Yonex Nanospeed 9900 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Hunterex196

Hunterex196 Regular Member

Hi guys, I was wondering if the Armortec 900 Technique (3u) or the Nanospeed 9900 (2u) be better for doubles? I play singles as well and I have no problem wif handeling a 2u (i have a 2u Arc10). Which would you recommend for both singles and doubles??

Derek

2. nz2010

nz2010 Regular Member

Since you are playing with 2U Arc10 and have no problem of handling it then I think NS9900 2U is better (great for single). NS9900 2U will give you more power over the 3U AT900T. IMO AT900T 3U is better in double and NS9900 2U is better in single. I think it depends on whether you are like to play single or double more.

3. Hunterex196

Hunterex196 Regular Member

i see, thanks, personally i like singles more but my school has enough singles players and not enough doubles so i get stuck in doubles haha. however, how would you compare the at900technique to the nanospeed 9900 in terms of smashing and crosscourt drops?? my two fav techniques :p anyhow, I'm actually more used to head heavy rackets such as the armortec and muscle power series, how long do you think I'll need to adjust??

4. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Yonex NanoSpeed 9900 is the sum total of all NanoSpeeds. Every thing from the lowest end NanoSpeeds upto NS900os and NS9000x have been tweaked, thereby it (NS9900) is the culmination that produced the strongest, most resilient, most manoeuvrable and stiffest of them all the NS series!

5. mitchaayx3

mitchaayx3 New Member

High Schooler
    hey, im planning to get a ns9900, but idk if i should make it 2U or 3U. i know 2U is suitable for singles and 3U is suitable for doubles, but idk what to choose! Cause i always switch from mixed and singles. any suggestions?

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    My suggestion is to go with a 2u version. Long term it is worth it.

7. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

Since NS9900 is head light, it would be great to get hold of a 2u if you can find one readily because even with the added few grams in weight it still swings very fast. The extra weight must add that extra punch too without sacrificing too much maneuverability. Hope this helps, enjoy!

8. mitchaayx3

mitchaayx3 New Member

High Schooler
    mkaay. thank you! :)

9. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

if you normally used heavy head rackets... forget about NS9900... owning it will affect your strength and timings... you can consider it if your age is catching up... I sold all my light head rackets...

10. nz2010

nz2010 Regular Member

I have played with NS9900 2U & 3U. If you are an advanced player level then maybe 2U is ok otherwise go for 3U, safer option. Switching from a 3U racket to a 2U racket you will get timing problem for sure. Personally I don't think NS9900 2U is good, swing quite slow and stiffer. Very odd compare to 3U version (very quick and head light-to-balance). If you feel the NS9900 too light then go for Arc8dx or Arc10 instead. I think best if you can test the racket out first and maybe play 1 or 2 games and see how it goes.

11. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    i feel ns9900 3u is a bit too light. 2u is slower but its still much better in defense compare to the armortec 3u.

i only play double and i feel its a great racket. especially when u need fast swing, be it when drive or smash (best is when your opponent returns get weaker as you smash and u need to end the rally).

12. angchor

angchor Regular Member

how much is the NS9900 selling in sg now?

13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

My NS9900 has been officially retired from service, almost two years on since I got it.:) it is still great racket, it just can't compare with some of my other rackets which I prefer better. A great companion, but it's time for it to have a happy retirement instead of being broken. :p

14. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Oh that's atrocious:), try to add a little strip of lead (once and see how it plays) at the 3 and 9 o'clock, alternatively, I've also tried the 2 and 10 o' clock. Just an experiment, it plays about the same as the SiW35 but with heavier smashes and relatively easy to move around.

At this point and this kind of setup, I realize NS9900 is a tad stiffer than SiW35 (which I can bend during play) but not the NS9900:cool:.

Anyhow, I don't see the point in adding lead to my rackets, I like it as it is:D. It was a one-off trial and I'm glad for experiment's sake:D. Cheers.

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Yeah, I would try adding lead tape, but I think I will leave it, it is unstrung at the moment, so I think I will keep it that way.;) Anyway, I am happy with the SW35 and AT700LTD:)

16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

There are now 41 pages on this thread, I wonder how many have you read? Fair enough its your opinion that you dont like NS9900. But making comment as such NS9900 is for oldies people, is simply not true. Im sure there are many 45yrs old grandpa who can still smash your fat *** around like chicken with a burning tail. Please draw a fine line when making comment. NS9900 is a great racket, the best around IMO. I own 25 rackets in total (many of them are head heavy rackets) and have tried many2 more. Its matter of preference (single or double) and your style of play, nothing more.

17. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Btw, you are influential;)! Because I am really leaning (back against the wall) towards going the Yonex line for its value retaining purposes:D, so as I was trying to consolidate all my other rackets (which is not much at all...anyhow I decided to retain 1 of each) such as, Sotx Woven 16 (used to be 2), RSL X2 Gold (used to be 3), SiW35 and various Yonex rackets, in the end I purchase two more extra SiW35:cool:! Beats me. Guess, I shouldn't be reading too much good praises here;) (another dent in the cash box, another hole in the wallet:)). Cheers mate:cool:.

P.S. Oh, don't you start ditching those SiW35 of yours for MX80 or VT80 (have them all together at once if you will but please don't retire it just yet;)!).

18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Nah, stick with Victor, SW35 deserves to be everyones go to racket :p

So you have 4 now ?:p damn you have more than me !:p anyway they aren't hugely expensive. When you compare to something like a Z JP.:cool: and then going into other sports ((I mean just look at a golf club for instance)) I got three for around US$220 ish

I won't be ditching the SW35 for a while, I am hoping to demo the MX80 soon, and then go from there, if I like it, then maybe... I won't be going to VT80 I just can't afford that (I would have to buy 3 for Intl tournaments and stuff) so it isn't cost effective. Victor give me stuff off, so I can go to MX80 maybe.

I think come November, I will still be using SW35 and 100% using Victor :)

19. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    intl? .. international?

20. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Intentional, intentional ;) ...