string tensions... main and across?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by john, Jul 8, 2001.

1. john

john Guest

hello wise badminton folks!

i'm wondering, about string tensions. i've notice some people in this forum have different string tensions for main and cross. when i ask the stringer to string my racquet at 22lbs, is that 22lbs for both main and cross? what is the advantage of stringing main and cross at different tensions? and is main the vertical strings and cross the horizontal strings?

thanx for your responses.

2. Byro-Nenium

Byro-Nenium Regular Member

Undergrad
    I believe when people string their rackets at a certain tension, say 22lbs, thats the tension of the cross strings. The main strings are usually 2lbs looser than the cross. So that the Main would be 20lbs and the cross 22lbs. but i've also heard some people string their main and cross strings at the same tension

3. Kenny

Kenny Guest

How about one length of string all the way.The stringer said that the tension will be more even laid on the frame.

4. Jakebob

Jakebob New Member

I usually use 21 or 22 lbs, would anyone recommend anything different for any reason?

5. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    This thread is nearly 8 years old. Please don't bump threads more than a few months old. Also, make your own thread if you have a question. You're new here so I don't want to rant on at you.

If you're comfortable at those tensions, don't bother changing them. If they feel too loose or too tight, change them in increments of 1 to 2Lbs at a time.