Hu Yun (胡芸)

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by smashmouth, Jul 6, 2009.

1. smashmouth

smashmouth Regular Member

banker
    HK's Hu Yun

I noticed this up and coming MS player during the Phil Open and it seems to me that this guy's got good potential. In fact, except for his finals match vs Chen Long (where he was clobbered), I think he showed excellent form. His loss in the finals may be partly due to nerves, since it was the first time in his career to reach the finals. In fact, it was his best showing in a tournament so far.

Hu Yun has good net skills, he moves well around the court and he can smash without telegraphing the direction of the bird. On top of his skills and athletic ability, he also looks, plays and carries himself like Taufik Hidayat (he even appeared arrogant at times because of his poker face). Of course that's just my opinion and of the people who I was with while watching.

The BC members might want to remember the name and keep an eye on this guy. Who knows, he might just become the most exciting MS player to come out of HK.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^You're dang right..^^

..he looks, has a body language, struts, plays & tries to mimic like Taufik..I would call him a Taufik Hidayat-wannabe..;)

3. super daloydoy

super daloydoy Regular Member

nasa loob
    i like his backhand shot.. unfortunately he lose to chen l.

4. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

I first saw him was in this year Sudirman Cup:D He impressed me in the match against LCW :D

5. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Hu Yun first caught my attention in 2004, 5 years ago, when he beat Ander Boesen 15:7 and 15:3 in the 2nd and 3rd games at China open, as a player from China Hubei province.

That time, Boesen was very hot, even entered top 5 in the IBF ranking. while Hu Yun was a unknown. He lost to Lin Dan in 2004 China open finally, after that, he didn't have chance to play other open tournaments. Therefore, he moved to Hong Kong 2 years ago, now he finally gets his chances to play international tournaments.

Such as Wang Xin, the current strongest women's single, many Chinese talents don't have much chance to play internation tournaments. Many years before, before the so called super series, some of them have chance to play China open. Now they even don't have any chance even play tournaments held in China, such as China open and china master, because all of those tournaments are super series now, only top ranked players can play, basically all the provincial players, now have no hope at all in China. There is no chance for them to play at all. All the national team spots are occupied by Li Yong Bo and his gangster members.

6. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    For Hu Yun, I don't know how far he can go in the future. Of course, he will deliver better results. But for himself, he has already wasted his best time as a professional badminton player.

7. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    According to Hu Yun's coach ( I did talk to him during Phillipiner Open)....he was not used to play 21 score...it takes him a while until late last year...
    Since his ranking improves a lot...HKG will intend to send him more tournaments...once he reaches 40 something..he will participate Super Series..

There are few chinese players waiting in HKG..one of them more talented than Hu Yun is Wie Nan...he will play for HKG after getting his permanent resident..may be another year or two....there is an uneasy relationship between HKG and China badminton ..hopefully new chairman will solve this problem...

For China...since there is more money from Li Ning...you had seen that China did send more his players to other tournaments....
    Players like Tao Jiaming or Sun JJ are already 24 yrs old..not young anymore...same thing with Wang Shi Yun.Zhang Jingkang ( both are 23 yrs of age)...

8. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Hu Yun would probably be the next HK star in the Making.. he still have alot of things to learn and be a potential threat to the stars.

9. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Wong Wi Ki too shows a lot of promise :)

10. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

how old is Hu Yun?

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hu yun still needs to learn a plenty from lee chong wei and dont forget lin dan too:D

12. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, how old is he......? 22 ? 23 ?

Thus far, he only managed to beat those Back ups....from Mas and Chn......not even CL.............already have great potential be as world beater........? wait until he managed to beat players like PSH, BP and SDK...then that shows his real potential....!

Or he has beaten NTM.....that make him a star....!

But yes, he could be next NW...........

13. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I think Hu Yun is 23....not sure

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I dont think he want to be labeled as TH wannabe. He is himself. HU Yun. He has a pokerface but his temperament is much better than TH. He is more willing to take pictures with fans and chat with friends.

Compare to TH those days... Hu Yun is better when comes to attitude.

Im not downgrading TH. He was "bad" those days. But nowadays TH is much better person. Not everyone is perfect.. but i like the TH now compare to last time... ahhah maybe TH will be laughing at my statement after he read this. Sorry buddy.. just giving some inputs here..

15. super daloydoy

super daloydoy Regular Member

nasa loob
    this is the guy..

[​IMG]
    pix courtesy of terry.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Okay...

..maybe he's not a TH wannabe..It's more of my personal view on him on the way he plays, moves, carries himself on court; not his off-court antics or activites. Watch him play and tell me if you don't think the same..;)

17. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

In 2007 INA Super Liga, some people joked to TH, how come his brother stay in HKG, TH just smiling.
    Not only in face & physical but also how he walk on court looked like TH.

18. tarpen

tarpen Regular Member

i think the exact same.
    i saw him in Denmark Open in the semifinals against Jan Ø. Jørgensen. :)

19. johnchang

johnchang Regular Member

none
    I saw Hu Yun play against Jan Jorgesen in the Denmark open and I was frankly disappointed in his play. He lost very tamely because he seemed to have no urgency in his movements. No fire and no interest whereas the Danish player was all over him. He may be talented but on that day he looked very ordinary. I felt he should have accounted for himself better.

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I like his aggresive style... Yes, resembles Taufik. Long lost twins? lol. ;)