Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I want to work in BAM

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe
    of course they deserve to go holland.
    ops,i mean england.
    with more officer,our badminton will achieve better.
    i urge bam to send everyone include the toilet cleaner,canteen server to be there!
    the ratio of officer : player should be 100 : 1

come on nokh88,let see if bam have any vacancy and we join the party

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    With LCW's last Olympic outing, these officials are taking the opportunity.

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Hehe...there were 3 council members who turn down the trip. Can we try? The last ticket is between the toilet cleaner and canteen server.

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i can be canteen server for 3 month,so i can go.
    then u can go with toilet cleaner
    every people is happy!hehe
    anyone want us help to buy things?

6. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Direction? what direction?

This direction...

kitten in danger.jpg

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

8. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
  9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Courtesy of The Star :

Please bring more clothes to London, Ah Jit tells shuttlers

KUALA LUMPUR: It may be summer time in England but the shuttlers have been asked to bring extra clothes to keep them warm when they leave for Bath today.

The six-member national badminton team, led by Lee Chong Wei, will leave for England tonight with a team of sparring players for an 11-day centralised training at the Bath University. This is part of their preparation for the London Olympic Games.

Besides Beijing Olympic Games silver medallist Chong Wei, the other Olympians are Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong, Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying and Tee Jing Yi.

Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) high performance director Wong Ah Jit said yesterday that everything is in place in Bath to welcome the players.

“Bath University is very professional in its approach as usual and everything is in order. However, the weather is colder than usual,” said Ah Jit in a telephone interview.

Ah Jit and a group of sports science experts from the National Sports Institute (NSI) and two chefs have been based in Bath since Sun*day.

“The temperature is around 15°C ... at times it even dips lower. It is cloudy most of the day and wet too. More rain is expected. The team have been informed of this,” he said.

“A few other countries are also here. China’s entire swimming team have been based here for the past one week. It is good that our shuttlers will have 11 days of quality training before moving to London (on July 23).

“It will be the final phase of training and will include many video sessions. Other arrangements will be made by team manager Ng Chin Chai.”

10. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Note : They are all going to London to watch videos. I want to join BAM too !!

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe
    they going Bath to bath

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    This is the Man with Passion for Badminton

Courtesy of The Star :

Nadzmi won’t rule out standing for BWF presidency

KUALA LUMPUR: Changes are imminent in the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) whatever the outcome at the London Olympics from July 28-Aug 5.

But one that will be least expected is BAM president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh going for the top post in the Badminton World Federation (BWF). It is learnt that two continental representatives have approached Nadzmi to take up the challenge.

Nadzmi, who has helmed BAM since 2003, admitted that he had been approached to contest for the post.

“I didn’t want to stay on as BAM president at the last elections but the affiliates wanted me to continue so I stayed on. It’s likely that I won’t defend the position at the next election (next year),” said Nadzmi, who has two deputies – Tengku Kamil Tengku Ismail and Datuk Al-Amin Majid.

“I have been asked to stand for the BWF presidency. I haven’t decided as yet but it will be a different set-up and a new challenge.

“I had thought of taking a break but I’m one of those who can’t turn down a challenge.

“I will need to think about it,” added the 59-year-old Nadzmi, who runs several businesses – Nadicorp Holdings, Express Rail Link and Konsortium Transnasional Berhad.

The BWF election will only take place next year but heavy lobbying will go on, starting with the London Olympics, to win the hearts of members who will decide on the successor to current president Kang Young-joong of South Korea.

Nadzmi, who will be in London to support his players, is hoping for the best.

“It’s our wish that our players will end the country’s long wait for a first gold medal. Of course, Lee Chong Wei is our main hope but we don’t want to disregard the chances of the others as well.”

Now, this is what I call Man with Passion.

13. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    Man of Passion? Maybe got passion for power and money only

14. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    If Nadzmi decides to challenge for the BWF presidency and should he win, then it can only be a win for one party and a gain for the other.
    Isn't it telling us something that all the BAM affiliates wanted Nadzi to stay in the last election (to which he complied) and now he gets an invitation to contest for the BWF presidency?
    This is in sharp contrast to the the emotional outburst of corruption and mismanagement we read here about Nadzi.
    But then this thread, a tiny dot with no official credibility, has been hijacked by frustrated posters who seem to want to tarnish BAM officials, without one shred of evidence.
    Now, don't tell me the next thing you are going to do is to go viral using all the media sources you can use?

15. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Corrected version first para above : "If Nadzi decides..........win, then it can only be loss for one party (Malaysia) and a gain for the other (The World)." Now imagine how much he can bring to the world badminton scene, if the size of the income streams he generates in BAM is used as a standard, he can bring to global badminton.

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Why wouldn t BAM affiliates want Nadzmi to stay when they are guaranteed a fully paid Olympics trip every four years as a reward. Except there s not much to shop in London because the weak RM is too weak for the weak £.

17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Isn t there such an invisible scheme called money laundering.

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

These are typical of unsubstantiated slandering of BAM officials. It is sad to read such lies and mudslinging and betrays a dark culture that I strongly believe should not be allowed to get away with it. Free expression is one thing but unsubstantiated accusations should not be allowed, to ensure that this thread and even this site have some semblance of a balanced talk shop that has dignity and credibility.

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

How have you substantiated your points, (which are really just your opinions)if any? Those are my opinions. Do I force anyone to believe them? Do I have to? Given my training, I am pointing out behaviour that are most likely reinforced by reward, with a four year delay in gratification. Do you bite the hand that feeds you without fail every four years?

20. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Of course, for the simple reason that your "opinion" is pure slander without having the guts to publicly express yourself in a media that holds you to accountability. The news media like the Star and the new Straits Times are good examples of expressing an unfavorable opinion with accountability. You are no where near this professional standard. If you were to write what you have written with these type of slander/ accusations (please don't hide them behind as "opinions", which they are not) in the Press you would end in bankruptcy.
    Again, please do not hide behind a pretext of expressing "opinion" for naked and baseless slander. At least have some guts to go public and be a man. So far I see wrongful use and abuse, of the word "opinion".