Cai Yun / Fu Hai Feng - Who is more sympatic?

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Cheetah, Sep 4, 2010.

1. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

lol, the only thing can tell, FACE PROBLEM. Haha... just joking :D

2. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    nah she is cute ;)

3. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Cute is in the eye of the beholder :D

4. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    Shut up :p ;) ^^

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..imo, i know you were eager and enthusiastic in meeting and expecting something (shirts) from both FHF and CY, but you should've gone the 2nd route initially, the ones i've highlighted in bold. I can imagine myself being in FHF's shoes and someone (who i've never met before) came up to me and started asking for my shirts or shoes or rackets..IOW, focus on their well being first and then later, hopefully, once they feel comfortable with you, then you can probe them in donating their shirts, shoes, rackets to you....
    Good thing CY was able to interact with you easily and able to give you his shirt. If not, boy, i wonder if you would deem him as an arrogant person too..:p

6. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    met both also at AE this year, and CY is definately the more outgoing one, thats not saying that FHF is arrogant. from the looks of the questions, the ones to CY seem more like questions they would prefer to answer rather than tension of racket etc...
    CJ is a nice person from initial first impression as is ZB o_O suprisingly

7. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    I think Fu is capable understanding and speaking both Cantonese and Mandarin ? and when you speak to him , which language did you speak to him with ,
    should not judge someone by a 2 hours meeting , asking for shirts is not a good question and should save those to the end of conversation . and some professional does not like talking about string tensions and equipments , they prob find it is an irrelevant question. You need to break the ice with him as he might be more conserve

#27 staiger, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  8. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    thank you ant to sum it up, I think you will know them better than any of us on here !

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Fu only has 1 shirt, so, if he gives it to one fan, then I am sure he pissed off hundreds at one time...

Yes, they suppose to be nice, suppose to be down to the earth, suppose to pose for pictures, suppose to anser our questions with all 155 lanuages, etc. However, they are human, not robots. They have their good days, and bad days. They have their rights to talk, or zip the mouth. Just like every single one of us.

I just watched a documentary about Talyor Swift. She had an event to sign autograph for 13 hrs, and actually she extended to 14.5 hrs to make sure everyone in line happy. However, she only made the one who made the line happy. There's probably hunderds of thousands, for whatever reason, did not even get to wait on line. Do you think they are happy? I am sure not. However, should they use that to blame TS? I do not think so, either...

10. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Yup, I don't think they should put on a fake smile all the time after receiving the same questions again and again, and again, and again...etc.

They will become something like robots! And a person not in a good mood doesn't mean that he is arrogant... maybe just not so open...haha...

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

You mean 'reserved'?:D If I not mistaken, Fu can speak Mandarin & Cantonese.
    Cheetah's fortunate Fu & Cai talked to him & his friends for 2 hours- dont think I can get 2 min with any top player.

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I think Fu is uncomfortable being around fans. I remember him rushing back to the hotel after a HK Open when many people wanted to take photos with him. Of course, he is very popular in HK.

13. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    conserve , reserve :D = same thing

I will be sick if people keep asking me the same questions , especially those one who want ''freebies'' and bloody string tension ( why you asking that when you can do a search on internet , do some research before meeting me)

14. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Imagine the day when FHF told the fan, "You know, you can use the search function in BC!!". :) :p

15. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Yup, I think that sometimes, we should be more considerate to the players, I mean they are not angels all the time... :) They are actually just like us, only that they are professional badminton players. Of course, this does not only regard CY/FHF, also other players too...

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Different.... Conserve means save energy...the way FHF smash definitely not conserve energy:p

But yeah, I normally dont request for shirt, racket,etc when I meet players, just photo taking if not too many people. Just congrats them on winning XYZ title, all the best in the next tournament - even that I've gotten blank stares in respond, must have shocked them, hahahaha.

17. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Lets hope that person who ask the question wont ask something like ''How do you use the search function on BC ? '' afterward :D . ,
    people need to give them a break , they are not born to sign autograph and give out freebies .

18. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    I went also to Neunhagen this day (actually it was outside Berlin - but forget about these minor details LOL) - the reason might have been there were lotta much cutier German girls around :eek: LOL :D:D
    I didn't see any arrogance or weird things - they both did very well, it was a nice event :cool:
    Getting asked for shirts all the time hmmm:confused: how many should they carry all the time:confused: and if they do so it would be the cheap version:eek: buddies, there was the Li Ning shop, why not buy one of these shirts and let them sign it - I am pretty sure they would have done that, and as far as I remember, they did it - that was part of Li Ning promotion session:cool:

19. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    did not see the 'Cai Yun thread', so I put it here: just found in Badzine that headline 'Cai Yun officialy married since last April' - buddies, what does that mean?:confused: does China has a status called 'unofficially married':eek:- what is that for, what can you do if you're unofficially married:confused: - what does 'last April' mean , is he married since April 2009 and just realized that now:eek: (otherwise they could say since April - would be enough:cool:)

20. fengyunfan

fengyunfan Regular Member

Let me clarify the thing to you. In China, normally when we get married, we should do two things, one is register which is the meaning of 'officialy', another is the wedding ceremony which of cause is 'unofficially'. As per our custom, only when a couple finish these two things, people especially old generation think they have been married. We can do the two things together, but sometimes can be done separately due to personal reasons. Talking about Cai Yun's case, I guess he was just too busy training and did not have enough time to prepare their wedding ceremony.