Zulfadli Zulkifli

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Dec 18, 2010.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

LOL....and all those posts about the "rivalry" between KLRC and BAM when in fact there shouldn't be one as Hau-Ge as confirmed.

The facts are (just in case some were confused by recent posts):
    1. BAM invited Zul to join the National Team
    2. Zul's father was willing to release Zul on the condition that Zul can train together with LCW IF ZUL DOES JOIN THE NATIONAL TEAM (a fair condition I should say considering LCW is the strongest player in BAM and all those young players in BAM should by right train with him).
    3. LCW said he couldn't train with Zul every time, even if Zul already joins the national team.
    4. After some consideration, Zul decided not to join BAM.

Do correct me if I am wrong here.

It's a simple story of an invitation which was declined. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong. Zul has the right to reject the invitation if he thinks the conditions at KLRC is better than that of BAM. It was his personal choice and of course, he does have to bear the consequences of staying at KLRC. I am pretty sure he and his dad must have already weighed all the pros and cons.

Unfortunately, it was made complicated by the claims of "KLRC came to challenge BAM over the possession of Zul" etc. Zul is already part of KLRC...why should KLRC fight over him with BAM anyway. Moreover, Dr. Andrew Kam had already said that he also gave Zul his full support if he decided to join BAM. It was Zul (and his dad)'s decision not to be part of the national team and remains in KLRC.

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Badmania, Zul has been offered to join BAM many times, each time the answer was no. I was going to ask Hauge if the offer he's talking about is the latest one, got so many mah, lol. Anyway, the rejection was not surprising, somehow the skeptic in me thinks Zul's dad purposely put all sorts of conditions so that he & Zul can reject if it's not met.
    Zul's official answer was : He is indebted to KLRC for building his career and cannot just jump ship when he got some sucess like an ungrateful fellow.Scroll back a couple of pages for the post WJC interview

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I know about the multiple offers and sure, it's within his discretion for him and his dad to reject BAM's invitation.

I have re-read Dr. Andrew Kam's comments after Zul won the AJC and I will reproduce them here:

KLRC owner Datuk Seri Andrew Kam said that Zulfadli’s breakthrough was a testament of the professional club’s labour of love for the sport.

“KLRC spotted Zulfadli when he was 13 and we took him under our wings. Now, he has proven to us that he has the potential to become an Olympic champion,” said Andrew yesterday.
    ”He had a choice to choose – BAM or KLRC– and he picked us,” he added.
    Andrew said that KLRC’s role was more than mere sponsors.

“We are involved in developing and unearthing new talents. Initially, KLRC started with former players and retired players. But now, we scout for talents and we are very happy with Zulfadli’s success,” said Andrew.

In a bid to strengthen the club, KLRC have engaged a new coach – Indonesian Hadi Idris – who previously coached India’s Saina Nehwal.

”We have Zulfadli’s father and Hadi as coaches now. Zulfadli also enjoys the benefit of sparring with a few of our senior players and it has added more variety to his game,” said Andrew.

The seniors playing under the KLRC banner are Mohd Hafiz Hashim and former internationals Sairul Amar Ayob and Lee Tsuen Seng. Sometimes, Zulfadli also plays with KLRC-sponsored international players.

Andrew said that new mindset was needed to encourage clubs to contribute to the development of the sport.

”We are here to complement BAM. With the involvement of more clubs, we can have a bigger pool of talents,” he said.

Asked about his involvement in the sport, Andrew, who owns several gold mines, said: “I love the sport. And I believe that players need to be given a second chance to pursue their careers – in sports or even outside of the game.”

Some of KLRC’s former players like Ang Li Peng and K. Sugina were even given scholarships to further their tertiary education. Li Peng is now a lawyer while Sugina is a doctor.

Honestly, these are really good works done by Dr. Andrew Kam for his love of badminton! His vision for badminton in MAS is similar to what the clubs in INA have! Indeed...with the involvement of more clubs in unearthing talents, there will be a bigger talent pool to work with.

Also, by giving ex National players a chance (either by becoming sparring partners or coach or a scholarship to pursue other careers), these clubs are contributing to the welfare of these society also. At least, these guys are employed!

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    uncle loh,i wonder how is zul playing style and which area he should improve since many think he cant made it?
    thanks a lot

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Eh, ask them to fix their own backyard mess first before disturbing other countries lah.

When other people talk bad about their country, all kinds of nonsense appearing and denying that they are discriminatory. Trying to make people hear all the good things only. What a shame. Self praise here and there and that everything is honky dory BS. ;)

Really nothing to do to meddle with this. ;) It's like can't fix own family issues and trying to comment on other's country.

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It's up to Zul to decide

True, that the issue is not about right or wrong.

The fact is; It's up to Zul to decide.

Most posters in this thread are supportive of Zul's decision.

It was when the 2 recent posters (probably not reading this thread from the start) coming in to make comments not knowing that we supported Zul's decision that they think we are telling Zul what to do, that is not to join BAM.

I usually find posters missing the point/issue when they first enter a thread and start commenting without reading from Post #1. It's not just in this thread, but in all BC threads.

There was even a comment asking why I am posting often in this thread. They don't even know that I started this thread to support Zul's decision.

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Don't waste your time with me.

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Don't try to instigate with your nonsense if you have nothing better to say.

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

It's up to Zul to decide

I see Dr. Andrew Kam has a love for badminton. He has put in a lot of his money into his KLRC. At one stage, he was hoping for some outside sponsors to donate/contribute to his club as well.

One thing I can see - Zul will stay with KLRC because his father likes to stay with KLRC.

If BAM is to employ Zul's father as a coach, then perhaps Zul will move into BAM.

So, we shall ask 2 interesting questions here:

* Will BAM employ Zul's father to coach in BAM? and
    * Will Zul's father accept a coaching position in BAM?

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    huh? i thought u have some brilliant idea on this?

11. eaglehelang

LOL, I forgot you were the one who started the thread, no wonder lah, as the OP, must keep the thread alive eh?

Errr, dont think so lor. Rumor in the wind is Zul's dad is a rather demanding. Andrew Kam is also not total saint,as I said, I believe he plays the politics, that was my impression ever since he tried to vie for BAM President post. But because KLRC is his hobby, part-time thingy, he can act like it doesnt bother him at all.

12. eaglehelang

Limsy, in terms of skills, was Iskandar better than Zul, at 18? If I recall correctly Iskandar at 18 was better than Zul, Zul has the brains, like WCH. Iskandar has the skills, now dunno what happen to him, not so interesting to watch Iskandar anymore.

13. extremenanopowe

The last time, Rashid has Misbun to mentor him. Zul really need a good mentor. ;) It will be a waste like Iskandar and also the other elites. ;)

For those who only speaks good about their own country and talk bad about other, pls go away..don't brain wash other.. lmao...;)

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    some people just ran away when it come to detail
    yawn
    this show how much they actually know

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes
    iskandar is better than zul at 18
    but after he join bam,u know what happen next
    haha

16. extremenanopowe

Told you that some people discriminates. You can notice it with the words or approach they use.

Some call it 'misunderstanding and move on'. lol. ;)

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Zulfadli Zulkiffli to attend the German Open GP Gold and the Switzerland Open in 2012

Source: http://ww2.utusan.com.my/utusan/spe...0202&pub=theMessenger&sec=Sports&pg=sp_01.htm

02/02/2012
    Zulfadli's father targets his son to be among 100 players by year end

KUALA LUMPUR Feb 1 - Zulkiffli Sidek, the father-cum coach of World Junior Champion Zulfadli Zulkiffli, hopes to send his son to more international competitions to improve his ranking in the World Badminton Federation (BWF).

Zulkiffli hopes by competing in a number of elite tournaments, Zulfadli would be able to improve his ranking from the current 124th spot to finish among the top 100 by year end.

For a start, Zulfadli”s father who is a full time coach at the Kuala Lumpur Racquet Club (KLRC) would send his son to the German Open Grand Prix Gold tournament from Feb 28 to March 4 and the Switzerland Open from March 13-18.

"I am not setting any lofty targets for Zulfadli in both the tournaments but my target is for him to improve on his ranking but putting up good performances,” he told Bernama.

Zulkiffli, 48, said improving his son”s ranking to the top 100 ranked players was important since only the top 100 players would have any chance of playing in the prestigious All England Super Series.

"Normally only the top 100 ranked players are eligible to compete in the All England and it is my target for Zulfadli to make his debut in the All England next year,” he said.

He added that Zulfadli”s performance would be taken into account before deciding to send him for other major tournaments.

"I will only make a decision (to send Zulfadli for other tournaments) based on his performances in the two tournaments. It will be pointless to send him for many tournaments if his performance does not improve,” he said.

18. extremenanopowe

also good to be able to analyse the next opponent when the draw is out. ;)

helps to narrow it. ;)

19. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

since MAS thomas cup team has qualified for Finals, BAM or national team might consider ZZ to be in the team, will they...?!

because yoyo Hafiz is certainly cannot deliver for his team anymore, maybe it is time for him to go...

20. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    IMHO, some of BAM officials might think that it is worth to bring ZUL in to the TC Team, however, could they have the permission from the decision maker ? That was another challenging issue, i suppose.
    BAM needs to place Badminton as a nation's sport solely rather than political nation's sport.