2013 Indian Badminton League (August 14 - 31)

Discussion in '2013 Tournaments' started by chris-ccc, Feb 19, 2013.

1. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

You don't see the rule because not one rule has been written down and been available to view from IBL officially. Based on that all of these are moot points.

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    1.LCW
    2.Tine
    3.Ivanov or Marc Zwiebler. If i am the franchisee, i will prefer Ivanov instead of Zwiebler.

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Projected line up for MM

1) Ivanov - MS1
    2) Tine - WS
    3) Manu Attri and S.Reddy - MD
    4) LCW - MS2
    5) Ivanov and Tine - XD

4. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Wow if they did that high chance of 3-0 white wash for AW. Mumbai have to lead with LCW surely.

5. terranova

terranova Regular Member

We know Ivanov is not that good in singles but he can beat AW singles. He won his singles in earlier MM-AW meeting. Also Ivanov plays doubles so he gives MM more doubles options.
    We also know Kido is hard to beat but it is about increasing the chances by bringing in combos that are better than the ones that lost in straight sets in last meeting. Biggest risk is to just rely on TB to beat Sindhu and lying around like sitting ducks if she loses. :D

Exactly. If Zweibler loses, management will be blamed for not using Ivanov who won in last meeting. If Zweibler wins, good but what next since they are short of one good doubles player in Ivanov. :cool:

Same lineup as last meeting with only change in XD bringing in Tine.
    I prefer LCW in place of Ivanov for XD and Ivanov with Reddy in MD :) Bold but nothing to lose since they are heavy underdogs in the 2 doubles :D

6. terranova

terranova Regular Member

If they go with those players, Ivanov has to play MS1 and not MS2 so he has enough rest for his next XD match. Losing 3-0 is a risk they prefer to take over an exhausted Ivanov losing the last XD game if he plays back to back games MS2 and then XD :)

7. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

You have got a point with all you say, No doubt Mumbai have got a hard time today, But I think lead with LCW play Marc second MS both great chances to win, just let the MD go, and Play LCW in the mixed. You have got 2 good chance in mixed and WS to win. I think Srikanth could take Ivanov if played also it is hard to play such a tall/different player as Ivanov first time but r.m.v will have a much better chance this time and it was super close last

#887 craigandy, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  8. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Just checked actually R.M.V beat Ivanov in last years All England. If Mumbai lose any MS they are toast I feel.

9. terranova

terranova Regular Member

Hmm RMV lost close 11-8 in last match so he is no pushover
    Plug in this H2H and see who is ahead
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/headtohead.aspx

10. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Here you go chaps
    z10.jpg

#890 craigandy, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  11. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

That's exactly what's happening:D Now even if Tine wins still a high chance Mumbai lose the Tie

Ivanov is made it in India as a deity they call him god of the smashes:D

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    LCW took the first game 21-15

13. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Wow R.M.V just out of ideas, he played well in the first set should have kept going.

14. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

R.M.V just want to go and hide under a rock somewhere LCW just messing about but he still can't get points 21-7 in the second.

15. terranova

terranova Regular Member

Shocking lineup. Even commentators were asking why LCW was not playing XD with TB.
    Poor Ivanov, they are putting all the pressure on him. First time any player is going to play back to back games.
    MM thinking is to put everything on winning all 3 singles. But at least they made a change with XD and brought in TB to play with Ivanov so their chances are slightly better compared to if they retained previous XD team.
    if TB loses and Ivanov becomes hero winning MS2 and XD, he should get lion's share of the USD300,000+ runners up prize or the USD600000+ champion prize :D

Haha, I just came back and when I saw LCW mucking around not attacking and only letting RMV make the mistakes, I tot LCW was playing practice training match with RMV. Well small cheers for MM but the next WS game will decide the whole match:D

16. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

Tine is going to struggle here, 34 years old and no air con in the stadium against a young fresh talent.

17. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    Dont think its ging to be exactly the same, TB isnt that easy meat. Last time too it went to the rubber, if she wins now, and Ivanov loses the tie could be interesting.

18. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

She is going to be cooked meat in these conditions:D

19. terranova

terranova Regular Member

Just when you tot it cannot get any worse for MM, it seems TB is nursing some injury and wanted to be excused for 2nd set of WS so she can concentrate on XD.
    I sympathise with Ivanov now.
    Now he first has to overcome Srikanth, then overcome his exhaustion without resting to play the final high pressure game. In addition, he has to support and compensate for a demoralised TB both mentally and physically. Oh by the way, TB still has trouble handling the fast shuttlecock.
    And oh, did I mention that his final XD opponent is the superb unbeatable bro and sis pair of Kido. No kidding!
    If he pulls it off, forget the Expendables, he can join The Avengers :D In the many matches played so far I have not seen superhero feats so looks like this may be the match.

20. craigandy

craigandy Regular Member

That's what I thought but Steen corrected that by saying Tine actually thought they were too slow. Didn't seem like it since she kept hitting it out but, that's what he said.