*New! Adidas Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derrickn, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chunkee

chunkee Regular Member

Golf Pro
    Don't be too happy yet~~~
    Adidas probably got a whole series of racket to come out later :p
    or at least for the year~~~
    These big companies are there to suck your money!!!
    Adidas Golf section comes out new stuff non-stop over the year, I think they will do that in badminton section too~~~
    There will be Adizero Pro Twos... Duoforce Twos in the line~~~
    Start saving!!!

2. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    now waiting for MBS to have the switch

3. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

After trying out a bunch of rackets over the last couple of months, I know what I want in a racket. I know for sure I won't like the Adipower Tour or Adipower Pro.

4. Sgt_Strider

I played with the Duoforce intensively for a little more than 2 hours and I'm exhausted. Yes, I have said this is a 3U racket that doesn't feel like any of the 3U rackets that I have used before. Nonetheless, it's still heavier and requires more effort to use than the ArcFB.

Overall, I have a fairly positive impression of this racket. I don't really have anything new to add. For a detailed review of the Duoforce, you should read Kwun's review. I would agree with most things that he have said. However, this isn't the racket to get if you're a defensively oriented player. Yes, it's more maneuverable than any other offensively oriented racket I have used, but it's still not as good as the ArcSaber FB. You're still going to sacrifice a bit of your defense for an offensively oriented racket.

I have been quite fortunate that over the past couple of months, I have either briefly used or used on a one week basis of the 3U/4U Voltric 80, ArcSaber i-Slash, NanoRay 800, ArcSaber 11, and ArcSaber FB. I know what I ultimately want in a racket. I didn't had the same options available to me when I bought my AT800 DE. Now I know that I really don't prefer rackets like the AT800 DE. I really like the feel of the Duoforce. It felt good and this racket can deliver a very powerful smash.

I'm still committed to using this racket for an entire week to see where things will go. Even after the week is up, I will keep the Duoforce for long term use. At this point in time, I still feel the ArcSaber FB is my kind of racket. I honestly feel it makes me a much more rounded player. The racket felt just right and it didn't let me down. Will I still feel the same 6 months from now? I don't know. Maybe at that point, my opinion will change.

I've gotten a few number of PMs asking for my opinions on both the ArcSaber FB and the Duoforce. Well, here they are and I'm going to avoid telling people which racket to get. Everyone is different. There's no such thing as a perfect racket and they all have flaws. My best advice would be for anyone interested in buying a new racket to demo them or use them briefly to get a feel of what kind of racket will ultimately suit them.

5. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

I shared the same feeling after playing with Duoforce for almost a week.
    Still i prefer my ArcFB more and decided to let go Duoforce to make way for a 5U ArcFB version :)

6. Sgt_Strider

lol, you've sold your Duoforce?

I don't think I'm going to make a decision like that until I have test it on a long term basis. I really do hope that Adidas will make a FB-like model in the near future.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

isn't the adizero pro considered similar to fb, high 5u'ish

8. Sgt_Strider

The characteristics of the two rackets are different. You could buy it and test it for us. :)

9. cschun86

cschun86 Regular Member

FB and Adizero Por, both are different in the shaft stiffness. I think the BP should be more or less the same between two.

10. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

havent really sold it off yet hahaha but roughly know it doesnt suit my play
    i've spent many hours adjusting to it's swing speed, timing and etc but it just does work
    when im back to my MX80 or ArcFB, it juz clicked
    that's when it is decided :)

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It's definitely much heavier :D Had a go with it and it even felt a tad heavy to me (coming from the Bs09). Maybe I got a heavy one, but even so it'd be much heavier than the FB in a lower weight...

12. Sgt_Strider

It'll still be heavier than a 5U ArcFB.

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Then it's perfect
    for those who are waiting for the 4U FB... ;) :p:)

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Another fail :rolleyes:. France was supposed to have the stuff on sale May 15th yet the only thing I come across is a test event June 14th?!?
    Reading now availability has been delayed till end of May, early June ...

Time for squash then :D

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That's what I said. A low weight AZ Pro will still be much heavier than an Arc FB.

No, it's perfect for those who want a decent, pretty stiff low-weight racket. The balance is rather head heavy, so it still plays like a balanced racket rather than like a headlight one. Personally I'm skeptical about the 80/81g target weight. A bit more seems more realistic, actually (82-83g average).

16. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ Hmmm... that's interesting, because my XP60 has very similar characteristics... pretty stiff, 82.3g, bp300mm... and I looove it. :D

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well I only got to play one with sucky strings but to me it was a bit dull and not really powerful. Might be a whole other story with decent strings, but I still guess I'll prefer softer rackets. AP Tour and Precision Tour are definitely on my list to consider if I'm gonna play adidas rackets next season. I'll have to have another go at the AP and Precision Pro, preferably with decent strings, to make a final decision though. Having such a blast with my 'nooby' balanced, mid-stiff racket lately I don't think I'll really come to like a stiff racket though :D

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Precision Pro and Adipower Tour.

they have somewhat similar specs but plays differently.

Precision Pro has a more damped feel (more "Yonex" if you may). but still lively on hit, but don't have the same crispness of other Adidas racket.

Adipower Tour is more characteristics of Adidas: less damped, crisp, good feedback, more soild. feels stiffer than Precision Pro. more powerful.

out of the two, it is hard to choose. it'd boil down to preference on the feel. for me i like the adipower tour better.

i tested them using the same string and tension (ZM65@23/25.3)

out of all the Adidas rackets i got, here are my order of preference:

adipower duoforce
    adipower tour
    adipower pro
    adizero pro
    precision pro
    precision 88
    switch pro
    adipower force

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I thought it might have been just the strings, but maybe I had it right all along....my fav was the AP Tour. As I play with the Bs09/12 right now, I'm pretty used to the direct, lively feedback of Victor rackets (the Bs not being very head heavy even increases that imop). I'll have to give the Precision Tour a very thorough testing though, the Bravesword shape is promising, and it wasn't as clumsy as some others.
    Still, I'll have to stay strong and wait until August to make my decision :D

20. Sgt_Strider

No, it won't be perfect because those are two very distinct rackets. From what I gather, the Adizero Pro is probably more similar to the Voltric 80 than it is to the FB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.