Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, May 12, 2006.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    PG had the same goal.

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    He won't get past q/final!

3. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

A record 7th Indonesian Open title, that'd be nice wouldn't it?

4. maxout

maxout Regular Member

If Taufik makes it to the INA OPEN 2013 Final, there is no place on Earth that will ROCK for badminton like Istora Senayan IF he wins it !!

That will be a TICKET to get / die for ... :D for the atmosphere ...

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    True.... so true! :D

BUT....
    "Earth calling maxout... come in, maxout..... Sir, I think we've lost maxout to the alternate reality..." :D:D:D

Look, he is a professional, and he is not from a team that believes in assists. He won't be getting any free rides. Second-stringers from everywhere beat him nowadays; Simon and Sony beat him now, when they wouldn't have stood a chance 2 years ago...

Taufik's best days are behind him; he is a spent force now, and he knows it; he is just playing out his contractual obligations until next year. But I still feel privileged to be able to watch the magician at work. I'll take what he can give, and be very, very happy for it.

6. Shinyballoon

Shinyballoon Regular Member

qft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. sen

sen Regular Member

Reading the replies already took many time and effort. I can't imagine researching and writing those.

21 gun salute !!!

8. maxout

maxout Regular Member

That's why, I use "IF" ... :D

But like the saying, "One more for the road .... " , logically and rationally, it is not going to happen but, somehow, I got a strong gut feeling, Taufik will do a real "show stopper" and "turn back the clock" , ONE LAST TIME ....

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    one gain nothing for discredit another.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Reads like a debate between two statisticians or historians. Their arguments,stands and conclusions aside, just their data,facts and figures cited are what interest and benefit me the most for which I must admit I appreciate it. Unable to match their research, I felt constrained and reluctant to join in their discussion.

Subjectively speaking, I regard Taufik Hidayat as one of the all-time greats but definitely outside the top three who, to me, are first Lin Dan, second Zhao Jianhua, third (I 'll leave it out as it is from this point point on that arguments and debates starts to generate)....

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yesterday, GC's co-commentator said in length what he considers great player of the game during LCW's match against BP. He said it's not measured by what you have won but what you have contributed to the game as an ambassador, on and off the court and needless to say, LCW is one of them, so is PG.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    as said by nokh88
    i believe taufik done alot for ina badminton too.
    even kenichi tago is his fans
    hehe

13. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    I think my word is clear : "big blow" for XXZ and not CH. Being a reigning world champion, but not selected for OG it's really hard to accept. Before the big blow, XXZ won more titles than Chen Hong 9 vs 8. And who he beat to claim the 9th title ? It's Chen Hong.
    I think in the video, Taufik says AE is just another super series ?
    What is the prestige to win AE ?
    History ? Then where is the history factor when BWF decided AE 06 = 4 stars tourney only, the same with ABC 06 ? That made the game so special ? Do you think the majority of China & Korea players attend AE with fresh condition most of the times just like they do in OG & WC ? No ! Why ? Bcoz AE only mickey mouse title for them. Really different for the majority players from Malaysia, and especially INA players. Playing badly in AE is not a shame for CHN & KOR players :p
    Jung comment can't change the status of AE.
    It's not like that, but like this :
    But what about China & Korea players ? Totally different. For them, exhausted for mickey mouse event AE after play in Swedish / Germany is not a problem. If they can win AE, good. If they can't, also no problem. Mickey mouse AE surely different from the major like OG and WC.
    First you said the link is wrong, but then you said you don't know how China thinks abut AE. LOL. If you don't know how China think, then why you said the link is wrong ?
    As I said it before, AE = mickey mouse title for China.
    China & Korea (2 strongest countries in AE modern era, won > 60% of total AE title) looks down to all england. It's more than enough.
    You only involve CH when L D vs TH. Not XXZ, and not BCL, bcoz you wanna make TH looks good. and you only involve PGC when LCW vs TH. Why ? The same reason. Why not BCL ? Bcoz TH looks really bad. :p. You only involve the player that can make TH not so bad. Why LHI, BCL, CL and CJ not involved in L D vs TH ?
    Read again. For CBA : CBA's tournament > mickey mouse all england. Who said CBA consider AE = major event ? :p
    https://www.sbg.ac.at/populorum/bad...showthread.php/15865-CHINA-road-to-championCH only played against weak players from weak teams (USA & Japan) in 2004 TC, but not against strong players from INA, KOR and Denmark :p. And from 2000 - 2006, CH never played in SF and Final of the Thomas Cup :p. But why you include CH and not Xia or Bao, we all know the reason
    go to Dec 2010 ranking, and click Lin Dan, see if BWF count AG or not ? If BWF not count for L D, then why they count it for TH ? IBF / BWF only count AG until 1994, SEAG until 95 or 97, East AG until 93. But IBF / BWF never count World Cup and World GP Finals. If TH win AG 94, then yes, it count. TH won 02 and 06 AG, surely not count. http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955
    And also AG 02 & 06 won by TH.
    Minus 10 to L D and minus 6 to LCW is an indication how good taufik is ? Compare it to other MS and see how good taufik is ? hahaha :p
    Useless point. BCL can beat TH most of the times, that's why I said it is useless. TH so inferior in front of BCL :p

14. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Sarcastic ? Prove it. Which post ?
    I'm the first one ? Fantastic. So I'm the first person in BC that knows the fact that BWF not count the result in AG since 1998. Good
    Dong Jiong win - lose records : 154 - 52. I count it already, include the error Swedish 95, it should be 2 - 1, but they record it 3 - 2. AG 94 count. AG 98 not count. Start from 1998, BWF didn't count AG result, surely the 02 and 06 AG won by TH also not count. If win lose records and H2H not counts, then where is the logic if BWF count the title ? http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/find.aspx?a=8&oid=209B123F-AA87-41A2-BC3E-CB57133E64CC&q=4856
    That's the fact. TH knows he is not so good. He can't win 20 titles during his career if he not compete in lower level tournaments likes india open, us, canada, abc and etc. Lower level only attract few top MS, that is suitable for him
    Most of Asian players prioritize AG than Denmark open, so can we conclude AG >Denmark SS ? How much ranking points for AG winner ? Compare it with Den SS winner. One thing also, all of CHN top players absent in INA 2010 due to CBL. So CBL > INA SS ?
    That's why I said, you can win OG / WC if you are lucky. But luck didn't happened most of the times, that's why TH only can win 21 titles, and needs > 95 wins to surpass Gade achievement.
    Totally different case. L D and LCW in OG 08 was fit, and also both players has one day rest. In WC 05, TH was fit, but L D was extremely tired after beat PGC in 96 minutes. In Japan 05, even TH said he lost to Chen Hong bcoz he was too tired after beat PGC before. If TH can make that excuse, why L D can not ? http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=234213&langid=5
    The same goes to CJ. And that's prove my word. If you are lucky, you can win OG / WC.
    His level of play is normal, even from 1998 - 2003. That's why during the period, he was only being world #1 for 3 - 4 weeks. Imagine, 6 years of career, with so many major event experienced but only max 4 weeks in #1 position, even before the emerging of Lin Dan
    Then what is the point you make the H2H stats until 2006 (post # 1157) if then you ignore the H2H stats just bcoz TH looks so bad ? :p
    so final decision : who is greater ? LCW or Taufik ? Still the same answer, LCW > TH ?

#1214 Fortune, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  15. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    That's the point. TH is loved but not necessarily he is one of the greatest. Don't forget, so many Indonesians in China.
    TH only win once out of 8 duel vs LCW, what so proud of it ? What is the problem if TH > CJ @ mickey mouse AE ? And CJ win it again 1 week after :p
    TC and SC also major. Chen Long surely has at least one major. CJ and BCL surely has more than 2.
    Before PG was 27, TH already played in 2 TC, 1 SC, 1 OG and 3 WC. Need more experience ? Do we have another major event ?
    If PGC still amazing @ 35, then he was much more amazing 10 - 12 years ago. TH only can win most of the times when gade was 27 years.
    When you were young, surely you moves much faster. And not only TH, but also every other players. Gade also moves much faster when he still young. Also L D and LCW. But the different is, L D and LCW can improve their skills, while TH can't.
    PGC only can win 2 times vs LCW, bcoz they start to played when gade = 27 yrs, but that only 2 matches, the other 16 matches start when gade was 30 yrs. At 27, TH only can win once vs LCW. Poor TH. This is fair.
    If not only experience, then what else ?
    Around 3, 4 or 5. Still need some research before I can decide.

#1215 Fortune, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  16. julianng

julianng Regular Member

In the meantime...

Another Taufik Hidayat video....

[video=youtube;zPnUIrFgQZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPnUIrFgQZM&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

17. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    If I say BCL is greater than LCW, and Chen Hong is greater than Taufik...and there are someone give long explanation to prove who actually greater, so it is called fanatic also ? And interestingly, you have no comment to Giga01

18. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Not only in DetikForum, but also in here. Every time I post something that can proved Susi and TH is not the greatest, they like to say it. (Anjing = Dog). I know it's hard for them to accept the fact.

19. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    2003 - 2004 ? Except all england only ? Hmm. Wrong statement. He only can win 4 titles, with one of it (ABC 04), only a few top MS participated, bcoz they already qualify for OG 04. Lose 03 World Championships, TC 04 in Jkt, no open title in Europe even until mid 2010, and no CHN - KOR - JPN title until now

20. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    The fact is : L D, CL and CJ as Taufik's nightmare :D:p