RKEP Grip

Discussion in 'Grip' started by perfectgravity, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    I've switched back to using Yonex Super Grap for the time being. I think I still prefer it. The Elites are infinitely more durable, but they're still a tad too gummy for me. They have a leathery smoothness and tackiness about them, which is nice, but I think I prefer the tacky graininess of the Super Grap. There's just more texture to it. But I'm still experimenting.

Durability on the Super Grap is pants though. Stuff starts tearing and rubbing off in just a few hours or sessions. I must have dumped 15 hours in to the Elite's without any damage or wear, just a loss of tackiness.

2. Squash Eric

Squash Eric Regular Member

trading company
    You could consider to try RKEP G11 which got more similar feels to that of SUPER GRAB

RKEP is going to have a new model over grip:
    0.75mm PowerCushion --- similar to that of G11 0.6mm with breathing hole
    Who think G06 is too stiff that you could consider G08 which got a little soft feel with more cushion feels.
    It will comes up in 60 days.

3. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    I'd like to try the G11, PowerCushion and G08 if possible. I noticed on your eBay store none of the above are currently listed. From what I can see, only the G01, G05, G06 and ELITE are listed.

Is G11 the only overgrip with a more grainy textured feel?

4. Squash Eric

trading company
  5. visor

visor Regular Member

The white elites are the least tacky, I find. And we know now they're also the lightest...
    After a few sessions, they'll feel like new supergrap and the bonus is that this feel will last for a few months.

6. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    I find they never feel like Super Grap. They are never as grainy or textured. People who prefer a leathery tacky feel will prefer ELITES. Grainy and rougher Super Grap or as I'm told by Eric, G11. I'm hoping I can get some G11 grips off Eric to run some comparisons to see how they compare to Super Grap. Truth be told, I'd prefer to buy RKEP grips.

7. what07

what07 Regular Member

I dunno about everyone else but when I use the white elites I usually change them every 2 weeks. Because I can't stand the way they look after a few sessions. All dirty, even tho they are still useable., it just doesn't look up to par.

8. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    I actually like White grips because of this. I'm a hygiene freak and I like to be able to know when my grip is dirty. I hate it when you can't see how dirty black grips are. Think of the bacteria! Even though Black is in my opinion the coolest looking colour lol.

9. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    Just tried the power master for about 5 hours. My initial feeling is that it's a much softer grip than the ultimate and I seem to get better gripping because of the numerous indents along the grip's surface as opposed to having a smooth surface. I gripped it pretty thinly with about 4-5 mm of overlay.

I put out quite a bit of sweat today on my palms, but I must say the power master handled it beautifully. I barely feel any slipperiness on the grip when my sweat starts to get on it. Even if it did get slippery during my heavy sweating, I'd overall say the power master did twice as well handling it compared to the ultimate. Also I noticed that it has more of a ribbed feeling, almost like the super wave grap from yonex, though the ribs aren't as protruding. That's probably because of my small amount of overlay though; I suspect you won't get less or no ribbed feeling if you grip it much thicker and with more overlay.

Of course this is just the initial feel, but so far I'm going to say that for big sweaters, power master is much better in both the gripping and the sweat handling capabilities than the ultimate is.

Now we just have to compare the durability and how long the power master is able to keep up it's tackiness and gripping capabilities. I won't be playing as much badminton now that I'm on summer vacation, so I'll get a better idea once I start playing again.

Hopefully this helps give a better idea for the BC'ers with super sweaty hands and looking for a good one.

If the grip can maintain this feeling for at least a month and a half, I'm going to have a winner for my permanent grip.

10. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Hey guys,

I'm looking for a replacement for the Karakal PU Super. The last batch I had were a bit rubbish.

Which RKEP grip would be the best replacement grip?

11. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    Do you sweat a lot on your palms enough that your grips usually are pretty slippery or no?

I'm just curious when you say they were rubbish do you mean that the grips were defective? Because my most recent purchase had two bad grips which ripped if you tried to stretch them while gripping.

Anywas, I used to use the karakal PU super as well but I transitioned over to the Power Master. I also tried the ultimate grip, which is by far the most similar to the feel of the Karakal PU super. The Power master has a much softer feel than the ultimate grip and in my opinion is MUCH better with dealing with sweat, but it isn't as tacky.

12. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Nah, I'm not a sweaty palm guy. Sounds like I'll just try both and see which one I like best.

Yeah, my PU's essentially disintegrated as soon as you put any stretch into them. Half of the 10 I had went straight into the bin :(

13. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    Wow, yeah I had two my eight go into the trash. I thought mine was a pretty isolated incident but it seems something is going wrong with the Karakal manufacturing process of their grips or something because I could just take the grip and with a little amount of force with my two hands, make rips into the grip that is usually supposed to stretch. It's really too bad because I really liked their grips.

Getting back to the topic, trying both the Ultimate and Power Master would be an excellent idea. If you want another Karakal PU supergrip-like product, the ultimate is the way to go. The power master is my kind of grip after trying it for two days, but we'll see how it holds up. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for between the two grips.

14. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    We'll have to petition Eric to make some of the Power Master in Fluro Yellow to match the same colour strings.

15. Squash Eric

trading company
    Current #5 is yellow
    and there is a #8 PURPLE coming in this week

16. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Hey Eric,

Yeah but it looks Sunflower Yellow instead of Fluro / Neon Yellow.

Neon would be cool :D

17. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    If got fluro yellow would be nice...and ferrari red if possible ;)
    i found that G06 very comfort but thinner compare to victor grip (with original take off.) and G09 is par to yonex super overgrip...i have to put G09 on top of G06 to suit my grip...

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i love the RKEP G09 grips. so much that i just bought another 3 dozen.

but i absolutely HATE the finishing tape that the grip come up. they are stiff, gluey, and they coils back a few after being stretched and applied. one of the worse tape i have seen.

the solution to that is this:

http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25_29_51&products_id=244

a $3 roll from MBS is 20m and should be enough for 100+ rackets.

i will receive a roll in a couple of week and will report back if they are any good.

19. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

They are the best of the best , they are stretchy , no residue , n they dun coil back , I do not use anything else except them. U will love them. :D

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    nice. i do know that MBS only sources the best stuff. i am looking forward to getting rid of that gluey residue on my RKEP grip once and for all.