Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    Maybe the next meeting will bring better news.....or is that a far fetched dream? Whats sad is that some ppl from the BA states also behave like --censored--.........

2. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    The army (CTC) while holding a 6hours-meeting, contemplating whether to remain their Falcon Eagle (KKK/TBH) in their army base (BAM's magician's hat - put in your hand and pull out 2 rabbits -LCW & KKK/TBH). As the nuclear bomb is dropping, CTC decided to play tai chi again, for fear they will be held responsible if KKK/TBH quits. So play tai-chi to cover their a**. Meanwhile other infantries of China, Korea, Japan, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Denmark, Vietnam are discovering so many new weapons. CTC decides to do what? STICK THEIR HEAD INTO THE SAND LIKE AN OSTRICH and prepare for the worst to come. That's all folks. No decision after 6 hours. CTC is kiasi, not kiasu.. afraid to die, not afraid to lose.

kiasu.jpg head in sand.jpg

#982 Pakito, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  3. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Meanwhile KKK/TBH agrees to quit. CTC is wiping the sweat off their brows. Phew!! they say.

4. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Cutting off players, splitting doubles, hiring new coaches, tweaking training programs.....What about the management? No one among the higher ups want to questions their performance? (except BCers)

5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Courtesy of The Star :

Vountus slams BAM for dropping him without proper reasons

By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Doubles shuttler Vountus Indra Mawan has hit out at the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) for kicking him out of the national set-up without proper reasons.
    After 10 years with the BAM, the 23-year-old was dropped after being told that he lacked the skill and talent to be in the national fold.
    Although news of his dismissal had leaked out earlier, BAM general manager Kenny Goh officially handed the termination letter, effective Oct 15, to Vountus only on Wednesday – in the presence of doubles chief coach Tan Kim Her.
    Vountus, who left his home in Sabah to join the Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) as a Form 1 student in 2002, fired a broadside at the BAM for being unfair to him.
    “I just want justice. Kenny told me that the decision to drop me, based on the coaches’ report, was because I lacked skill and talent.
    “You mean the BAM waited for 10 years to tell me this? I must have been selected into the national team for a good reason in the first place,” said Vountus, who hoped that other players will not be subjected to such injustice.
    Just a week ago, the BAM coaching and training committee announced that they would seek the approval of the exco before making any decisions. The exco meeting is next Wednesday.
    So it seems that in Vountus’ case, they have already made up their minds.
    Vountus’ partner – Mohd Lutfi Zaim Abdul Khalid – however, has been spared. Lutfi will pair up with Teo Kok Siang for the Indonesian Open (Sept 20-25) and Taiwan Open (Oct 2-7).
    Prior to getting the chop, Vountus-Lutfi were ranked 48th in the world and fifth in the national team. Their most significant result in recent times was beating former Olympic and world champions Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan of Indonesia at the Malaysian Open last year.
    Vountus had earlier focused on the singles event but switched to doubles four years ago under the guidance of former national coach Rexy Mainaky.
    The Sabahan is clearly irked by BAM’s decision.
    “Kim Her told me that I have not performed and I can understand that. But why only me ... and not my partner? Doubles play is not about one individual,” said Vountus, who won a gold medal at the Malacca Sukma (Malaysia Games) with Ng Paou Leng in the mixed doubles event in 2010.
    “I have not made any plans for the future. I am shocked by this decision
    “I’ll have to look for something to do. I have spent all my years here in the BAM ... now I have to move on.”
    Vountus does have a point. Whatever the reason may be for dropping a player, it is only fair that BAM show their appreciation to the player concerned for his or her contribution.
    After all, Vountus has given 10 years of his life to the sport. That surely must mean something.

6. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

sad case. . .he's still young. Maybe it's not so bad?

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    another slap on face for bam.
    uncle tan,please tell vountus about ur dna/genetic theory.

8. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Uncle Tan is forever pro BAM, whenever, wherever, however. Always pro. For him not to side with BAM, pls, dream on.:cool:

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

[h=1]BAM rehire Tat Meng as women’s singles coach[/h][h=2][/h]

[​IMG]
    KUALA LUMPUR: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) have re-hired Wong Tat Meng (pic) as the women’s singles coach and expect more new faces to join him as they unveiled their new coaching and training structure yesterday.
    Tat Meng will replace Chi Shanrong of China, who had failed to leave a lasting impression in the women’s singles department since he took over more than a year ago.
    Except for Tee Jing Yi, others under his care did not make any breakthroughs.
    Yesterday, BAM’s exco headed by Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, announced Tat Meng’s return.
    He said that he would leave the selection and appointment of other coaches to their new project manager.
    Shanrong, who had been on leave for the past two weeks, will return to Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS).
    Tat Meng had played different roles with the national team over his eight-year stint before joining Li Mao in Indonesia in February last year.
    Under Tat Meng’s short stint as the national women’s singles coach for a year, Wong Mew Choo did the country proud by winning the China Open in 2007 when she defeated all the top players from China.
    Tat Meng, however, was sent to BJSS in 2008 for two years before he returned as a women’s singles coach in September 2010. Five months later, he signed up for the lucrative job in Indonesia.
    His experience in Indonesia will surely help as the BAM are hoping for Tat Meng to stay longer in his job and produce more Mew Choos.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2012/9/20/sports/12055413&sec=sports

Who is this Chi Shanrong btw?:confused: Never hear his/her name before in BAM set up;...

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    sonia/yang li lian coach in bjss time.

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    and also tee and lydia.
    are here for many years

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Took over more than a year ago.. means our ws is under her all this time.. i thought there's another new ws coach .. from malaysia of course.

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    The executive director of the Malaysian Employers Federation, Shamsuddin Barden, was quoted in today's news expressing great disappointment about the high percentage of Malaysian graduates with unacceptable standard of English. Most of such graduates had passed their SPM English but would not be considered employable.
    This is quite shocking and confirms what my best Malay friend, who is a director and major shareholder of a Bumiputra company, has told me time and time again. He even told me that an office messenger of a large company in the 1970s would put these new graduates to shame.
    To a large extent, we can see some proof here! Do you agree?

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    HE take over after wtm left

15. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Have to wait and see if Coach Wong Tat Meng can uplift the MAS WS standard again....we waited for many Mew Choos for quite awhile now...

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

What are you trying to say?

17. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Perhaps you can use Bahasa Malaysia.

18. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

If Tat Meng delivered the goods with WMC, why did they send him back to BJSS?

19. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    shortly after mew choo won china open, mew choo decided not to train under wtm but under misbun ??? dunno wat happen ???

20. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

I see...so that was when WMC started to train with the male players right? But was it Mew Choo's decision?

Curious but Tat Meng could save MAS WS pride...