Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
    I wouldn't have done this if you would've kept that nice avatar with the blonde badminton player :D

2. avengers88

avengers88 Regular Member

Hey guys, just got my vt80 , it feels great. Now im wondering whether to put karakal grip over the yonex ori grip or should i just get a overgrip and put over the ori grip ?
    PReviously my racquet is about 3mm bigger than the vt80 current ori grip cause it's a G5 ( for the vt80 )anyway.

ANy opinion guys ?

#642 avengers88, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  3. muslepower

muslepower Regular Member

hello u want to buy voltric 70 sp,3U,G4 i have one to trade in for rm499,just used 3 time with string BG66 100% very good condition no chip paint at all., if u interested just email me smartboxs@gmail.com

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D I thought(knew) that was wrong but I just remembered I had turned off the spelling check yesterday (and I think it's just plain wrong to use caps for adjectives period :p). The "blond" girl = Li-Ning girl ;), but this weekend is college icehockey finals: "Frozen Four"

Selling VT70 in the VT80 thread?

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/153-Buy-amp-Sell

5. Cattex

Cattex Regular Member

I've got some additional hours under my belt with the VT80 and I have to say I think that the racket does a very good job of not compromising too much.

Despite being as heady heavy (basically) as the AT700 it's definitely a cut above it in handling.

I don't usually play with feathers because they are so expensive in the UK but I played at a new club on Wednesday that uses feathers exclusively. I started off with my Arc10 because it's the racket I am most used to and I wanted to make a good impression.

Things started fairly well but I was finding that on smash and drive returns the Arc10's head wasn't very stable - think the extra weight and force in the feather shuttle was a big problem for me to adjust to. After a few games with the Arc10 I swapped to the VT80 and it was like a new world opened up. The head was much more stable and the speed I was able to generate on defensive shots was much better.

The VT80s head weight really does help stabilise smash returns when you get the timing right - the other thing it allowed was more reliable net play. The Arc10 wasn't bad in these respects but the VT80 was just better.

I was surprised because I didn't think that the VT80 would actually be better suited to feathers particularly. But in my two hour session with them it certainly seemed to be (for my game anyway).

6. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Well, I'm surprised that you thought it is better than the AT700:cool: (is your AT700 and VT80 strung at the same tension?) but it's still too early to call. Anyways, will call it a confirmation once you've had at least 20 hours on your VT80 plus maybe one restring:D so that your new racquet has done a proper break-in:).

7. s3160717

s3160717 Regular Member

did u use 4U or 3U?

8. Cattex

Cattex Regular Member

I used 3U - for all my rackets

9. avengers88

Take a look at my voltric 80 .. Just got it and realised the shaft connectd to the cone area is making sound ..

http://www.twitvid.com/ZIAVW

Should i claim warranty ? DOes it affect the effectiveness in gameplay cause i think claiming warranty would be a hassle ..

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Why take a chance? Try to claim or ask for a replacement. It is new, isn't it? Are you sure it's genuine?

11. avengers88

Yeah it's new and genuine. The claim will take a long time to process. Could take up to a month or even longer :( !

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Your call... :) I would talk to the retail guy I bought it from and ask him to hurry it through. At least let him know there is a problem (preferably by email) and check his response.

13. avengers88

Sigh, such a tough luck. Performance wise should be okay I guess. It better be, otherwise i'll claim the warranty. Better than buying a defected product. Was disappointed with Yonex though, thought their quality control would be better.

14. whenry

whenry Regular Member

Got the same problem with my Armortec 500 and Armortec limited. Both of the cones got cracks and made sound everytime I hit. Performance still the same but the sound was annoying. One of the reasons I decided no more Yonex. If you compare with Victor cones, they have U shape on the part that connecting the cone with the shaft.

15. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

just strung my VOLTRIC 80 with BG66UM. My first impression after a few hours of play is the best ever head heavy racket that I ever had.
    (beside my AT900P, AT700..):)

16. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    what string tension do u use?

17. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    it really felt different. went for a swing last week. 1st time... was thinking of using a different string,but then .,all my sticks were all either Ti-68 or Bg 65, so i opted for the same.

and the tension is @ 27lbs.

initially,feels awkward,heavy...not heavy for me... i remember a guy who came into the shop just slightly after me,weighing up and testing,swinging 3U and 4U...kept asking the boss,felt heavy,this that.... until my stick was strung and i left,he's still at it... lol..

clears are effortless,swings are fast...ummm...just felt different... other than this? well,i cant say much... i play for fun... i cant play well...so ,nothing much to say... lol...

18. edvine

edvine Regular Member

hi all, i m using VT80 4U with BG66 25lbs tension. But during my smash i feel the string like too soft. Should i change it to better tension say 26lbs? or my contact point problem?

19. agozz

agozz Regular Member

IT
    Edvine,
    Where and how much you buy that VT80?
    at AJ puchong, they can offer at RM599 with bg66 and karakal grip.. but they only have 3U.. :(
    as for your feel soft-smash, maybe you can switch to BG 66 ultimax with 26/27lbs?

20. s3160717

s3160717 Regular Member

can u tell me why u do prefer 4U instead of 3U?