Glen Waverley Sat. 7:30-10:00pm Titan Badminton Club

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by ashley, Jun 1, 2006.

1. BadFever

BadFever Regular Member

Uncle's group is not playing today and also next Thurs. :(

2. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    I thought we had already agree that ballarat was 1 or 2 grades lower .. so C in ballrat is in reality an E or D :D

I do not go out of my way for anything .. how dare you imply i put effort into anything :p

3. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Good .. thats one whinger gone :).. now how do i get Ashley to remove himself from his own thread :rolleyes:

4. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Yeah that sux, why was I the only trophy hunter banned from C/D grade - just coz I won D grade singles/doubles and C mixed, doesn't mean I can do that 2 years in a row hehehe!:p

We have set a precedent, time to move on to another state:cool:

Well Yum Cha was the highlight of my VIC OPEN weekend :D

5. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    Poor Vien got picked on so much - I barely got one whinge.

The trick is I am old, only allowed to play once or twice a week and don't take the game too seriously win or lose.

I threw my first game against some kid so I didn't have to play A grade singles. Then what happen? I lost my next game in B grade against I guy I have beaten before:crying: Its all karma, one day you are a C grader, next day you are a B grader, I am in a type of badminton void:D Waiting for the Veterans competition, only 4 years to go:rolleyes:

Seriously, I agree with Shy, Vien played some tough matches in C singles and Vincent lost in the semis, and he beat me at Ballarat, so Vien FULLY DESERVES the C grade singles trophy - well done Vien!:)

Now on a lighter note, Vien and I will challenge anyone reading these posts (except those Monash girls) to a match for $$$. That is right, you pay us to either win against you, or lose against you:D:D:D

6. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Anthony ... i dont get out of bed for less then $$$$$$$$ :)

7. ShyYen

ShyYen Regular Member

BadmintonHolic
    Just throw in KFC and Vien will get outta bed for free :D

8. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Just when it look like there was going to be a trophy drought in July .. along comes the 4th Titans Vs Southern Star interclub comp ... and this time its personal :)

... and with so many of the SS players recently falling for the trappings of marriage and/or parenting hood .. Titans got the advantage this time round :)

... and if Ashley be a little good organiser and put me in the section 4 team as he was told :p .. i might be able to get my sixth trophy for "09 ............. and for the record this can not be considered "Trophy Hunting" .... even section 4 in a Titans Vs SS must be considered B+ grade .. so i better not read about any one whinging :D

9. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    I won't be giving you clues which section you are playing. In any case the nice shiny steel trophy won't be too easy to get hold of. You will have to earn it.

10. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    You're right it wont be a easy trophy to get hold of ... since there's so many trophy hunters on both side, and both the organisers are trophy hunters themself ;) .. i swear Ash .. if you and Soul both put each other in a lower section then me ... i will be giving the ultimate almighty Gorden Ramsey spray :mad:

..and for the record I have earned and deserved every trophy i've won :)

11. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    GOOD NEWS! My mixed doubles career is back on track. Just got a call from Bek saying she is giving up her capoeira and returning to her true sport - badminton:) So watch out Lok Poh, I am entering C grade at the Monash as Bek has been a retired vic junior state player for a few years now:D

12. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Its done ... the challenge has been posted in a new thread .. now we sit and wait for the challengers :D

13. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    I think you can sit back and wait for verbal abuse from the veterans (I don't think the juniors will respond as most Gen Y's are a bit shy or lazy)

14. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Thats why I've outsmarted all those geriatrics by framing one of their own .. Carl ;)
    .. its a known contrive fact that old people are afraid of the internet and even more afraid of web posting ... so I'm safe :D .. otherwise i will really have to renew my passport so that i can fly and hide over in Brazil till this all blows over :crying:

15. anjoooo

anjoooo Regular Member

Oi, I'm Gen Y! :(

16. ashley

ashley Regular Member

Business Owner
    See what I mean, only one response out of thousands of Gen Y's at Badminton Central.

17. anjoooo

anjoooo Regular Member

Well this Gen Yers voice is a loud one, so I'll respond for the other thousand or so of us here at BC :D

18. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Lazy one line postings ... yep that really sums up generation Y, lets pin all our hopes on the next generation, Z or what ever generation come after that. Cause Y is a write off, a generation humanity will quickly forget and forever denied ever existed for out of embarrassment :)

19. Robbo77

Robbo77 Regular Member

Accountant
    haha! that is funny, we can laugh as we are the productive and complaining Generation X :)

Don't worry guys, it is roughly time that Generation X are producing mini-X generation, so that will make up for the lazy, always using spell checkers, twitter addicted, do nothings Gen Yérs:D

20. vienb

vienb Regular Member

Pro Wrestler
    Line Judge of the year :)

Yes that's right people i will nominate myself for the prestigious title :)

You guys missed out tonight, You should have came to watch the Yonex Open Grand Prix instead of playing at southern star .. it had it all, well nearly .. it didnt have any pretty chick players

1) Me and Leong being line judges ... Leong was adverage at best .. where as I scored 10/10 as rated by Michael when being threaten with water boarding torture :D

2) The most flamboyant POM one Earth ... more so then Carl and Ashley combine .. I line umpire a single game where this POM played against a kiwi ... the kiwi was adverage enough .. but the POM .. flaming red hair ... very tight bright pink top ... bright blue board shorts .. and a shiny gold racket to complete the look :p ... and he actually won :) ... wonder what he's going to wear for the next round :D

3) The best last game of the night ever seen in this country, that ended in controversy ... it was a men single game between a Indonesian and a Hong Kong, went for the full 3 sets, with 3 broken strings, the Indonesian player lost two strings and the match...
    18/21 in the last game ... cant remember the other games score .. the controversy was happen on the last point in the 3rd game .. it was a good long rally .. the indonesian loped the shuttle to the back left, the hongky got to it and smashed it straight down the left line ... the line umpire called it in ... and the indonesian chucked it ... jumping up and down .. refuse to accept the point of shack the umpires of oppositions hand ... then went off the court to sook in the far corner .. he did a sammy at Ballarat :) ... ..and that official line judge was none other then .................. not me .. ...........but Nelson's girlfriend :D

#460 vienb, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009