July 2013 listing: Lin Dan badminton Racket 3D BREAK-FREE N90-III ------ Share

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by e1981, Jun 1, 2013.

1. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    Well if LD decides to use it, and gets through Indonesian superseries qualifying...... This could be the racket that retires Taufik Hidayat.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    yea, cos even for some chinese like me who can't read simplified chinese :(

3. e1981

e1981 Regular Member

e1981.com
  4. Boonbeng

Boonbeng Regular Member

Life's good
    They already have LD's tattoo on the racket what, LD confirm must give face or he'll be seen as screwing lining up, but I still think that this racket concept is a bad idea but that's just my opinion, we'll find out soon enough when complaints or praises arise

5. Boonbeng

Boonbeng Regular Member

Life's good
    Pardon me, I don't get what your talking about... Taufik hidayat already retired hasn't he?

6. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

But in the game of him against Wang ZhengMing. He still uses his good old fashioned [first gen]N90 with white lead tape on top of the racket. So what now? He just won't change his racket!

7. Boonbeng

Boonbeng Regular Member

Life's good
    Yea, it's understandable cos he had been using the original n90 for so long and it's a big change from n90 to n90iii, i'm using n90 the first gen now and i can't find any racket quite like it

8. Boonbeng

Boonbeng Regular Member

Life's good
    besides perhaps the mp99

9. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

Why not the at700?

10. Boonbeng

Boonbeng Regular Member

Life's good
    The concept of n90 comes mainly from mp99, not sure about at700, besides, I don't wanna risk buying at700 because they are infamous of having sinking grommet prob

11. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

I thought the idea is from at700 since LD used the at700 when China is sponsored by yonex. Give at700 a try bro, it's a beast if you can handle rackets like n90 according to most of the peoples review out there. Good luck!

12. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I recently bought both the N90 and AT700. Played with the AT700 last Saturday and thought is was a pretty amazing racket. Very good feel. Will play with the N90 this Wed, let's see what will we get ..... :)

13. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Which AT700 you are referring to? there are 4 AT700 in the market. 1st generation, 2nd generation, Limited edition, and Premium 2012 edition.

14. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Saw a few players were playing with this new racket last week, very attractive in terms of appearance compared to the earlier N90 and N90II. When I briefly checked this racket at the shop, noticed that both stiffness and BP were just slightly above N80, with the identical frame shape as well. Waiting for some generous owners to share their experience with the N90III.
    Will LD really play with this N90III in this coming WC2013 ? I believe the demand will be increased if he really does...:)

15. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    What are the differences between the 4 variants? Mine is made in 2008, if I interpreted the code on the cone cap correctly. I'll take a pic when I get home tonight.

16. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
  17. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Based on the picture you have given, yours is AT700 2nd generation. They are all different with AT700 1st generation being the one that most avid Yonex users would try to have their hands on one. I have only played with the 1st and Premium 2012. Some fellow members have given their review on all of the AT700 editions, you just search.

18. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Sorry for being out of topic but I am curious about how you find the AT700PR 2012 ? Does it feel similar with the 1st gen AT700 ?

AFAIK, the first N90 was made based on LinDan's AT700 spec which was known as a very head heavy and stiff racket with the box frame. Having said that, the N90III is kinda drifted apart from its predecessors clearly noticed from the faster sharp/aero (3D break free) frame design. I think Li Ning are trying to sell the N90III to doubles players more since we don't see the S-type as what they released accompanying the 2nd gen.

19. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    My 1st gen AT700 had broken last year, so i could not really make an up to date comparison between N90, 700PR & 700 1st. However, from what i can remember N90 feels quite close to the 700 1st. So, i will compare N90 and 700PR to suffice your curiosity and since you had played with N90 already, you had already known the beast well.

700PR is more forgiving compared to N90, and it swings faster, defense easier, but still lacks on power department. It somehow also has 'Catapult' effect, as you could find in N90. Currently N90 and 700PR 2012 are my go to rackets with N90 being my very first choice.

Where are you now ? Jakarta/Singapore or Sydney ?

20. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Nice... Thanks for the feedback, and yes I like the "catapult effect" when I play with the N90, clears and smashes are effortless. So good for my lazy strokes :D
    So I'm suspecting the new N90III will be like a "more forgiving" version of N90 as well since the BP is lower by a couple of mm and faster frame.

I'm in Singapore at the moment.