Lining or Yonex racket..

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by xrokcetong, Nov 1, 2012.

1. asdsadas2008

asdsadas2008 Regular Member

Student
    Not really, depends on your usage. I've been using my N77ii for almost 2 years with countless clashes and it's still intact :), a lot of paint chips though

2. xrokcetong

xrokcetong Regular Member

Student
    ohhh....i just wonder whether yonex racket (SP) can string at 28 or 29lbs??

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    from the bay area in california in the usa, N series rackets are more expensive than the top of the line non limited edition yonex rackets. i don't use my n90 and n50 that much because they are just too heavy for me. yonex paint quality is top notch in my opinion, at least for the high high end rackets, and so are the n series rackets, but the stickers on the n series rackets are sorta out dated and somewhat tacky...maybe because in my mind, stuff from china is always outdated and tacky...i am just weird...

4. xrokcetong

Student
    so what racket do u use??

5. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Well it's hard to comment on durability as it's not a level playing field.

Firstly the old racquets (Cab 20, 21 etc) tend to be either U or 2U. The current preference tends to be 3U or even 4U racquets which have less material so are generally less durable, not to mention that old racquets are strung to far lower tensions.

6. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    Its not true for N-series rackets.

I Play with Li Ning since 3 years + now N90, N90II, N50, N50II and N77.
    And only the N50 broke in a clash, and the handle of my N90 and N90II broke (but breaking handles is normal for me, actually rackets of other brands never survived as long as the Li Ning for me. (And i got a new racket for free after i returned the rackets with broken handle)

I had some racket clashes, floor-hits and wall hits with my N90 N90II N50 II and they always survived.

7. xrokcetong

Student
    interesting..can u review N55 II to me..interesting with it..

8. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    Can anyone review N90 and N90II for me? I'm a AT700 first gen user and I just broke my racket last week and am planning on getting a closer racket to my AT700 first gen. First, many people recommend N90 as the closest racket to AT700 first gen, but I found out the stiffness of AT700 is rather stiff-flex (I'm not sure, just because I manage to bend the racket head by a little and I assume it's stiff-flex). If AT700 first gen is stiff-flex, shouldn't the N90II be closer to it? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks!

9. webfire

webfire New Member

I would go with Yonex racquets, as I have been using it from a long time. I have not used any other racquets, one of my friends had told me even Head racquets are good. At the end of the day it is not the racquet, its how well you play :)