved to be a huge inspiration and source of joy to millions around the world. :D

19. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Actually in FO final, from what I see, most of the time JP totally dominated the net.

The difference is that, when TH is fresh and sharp, he utilizes the net area, but does not totally rely on the net area. On the other hand, when TH has stamina problem, he over-plays his netshots which leads to easy points on a lucky day but easy points for opponents when he is not lucky.

One example of the latter is that starting 2007, after one long long rally, TH usually tries to play tight netshots for easy points. Both LD and LCW have been taking advantage of this. Watch 2007 French Open vs LD or 2008 AE vs LCW and you will know what I mean.

What happened in FO final is different. At first TH tried to dominate the net. But then he quickly realized that JP's touch is just too good that day, and played less netshots. Then, near the end of the match, when JP was slower, frustrated and disappointed, TH again focused on netshots. This time JP was no match.

20. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    yes taufik is daring in the net

when its good he gets easy point and you all can say luck

but when its loose he runs a lot especially denmark open

it wasn't like him to loose out in the net to joj!