Got my Yonex LTP 1000 TH shirt + fitting shorts!

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by *chance*, Aug 1, 2011.

1. *chance*

*chance* Regular Member

Hey guys, just thought I'd like to share my new Yonex LTP 1000 Taufik Hidayat shirt + fitting shorts.

I actually first wanted to buy the sleveless red shirt, that Taufik, LCW and Gade have been wearing since the World Championships last year, but it was way too expensive with 52€, got this shirt for 26€. XD

On the photos are all the other products that I own that Taufik has also been wearing recently. :) Oh and no I don't mean to copy him, I just think the stuff looks good and since I don't buy badminton clothing that often, why not buy something my favourite player also wears and that I find comfortable? :)

Frontside
    [​IMG]

Backside
    [​IMG]

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

52€ ? That's insane! You can buy the sleeveless one in Malaysia for half that! Badminton clothing in Europe is so expensive. I never buy badminton stuff from Europe anymore, get all my stuff from Asia, it's much cheaper and there is so much more choice.:)

3. *chance*

*chance* Regular Member

Yeah I see, but ordering it too Germany is still a bit hard and I don't have paypal or anything like that yet. XD

How high are the shipping costs btw, for example from Malaysia to Germany?

You wanna know how much I paid for those wristbands? 6€ for the yellow ones directly bought at German Open 2011 Semi Finals Day. 12€ for the red ones, 6€ + 6€ delivery. <___<

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

The real sleeveless one was SGD$80 which is about €47 now, half must be the local asian version(?) ... which is no comparison since it is not the same thing :p. (well "real" even that one is not the same as what the players wear)

#4 demolidor, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  5. *chance*

*chance* Regular Member

Ok I see, though I don't really understand what you mean with "local asian version" and "not the same thing".^^"

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Well paypal is quite useful for ordering abroad. I don't know about Germany, but to the UK (should be similar rate to Germany) the price of shipping depends on the weight. If you are ordering shirts and shorts (lightweight) then shipping costs are cheapish, if you want to order shoes and stuff it's more expensive. Anyway ordering from Malaysia is hard as there are no shops, unless you know people, but places like Taiwan/HK/China have places to order from with a good selection. You can try www.BbeShop.com/en if you want to order more shirts and stuff.:) btw you paid 12€ for 1 wristband ?:eek:

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

The local distributor has permission to produce cheaper local version but they are not made with the same material and the print is usually lesser quality. One local said it (the tribal print) looks about 70% like the international version that they sell in Europe and this time also in Singapore and Malaysia in limited numbers (those are products with EX in the name).

Of course for the huge price difference and much larger choice you might be easily willing to look past those differences ;).

BBE Shop or Store , not sure which one, is a good place but still not as cheap as Malaysia or Thailand but as mentioned above either buy on holiday or know someone there ...
    Hmmm my hairdresser is a Thai, maybe I should slip her the address to some stores there :D

#7 demolidor, Aug 1, 2011
  8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I am forgetting how strong the SG$ is at the moment....

9. *chance*

*chance* Regular Member

@demolidor: Oh I see, well on the shirt it just said 100% Polyester, so I'm not sure. :)

@LD rules!: No they come in packs of two. :3

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yes, I blame Greece :p. But even at the normal level of 2:1 it would still be €40 ... (no idea on SGD v GBP historical rate) But I guess that would already be 25% of for the same thing. Over here it is €48 but there has to be somewhere in Germany/Europe where it is cheaper. UK? At this xchange rate :D. Gonna order a YY shirt from UK this week, will post a pic when I get it. Quite nice if I say so myself and reminded me very much of a particular football team's shirt :cool:.

Now that I browse in the bargain section the 12043EX is €40 here

#10 demolidor, Aug 1, 2011
  11. *chance*

*chance* Regular Member

lol. XD

Well one side for the sleveless shirt would be that since I'm german, my skin is pretty white and I'm not running around t-shirt-less all the time, so only my underarm gets tanned while wearing shirts, so that might look weird. Also my arms are not THAT muscular, they're not thin, but not that much muscle in there.

Also I'd have to shave under the arms all the time I want to play which could get annoying. XD

Well I'm out of school now, so I won't be playing that many tournaments anyway for some time. :)

12. Brale90

Brale90 Regular Member

Student
    Hi.
    Nice outfit. Where did you order the TH shirt /short?

offtopic:
    Where do you play badminton? Which location?

13. *chance*

*chance* Regular Member

Thank you, I ordered it on amazon, just search for "yonex shirts", should be on page 3 or so. They also got the sleveless ones. :)

I play in Sachsen-Anhalt and you? :3

14. Brale90

Brale90 Regular Member

Student
    Amazon? I have never searched there :eek: . Thanks. i searched in "badminton shops". But they only have rackets.

I play in Baden-Württemberg. Youre a league player?

15. *chance*

*chance* Regular Member

Hehe :)

Well depends on what you understand under a league. There is a sort of A-league with the 8 best players of Sachsen-Anhalt and everytime the last 2 go down to league B which has 12 or more players (not sure). Though we don't have that many players here. At best about 16-20 people in the U19 show up. Far more younger players in U11 or U13 of course. :)
    Sachsen-Anhalt is the smallest badminton region in Germany I believe. v____v Though we have 2 players (U15 and U17) who are top players in the whole Germany. :3

Well best result I got was under best 16 of a Norddeutsche Rangliste in 2007 when I was 14. :)

16. Brale90

Brale90 Regular Member

Student
    Sounds good.
    How often do you train?

I just found an other onlineshop which sells the TH Shirt.
    But im still searching for the PG shirt. I think it was a wm edition gold / white.

17. *chance*

*chance* Regular Member

I train twice a week, well not really training, cause there no one at our club who is good enough anymore to really train with me (they all left or finished 10th grade etc.) and selftraining alone is too boring. I play doubles against the adults, they're not bad but you know they just wanna make their 4-5 matches drink some beer etc. :)

Though in holidays like now, we only have training once a week.

Well at amazon, you can choose which color you want. Did you look it up?^^ http://www.amazon.de/YONEX-Players-...KZLS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1312328449&sr=8-2

18. Brale90

Brale90 Regular Member

Student
    Yeah i found the TH-shirt at amazon. But not the special PG shirt. It was an other edition. (or am i blind? :( )
    http://www.yonex.de/badminton/rackets/peter-gade-serie/
    There you can see PG and im searching this shirt. Maybe i connect the other shop.
    So i could switch between PG and TH :p
    TH for smashpower and PG for more precision.

I know your training problems. I started training with the adults three years ago. Talking is more important than training. And its hard
    to find a partner for technic training.

Lucky boy. My club doesnt train in holidays so i searched a second club. Normally i train thrice a week and give 4 to 6 trainingslessons.
    Beside badminton, i do walk training and this summer i started a bit weight training.

19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

If you look closely the Amazon seller is actually ActivInstinct from ... the UK ;).
    That Peter Gade shirt is an old model already, and exactly in that version it was never for sale here but you can try: http://www.mauricerobinsonsports.com/c.php?c=1009 I don't know if this store sells internationally though ... but at least that is the code of the shirt you should search "BW9302VC" or just "Yonex 9302"

#19 demolidor, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  20. *chance*

*chance* Regular Member

@Brale90: Oh you meant the one that is sleveless on one side and has a sleeve on the other side. :) (Though there is a version which has sleeves on both sides) [​IMG] [​IMG]

@demolidor: Yeah I see, either they have a shop in Germany too or I didn't have to pay that much for delivery, because of amazon. XD