Who will retire first; Lin Dan or Lee Chong Wei?

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, May 18, 2010.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..let me know if you haven't heard of these names before: Jan O Jorgensen (DEN), Viktor Axelsen (DEN), Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka (INA), Chen Long (CHN)..those are a few names which come to mind; and if you pool just those 4 names together, JOJ would probably have as much success as Chen Long from CHN...anyone from M'sia, in those players' age range, you can tell us?? (i know that kid Zulfadli Z,. will be brought up, but he hasn't proven or won any significant tourneys)..

#161 ctjcad, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  2. flite

flite Regular Member

Alright. Now I know where exactly your benchmark is.

Btw, I used to watch those high quality matches e.g. LD vs LCW or TH against PG.

Anyway good factual you have there.. very intellectual conversation in fact. Nice "talking" to you.

#162 flite, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..if you follow what's going on in the world badminton scene, you would already get the point of the post..so yes, i will blow the whistle for those who don't know what's going on..:cool:

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    "blow the whistle" ???

5. flite

flite Regular Member

Yes he will continue to blow the trumpet... no the whistle i mean.;)

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    That's not what I meant. Its just that IMO you are using the phrase out of context.... :)

7. flite

flite Regular Member

Out of context.... generally yes maybe but specifically not.

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    To blow the whistle

:D:D:D Doesn't "To blow the whistle" mean "To expose a wrongdoing in the hope of bringing it to a halt"?, For example: the attorney blew the whistle on governmental corruption.

9. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

The northen part of the world may have it deifferently :)

10. flite

flite Regular Member

Oh yes that was exactly what I meant... its just that particular person I referred to trying to expose certain things with certain hope of his.

Thank you though.

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    No no, its still the same language! :D We don't read it upside down (or is it you? LOL)

ctjcad wasn't "exposing any wrongdoing or corruption" in public and accountable areas. He was simply stating a fact that everyone knew (or should know, or deduce) and flite took expection to that.

ctjcad made a point about successors in every country except MAS; flite made a point about there being worthy successors only in China. And now, cobalt would like to blow a different kind of whistle: for time out! :D:D:D

12. flite

flite Regular Member

No no, its not the same language. I don't speak in the "same language" as the both of you LOL.

ctjcad was "exposing certain points" that is deemed right and fit to him in the public and flite took exception (I think this supposed the right word) to it.;)

flite made a point that only China has worthy successor, but ctjcad blows a different kind of whistle and interestingly cobalt (wagging his tail agreeing to ctjcad) join in the scene because birds of a feather flock together.

And now, flite definitely blow a different kind of whistle because he isn't in red.:D:D:D

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    @flite: I'm not here to slug it out with you. You are entitled to your opinion or your point of view. In fact, I agreed that you have a perfectly valid point of view when you referred to worthy successors.

What I do not like about your insinuation ("wagging his tail" and "birds of a feather") is that I am stupid or spineless. I may be patient; I may be tolerant. But those are not shortcomings. Your words are extremely insulting.

If you want to indulge in mud-slinging and name-wars with me, bring it on. Or you can leave it be, let it rest, and move on. Its entirely up to you.

It appears you like to take a confrontationist attitude. So, make your choice, flite. The red pill or the blue one. Put up or shut up.

14. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Who will retire first, cobalt or flite? I suggest both :) :p

15. flite

flite Regular Member

@cobalt: Exactly like you said, I am here to express my own opinion and out of nowhere being a busybody you jumped in and make certain remarks that were trying to take advantage of the situation.

If you weren't happy with my remarks, that's nothing I could do about it but I don't mean that you are anything stupid or spineless! It was your own interpretation. Not mine.

As for the rest, I am up to anything anytime with people who in the first place have no respect or whatsoever for certain sportsman that bring glory to certain peoples country and strike on any given opportunity to poke fire, criticize and some even resorted to condemnation. Its just that you people are putting it in a more "subtle" way.

That being the case, red or blue or whatever I am up for it.

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    So, you're one of those conspiracy-theory, bug-eyed irrational, slightly ignorant bigots. Cool! Here is my catgorical response.

out of nowhere being a busybody
    It's a FORUM. Understand?? I questioned the relevance of a phrase. But you promptly questioned my motives!!:D Do me a favour: look for monsters under your own bed next time.

make certain remarks that were trying to take advantage of the situation.
    WHAT?? Advantage?? I'm still trying to wrap my head around this leap of logic you have achieved. Never mind. Try thinking clearly before you decide to reply next time.

people who in the first place have no respect or whatsoever for certain sportsman that bring glory to certain peoples country and strike on any given opportunity to poke fire, criticize and some even resorted to condemnation.
    Pathetic. I don't know who you are trying to impress with this absolute rubbish, but it just sounds like so much crappy propogandist copy-paste. And in any case, what line exactly did I write to show "no respect or whatsoever for certain sportsman that bring glory to certain peoples country and/or/etc/regardless/notwithstanding?" Get the point, dude? No? Not surprised, here! :D

you people
    Boy! You sign off by putting your prejudice front-and-centre for all the world to see. Good job! For your elucidation, here is the dictionary meaning of the word "prejudice."
    a (1) : preconceived judgment or opinion (2) : an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge b : an instance of such judgment or opinion c : an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics

No question about it, flite: you qualify in spades!

17. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Cool it, mate ...its 1-1 and no rubber game :)

18. flite

flite Regular Member

Very good command of english and again manage to putting strong words in a subtle manner.. but sadly I expected something more.

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    What you read is what you get. I can't help it if a lot has got "lost in translation" but I'm not going to dumb it down for you to "get it." The next time you feel you can get away with insulting someone you don't know, or questioning their integrity, I suggest you stop and think, hard and long.

20. flite

flite Regular Member

Or should this statement be more suitable for you since I can see the trauma in you after the impact in writing mile long essay. For your info, I merely browse through your long post.