Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Get an old 14" crt tv ready next time when you know he will be on tv.

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    NNnnooooooo!!! Those are classified as priceless ancient artifacts!! :( :D

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I've been watching some of the other matches on youtube and RS's expression was exactly the same. I suggest to Dato A not to watch any youtube clips or it could be curtains for his desktop/laptop.

4. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    wow RM 80k plus richer?
    and did Datuk get another Osim chair??

5. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/15/sports/8269922&sec=sports

It may be time for Chong Wei to end Lin Dan’s reign

PETALING JAYA: Lee Chong Wei has never beaten Lin Dan of China more than twice in a year.

But one can expect a change in statistics this season if Chong Wei’s strong performances in the just concluded All-England in Birmingham are anything to go by.

Chong Wei put up a solid show to take down Lin Dan of China 21-17, 21-17 to become the first Malaysian in 54 years to successfully defend the title after Eddy Choong’s achievement in 1957.

The win meant a lot to Chong Wei after having been made to look small by Lin Dan in all the previous major tournaments, especially in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, 2009 world championships and the Asian Games last year, for the Chinese to emerge as the most celebrated player of the era.

But in an invigorating 52-minute All-England final last Sunday, there were contrasting differences in the games of both Chong Wei and Lin Dan.

Chong Wei entered the court with a big smile and it spoke of his confidence. And he showed it by dictating the pace for most of the match and displayed great ease in pulling off some powerful and unexpected shots to outmanoeuvre Lin Dan.

Four-time All-England champion Lin Dan, on the other hand, was more guarded and did not show much of his brilliance in smashes. Surprisingly, Chong Wei won 16 smash winners against 11 for Lin Dan.

A back injury that saw Lin Dan conceding walkovers in several tournaments over the last three months, may have slowed him down.

Is this the transition year for Chong Wei to take over the reign from Lin Dan?

[​IMG]

A beaming national coach Tey Seu Bock said that Chong Wei’s exploits in Birmingham were a promising start, especially when he is expected to put the brakes on competitive tournaments after the London Olympics next year.

I am confident that Chong Wei will be giving Lin Dan a better run for his money after this breakthrough at the All-England. This could be the best year for Chong Wei to end Lin Dan’s domination,” said Seu Bock.

“A lot of hard work is behind Chong Wei’s success and he knows that he has to do more if he hopes to win at the world championships (in August) and at the Olympics (next August).

“I am happy to see his strong determination to fulfil a dream.”

Chong Wei, who has hung on to the top of the Super Series rankings, said that he hoped that he would continue to enjoy good fortunes on English soil.

Both the world championship and Olympic competitions will be held at the Wembley Arena in London.

It’s always nice to beat Lin Dan in any tournament.

“And it is extra special to me to beat him for a second All-England title here,” said Chong Wei during the post-match conference after his straight-game victory.

“The world championships and Olympic Games will be held in this country and hopefully, I will be able to do well again. My immediate goal is now to win at the world championships.”

Malaysia have yet to win a world championship title and hopes are high on Chong Wei to nail it. And he has to maintain his form and show the same passion to excel to achieve it.

Today, Chong Wei and his team-mates will receive a warm welcome at the KLIA and they will have breakfast at Sri Perdana with the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) patron, Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor.

6. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/3/15/sports/8266203&sec=sports

Four Olympic gold medals possible, says Shabery

KUALA LUMPUR: The Road to London programme will be deemed a failure if Malaysia fail to win their first Olympic gold medal in London next year.

But Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek is optimistic that the athletes have the ability to reap greater success.

Shabery, who launched the 500 days countdown to the London Olympics yesterday, said that the athletes targeted for the London Games have a realistic chance to contend for the gold medal not only in badminton but in track cycling and diving.

In badminton, we have high hopes on Lee Chong Wei and Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong to deliver in London,” he said.

Chong Wei has lived up to his status as the current world No. 1 by beating China’s Lin Dan to retain his All-England title.

Kien Keat-Boon Heong may have lost in the final to the world No. 1 pair (Mathias Boe-Carsten Mogensen of Denmark) last night but their chances of fighting for the gold medal cannot be discounted.

“They are still among the top pairs in the world and the battle is open

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I believe he did get new chair as well. Wether the chair ends up in the TV is another matter.

8. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, so far in MS, LCW and LD got one each............:D:D from SS Premier !

9. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

I thought LCW should get two OSIM chairs, no? Msia SS + AE?

10. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

No, only SS Premier has the offer, SS level no !! MO is not a SS Premier tourney !

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I'm pretty sure I saw him receive a OSIM cert for winning the MO

12. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Really ?.........I didnt notice that ! TQ, madbad ! I tot u see cuties only ! LOL

13. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

A photo worths thousand words... :)

[​IMG]

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Hey, those OSIM chairs are pretty hot too! :D:p

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I voted like for this post..:D LMAO

16. george@chongwei

Don't worry, he just got his reward from the prime minister this morning.;) and having breakfast with his wife.
    RM 500 000 Amanah Saham PNB(share);) and a pair of branded watch. According to the news just now.
    And i don't think he's wasting our tax payers money right?:D LOL
    View attachment 93355

#5416 george@chongwei, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Thanks Jimbo............now only I know !! :eek::eek::eek:.....:D jimbo, boleh !!

18. george@chongwei

19. george@chongwei

20. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Oops, just noticed jimbo already copy & paste the photo. Suetyan said the CHina players who won MO 2011, each got 1 OSIM chair, so should be every SS winner

#5420 eaglehelang, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011