ArcSaber 8 DX

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bad_fanatic, Jan 26, 2010.

1. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    Restrung my 8Dx with Li-Ning Accupower 62(0.62mm) @ 26/28 #s and tried it for the first time last night:eek:. Comparing it to NBG98, clearing took less effort, smashes were faster and the shots were louder. Placings and retrievals were more controlled. Thought the thinness wouldn't last the 2.5-hour playtime but it did:eek:. Will go at it again tonight:D. Putting in another order for 10 packages:) Anyone else have tried the Li-Ning Accupower 62?

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Hi guys :)

I am using a SW35, and I am going to buy another one, however I am looking for a "rainy day" racket, something that is even balanced to head heavy, (BP285-290) would the Arc8DX fit my critera ?
    Anyone care to measure BP for me (Inc string and grip)
    Thanks

3. !¿Clue?!

!¿Clue?! Regular Member

Ahh just to add (no edit button wtf..)
    This is coming from playing with plastic shuttles for 3 hours, so I still have to try this racket out with feathers.
    :/

4. frostcone

frostcone Regular Member

Is it worth it to switch from arc10 to 8dx?

5. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    :)absolutely...definitely. Tried the Arc10 two separate times.

6. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

I hope you've found the best ''rainy day'' racket for your liking already! Is it the 8DX? Have you tried it? Hmm, as I've set SW35 as my benchmark, I'd also like to know a perfect backup on some special days:). With BS 11 and BS 10 (near enough but not there yet imo), I am not sold (even with the positive reviews and having tested them myself);).

7. darkless

darkless New Member

I can help you out with measurements.

My recently acquired Yonex ArcSaber 8DX is a 3UG4 model from the DK region (Denmark) made in December 2009. It has stock leather grip and is strung with BG85 at a low tension of 9.5 kg or 21 lbs since I'm a beginner.

With stock grip and BG85 strings the Arc8DX weighs 91g and has a measured BP of 300mm (unstrung is advertised as 285mm). The circumference with stock grip is 87mm, close enough to the expected 86mm for a Yonex G4 grip that my measurement tape might be to blame for the sleight difference.

For comparison my two borrowed Yonex Blacken rackets (3LG2, 106-107g, 90mm) have a BP of 291mm. My wife's Head Metallix 2000 (3UG3, 90g, 88mm) has a BP of 296mm. All the rackets were measured with stock grips.

I hope this helps. :)

8. magdrury

magdrury Regular Member

Hi, anyone from Canada bought racquets from shuttle house before? How much duty/tax we have to pay?

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I eventually decided against getting a even balanced racket, as much as I would like to try a 8dx, I can just about get 2 SW35s for the price. :)

10. maxwell19bd

maxwell19bd New Member

Does anyone which shop selling the authentic Arc 8DX in Singapore ?

11. maxwell19bd

maxwell19bd New Member

Does anyone know which shop selling the authentic Arc 8DX in Singapore ?

12. ishak.ahmad

ishak.ahmad Regular Member

-
    AFAIK, every shop in the quensway selling authentic yonex.

13. maxwell19bd

maxwell19bd New Member

I just called a shop in queensway, they sale Arc 8DX (with free BG66 string and SuperGrab grip) on SGD 245
    Is the price interesting or too much ?

14. CalvinSeak

CalvinSeak Regular Member

Hey guys! Does anyone know if there is a 2ug5 Arc 8dx SP coded?

Arc 8dx is an amazing racket!

Mine is a Jp coded 2ug5, strung with bg 66 maxima @ 29x31

Previously I used At900p -> AT700 -> Arc 10 -> Arc Zslash-> Lining N90-> but now im in love with the arc 8dx havent tried returning smashes yet because i played singles the whole day! Would love to try this racket out for doubles

15. direstraits

direstraits Regular Member

Professional Whiner
    Long time lurker, first time poster. I was spending many days recently scouring the forums here for a good racquet suggestion, and finally decided to plop down the cash for this baby.

I must say it doesn't play as well as from the get-go than I thought it would. I would say I'm an intermediate player, so perhaps this was one level too high for me. It's strung with BG66 @ 26lbs.

The racquet is not much heavier than the Gosen Roots (can't remember which model exactly - it got whacked which is why I got the 8DX in the first place) and the Pro-Ace racquets that I was using for many years, but it certainly feels that way during play. Smashing and netplay was pretty exquisite, but defense for doubles play requires a lot more strength from my wrists than I'm used to. Half-court shots galore! I suppose I had underestimated how a more balanced racquet would completely alter my response times since I was more used to head-light racquets.

Will need to completely change my play style as I grow into this one. Or perhaps it's a matter of the strings used? I'll probably try a 24lbs using a thicker string next time.

16. pipzsminton

pipzsminton Regular Member

Floor Manager
    hye people...

just to share experience... last 2 month bought ARC8DX... after playing with it i am so in love with it! the racket works everywhere in the court.... but few weeks ago, i had a minor clash.. i saw the paint chip off a bit so i think it's nothing but still worry in mind... after a few games later on same day, when i did a smash, i noticed the shuttle hit something and have a sound! first, i thought it was the string... and when i bring the racket in front my face.... the racket broke at 9oclock on the frame.. i was so down, emotional and start hitting shuttles like u never wanna hit it! its tense u know.... can u imagine that if u want something badly, u'll save up money to get... and after few weeks having it it breaks! i hate that feeling... but right now i brought the racket to the shop i bought and the shop owner ask me to fill up this "claim" form. and he also told me not to write on the claim form that the racket is clashed.... so maybe i have a potential to get it back if yonex management fully investigate the case... i am still down to earth and take it as lesson to learn. the shop owner is also an authorized dealer for yonex and im a regular to him so he might help. if i cant get my lovely toy ARC8DX again, that is so sad and i'l might consider buy slightly cheaper racket that similiar specs to ARC8DX...

when u have the racket in court, i think you're in a full control... that is what's the best of this racket... to people who are buying and seeking for this racket... please, u're in a right path... u just need to take a lil time to tame with him....

17. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    wat the strung tension when it clashed?

18. pipzsminton

pipzsminton Regular Member

Floor Manager
    First bought it was nbg98 strung at 27lbs just at the highest recommended tension. After a month using, i found that the string went a bit loose, clearing arent excellent as same as i get the racket. So i switch to bg80 strung at 25lbs and the racket was a superb. After few games 4-5 days alternately, clash and broke

19. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    I'm onto my third 8DX..restrung again, with Li-Ning AP62 @ 26.5/28.5 #s. The first time, it lasted only 2 hours due to a miss-hit. Still have my second 8DX as a back-up at the moment. That one has the AP62 strung @ 26/28, and has lasted about 18 hours of semi-hard play! Amazing how such a thin string(0.62mm) has lasted this long. The only drawback is the loss of tension...can feel it in the smashes after about 10-15 hours of play, especially with the third DX freshly strung, one can really feel the tension drop(between the 2 rackets). Had NBG98 before the AP62, and always had to restring every 10+- hours due to loss of tension. IMHO this racket and string combo is my favourite(tried most of the high-end Yonex)...strongly recommended...a real treat playing a great racket strung with such thin string. :)

20. Lukasy

Lukasy Regular Member

Hi,

I'm a bit new here.

Is it normal that I have pain in my arm of playing with the YY ArcSaber 8DX?