Wong Pei Tty & Chin Eei Hui

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ahwp1990, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    If they can beat the CHN pair, although not winning any medals in MO09, I think it's good result already for them.

2. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

Badminton: Eei Hui-Pei Tty targeting for All-England final
    THE next big goal for Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty is to become the first Malaysian women’s doubles pair to reach the All-England final.
    And the job of national doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky is to motivate them for the task ahead.
    In the Malaysian Open on Friday, Eei Hui-Pei Tty came agonisingly close to beating China’s Zhang Jiewen-Yang Wei for the first time in 11th meetings but they squandered a healthy lead to seal the quarter-final match in straight games and went on to lose 21-17, 19-21, 11-21.
    Despite the defeat, the duo are expected to move one rung up to world number one in the ranking list that will be released on Thursday.
    Rexy said that Eei Hui-Pei Tty blew their best chance to get the better of the 2004 Athens Olympics champions.
    “If they had slowed down in the second game and played more patiently, they could have won the match. It was so close for them,” he lamented.
    Rexy, however, was happy with the way the Malaysians accepted the defeat.
    “Yes, they were disappointed. But this time, they knew what was the cause of the disappointment. They were able to analyse and explain their failure. I am happy with that,” he said.
    “They are more positive with their approach in handling victory and defeat. And I will do my best to keep their morale high.
    “They were the semi-finalist at the All-England last year. If they can keep up their momentum and spirit in training, a place in the final is possible. We will towards that.”
    All the doubles players will skip the second leg of the Super Series, the Korean Open, next week to polish up their game in training. There will be a motivation camp after the Chinese New Year.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2009/1/11/sports/2994613&sec=sports

3. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Until a few months ago, I used to think Chin/Wong would not amount to much except as an inconsistent top ten pair (which is not bad in itself). Good for them that I just got a big slap to my face. Hope they continue like this.

4. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

I can't understand why they did not give up their XD matches to focus on beating YW/ZJW and becoming No. 1 in the world.

Not only that was their best chance of beating YW/ZJW, but also their best shot at the No. 1 ranking which they would cherish for life.

5. Ajaib

Ajaib Regular Member

Berdagang
    coz they know they will exactly be the world no.1 next week.....
    DU JING / YU YANG must loose their point in KO last year and that would made WPT/CEH automatically world no.1.....

World No. 1 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i have discussed this before, it's poor strategizing, or in some people's mind, poor fixing

7. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

No. 1 Pair in the whole big world.

Okay. It looks like they are indeed on their way to become No. 1.

Congratulatons :)

8. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Their main goal is to close the gap between them and CHN pairs.

Not really about the no 1 ranking, because Wong/Chin acknowledged that they are not yet at the same level as the top CHN pairs.

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The coaches wanted WPT & CEH to play XD - after their bad OG run, Rexy wanted them to focus more on XD but the gals proof the coaches (and many of us) wrong. WPT/CEH seem to prefer WD, they didnt want to let it go just like that after all the hard work over the years.

LKW/WPT are supposed to aim to qualify for WC this year. With the new combinations, they're Msia 2nd best XD pair, the youngsters still havent catch up with the 2 senior+junior pair (KKK/NHL, LKW/WPT) .
    WPT can take playing 2 dept, but injured prone CEH i dont think so. Anyway, it was reported in the press Rexy will review if CEH should continue playing 2 dept.

#189 eaglehelang, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  10. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

yes, i did ask ceh she prefer xd or wd, she say wd. i m relli impressed by their improvement 2nd half of last year. they prove many ppl wrong. hope they will improve more this year n year to come. they wil be no 1 :)

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the best pair in the world or not...becoming world number one is something respectable...^^...but...their mistake is like...haiz....speechless

12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

The key difference is in the stamina and maybe the mind.Their repertoire of shots is excellent.Look how KOR WD demolished YW/ZJW in the last half of their match? Sheer change of tactics or lame CHN WD excuse of injury? If CEH/WPT lost to an injured WD, that's even worse for them.
    There's nothing wrong with CEH/WPT.What's wrong is they have a dumb coach like Rexy.Until today, this guy could not analyse that to win a title, the champion has to be tops in skills, tactics and STAMINA.And if his players is in two events and their equally skilled opponents play only one,then the MAS WD is likely to lose because of stamina.(Recall how INA WD lost to MAS WD in SSF? Stamina difference?)

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

they need to cut down less mistakes in their game;)

14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    They are no. 1 in the world? A semi-retired Chinese pair bring them down from heaven .... And on their homeground too...
    Mistakes & skill wise both can't match the China pairs.
    Likewise, Look at the "Queen of mistakes " -- Lee HJ ;)

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Both of them is actually happy that they are Ranked #1. But they know that their standard is not on par with the Chinese Pairs. Msian Gov now want to put more effort in producing more ladies players like them.

16. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

wow, ants , u asked them about that, i m sure their fans will be happy too that they are going to be no1 this thus. i am very happy for them.hope they improve more and maintain no1

17. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

since there is little pics of wpt/ceh,i decided to upload their pics. if u wan any players pic that i may hav,i will upload.

WPT/CEH after their match vs YW/ZJW.notice wpt still smile widely despite their lost. they are nice ppl

Attached Files:

18. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

semi retired chinese is still gd n fresh.mas wd hv to play both xd n wd.tired liao. n oso ceh say that she x like play in mas cos of the home crowd. i think got pressure. she say playing in front of home crowd helps them when they play well but not when they x play well. nway the home crowd support is poor tat day when they play not like when kkk/tbh play, d whole stadium rock. i think wpt/ceh oso dissapointed maybe cos the support from crowd is not there.

19. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I think Mohd Razif / Woon Khe Wei is pretty good. WKW has become a much more solid player, less prone to silly errors, if what I saw in MO2009 is any indication. Razif is one heck of a fighter, they both are. I have not seen much from LKW yet, but he is still quite junior, so I'll wait a bit. Overall, the biggest progress is the improvement of the women players like WKW, NHL etc. over past the generation (where we only really have WPT/CEH).

20. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    It's never their own fault if they are ranked #1. They just strive their hardest and if the #1 comes their away even if they weren't asking for it and knew they probably did not deserve it, then so be it.