Yonex ArcSaber Z Slash Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Jul 26, 2009.

1. King's

King's Regular Member

What I am really interested is how it (Z-Slash) compares to Z-Force in terms of quickness. Probably, when the smoke clears, I'll just stay with Z-Slash and use my money to buy all the CAB 50 I can afford.;)

#2001 King's, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  2. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Hahaha !!
    I want to buy loads of racket that I like that I can afford :p

3. King's

King's Regular Member

Take note, I only wanted to buy the ones I like, therefore if Z-Force is not what it is hyped to be then I'll just stick with my Z-Slash and get all the Cab 50 within my budget.

4. drew tze en

haha I am planning to buy either a new Z-Slash TH or Voltric 80 :)

5. King's

King's Regular Member

I prefer the yellow original! Have totally skipped the Voltric line to date and was hoping to get my first Voltric by way of Z-Force if it turns out to be worth it my own personal preference.

6. kaynofx

kaynofx Regular Member

Hi drew,

What about the heaviness & power? Does arc z give more punch? I also have a VT 80...which i use for singles play. Anyhow, I feel its' movement is quite slow for doubles game..(maybe due to its' weight).However, it plays fine in singles and has helped to deliver lots of good smashes.

I'm planning to get arc z to play doubles. After sometimes, I feel that VT70 has become less powerful...and does not give me the result that I need.

Thanks for sharing info guys...

Cheers

7. drew tze en

Although the Arcsaber Z-Slash is a 3U racket I feel that the racket is pretty light since the racket is slimmer I feel that the frame helps in distance it is easy to move around the court.For a few weeks you may not be able to smash as the head shape is slimmer this just means you need to time your smash. But you may feel your smashes are faster than before.I have tried a Voltric 70 I didnt like it may be because I usually play with stiff rackets. The Voltric 80 I really enjoyed playing with the head heaviness helped.

8. kaynofx

kaynofx Regular Member

So, basically u feel that Arc Z is better than VT70? And Arc Z is also a bit heavier than VT70 (I think I read it somewhere)....

What about the new VT-ZF? Is it going to be better than Arc Z or VT 80?

9. drew tze en

Yes, personally I feel that the Z-Slash is better then the VT70 but this is my opinion, you may feel that it is the other way round.

I have heard about the VT-ZF I would love try it but I am going to try my newly bought Voltric 80 :)
    Since I am away from home and away from a badminton court I haven't been able to test the VT-80 yet :(

Apparently the Voltric Z-Force is inbetween the Arcsaber Z-Slash and the Voltric 80
    the racket has the best of both worlds I guess, like the slimmer frame combined with "Nanopreme" in the shaft. But to be honest I haven't got a clue what this racket would be like, but so far it looks good as Lee Chong Wei has won 2 tournaments so far using this new racket.

10. kaynofx

kaynofx Regular Member

I must say VT80 is a very good racket....I really helped me to improve my smashes. Although it feels a bit head-heavy, once u get used to it....then it will become a very useful racket.

About the VT-ZF, I hope it is a bit lighter than the VT80....

11. drew tze en

That's the reason why I can't wait to test this racket out!! It is because I have heard so many good things about this racket and also I love smashing so I wonder if my smashes are more powerful while using this racket.

12. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    During this visit, you stayed in HK for quite a long time man... Have fun....Buying more rackets, & test it altogether when you are back :p

13. kaynofx

kaynofx Regular Member

As for me, VT 80 gives more power when compared to other rackets.....esp. when it comes to the smashing part. I just wonder whether Arc Z or VT-ZF has the same attribute.

14. drew tze en

I haven't been in Hong Kong for a long time to be honest I have been in Hong Kong since last sunday haha... For me I play both Singles and Doubles and more of a doubles player speed is a key element in my game and the Z-Slash gives me speed and power on the court which I find fantastic !!

15. kaynofx

kaynofx Regular Member

I managed to try the Arc ZS last night (bought it the day before). God....a lot of mishits during the first set. The smaller sweet spot was highly noticeable when you compare it with VT80. Anyhow, I managed to get a few shots on the sweet spot and I could feel the power it generates. I guess the Arc ZS must be given enough time to adapt with my style of play. Overall, not frustrating and apparently more powerful than VT 70.

16. Ryccard

Ryccard Regular Member

Network Engineer
    I have been planning to buy an Arcsaber Z slash.. but as a consumer, i always research on what i but before i spend some money on it.. reading some pros and cons on it, I'm really more concerned about its durability rather than its paint job.

I'm an intermidiate player, gutting my rackets @ 23 ... i've seen some feedback saying even @ 24, the 11 and 1 o clock side of the racket sinks in rather than break the strings ( http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...6-broken-arcsaber-z-slash-at-the-top-of-mains ) for any out there who has arcsaber z slash, what have you experience so far ?

( please feel free to corrct me if i have stated anything wrong, thanks! )

17. Brale90

Brale90 Regular Member

Student
    I string the three z-slash(s) of a friend @26lbs.... no problems so far - 23 lbs shouldnt be a problem...

18. Ryccard

Ryccard Regular Member

Network Engineer
    Thanks for the feedback! :) . were those issues only a first gen issue of some sort ?

19. Brale90

Brale90 Regular Member

Student
    Couldnt really answer this question about the first gen issue.
    The z-slash(s) of my friend were made 2011.

edit says:

In my opinion a genuine z-slash shouldnt break @23 lbs.... even not @26 lbs or bit higher.
    But you can look in the "broken racket thread". There are always some unlucky persons with
    broken rackets. But it could be the stringer´s fault, or a clash in doubles ;>

#2019 Brale90, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  20. King's

King's Regular Member

There is truth about a bad batch, though it's mostly from someone else's experience. Mine are JP coded, bought in 2009 and up-to-now it is still doing great. It has never been strung below 25-26 pounds for as long as I can remember and at one time it was strung at 29 pounds (one time only). However, paint chips are quite prevalent (not a big problem in my opinion since I play with it a lot).

...sometimes, it happens...