Yonex Rackets in Bangkok

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by anakin, May 9, 2005.

1. Orangie

Orangie Regular Member

Got my zforce from First Sport in BK in Apr 2012. Recently got a chance to compare it side by side with a SP coded. SP was bought in early 2012 in SG.

Did notice that the location of the specs of the TH racket is positioned lower towards the butt that SP.

Is that normal? Will compare the butt colour later.

Spec of SP
    Weight 91g
    BP 315mm

Spec of TH
    Weight 96
    BP 300mm

compare zforce1.jpg compare zforce2.jpg

2. segamat

segamat Regular Member

I have a TH coded bought from First Sport,3UG5 though, whithout over-grip and string is 88.5gm, within the specified weight ratings. I believe your racket weights included the string and the over-grip. That is why there is a big difference. I have a precision weighing balance so it is very accurate.

The coding is exactly the position of your TH racket, and I had bought a lot of rackets from First Sport when I was working in thailand. No doubt they are genuine.

#542 segamat, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  3. lobsterman

lobsterman Regular Member

can any one let us know that vt-zf2 already ready for sales in bangkok? what is the size and price available? many thanks.

4. segamat

segamat Regular Member

As of last week, I called First Sports, they don't have stock....

5. djbinter

djbinter Regular Member

Price from Yonex Thailand web site = 5,750 Baht. Thus, the small store in Thailand would sell it at around 4700 - 5000 Baht.

#545 djbinter, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  6. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I was at Sports Marketing today and was told that they had 100 pieces and were sold out within a week.

7. lobsterman

Thanks alot for the info. i will arrive at bangkok next week. will pay a visit to the shop and check the price again.

off topic abit if u dont mind. do you think mizuno badminton shoe will sell cheaper in bangkok?

8. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Not sure of your location but Mizuno shoes are more expensive in Bangkok compared to Singapore prices.

9. Derek Zeng

Derek Zeng New Member

Officer
    Hi all, How is the price of Voltric Z Fore II in Bangkok ( TH code ) 4U5G ? and Where to buy it with best price ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

10. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Buy online and ask them to EMS to your hotel within 1-2 working days or directly visit the shop of these websites. payment can be made via ATM transfer if you prefer them to EMS to you.

http://www.sportgallerys.com/

http://www.mrc-sports.com/Home.html

I checked with the shops behind National Stadium + first sports in several mall across few provinces, these 2 sellers still sell the rackets slightly cheaper, and they are 100% trustworthy.

11. lobsterman

Ok guys was at sports marketing today evening. Vtzf2 is available both 4u & 3u g5 price at 4850b.

12. wqlam56

wqlam56 Regular Member

Samsung - Tax
    Oh man. I'm tempted to buy one since I'm dropping by on 22 April. Hmm. Anyone knows how does the prices in Bangkok as compared to Taipei? I will be making a trip to the two cities but do not know Yonex prices in these countries.

13. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Hey guys, I am going to Bangkok next month, and I want to know where can I get both Yonex and Gosen rackets? Heard they are much cheaper than those in Malaysia.

14. Béatrice777

Béatrice777 New Member

can someone tell me the new adress and phone number of the first sport, they close the shop near national stadium and they move somewhere elses ?

15. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

I just got back from Bangkok - here's an update on the shops I visited...

MRC Sports (Ari) - CHEAPEST Gosen and Kumpoo rackets. I got my Tenbu, Fujikura 3900T and Hexegon Special-1 there.... at about 10630 Baht. Yeah. Three rackets at absolutely bonkers price. Will visit them again when back to Bangkok.

Parrot Sport (Ratchewari) - Have some interesting Gosen Roots rackets, but the Ryoga series are 20% more expensive than MRC. Only got my stringing done there... and have very limited Yonex rackets. No Li Ning, or Victor.

16. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Personally, MRCSports is still the best deal for me when i visit Thailand. 100% insurance for authentication, and the price is cheaper than else where... cheaper than the infamous parrot sport or sport marketing. Too bad, none of them sell Adidas racket yet.

17. her0n

her0n Regular Member

Hey everyone. I'm going to Bangkok next month and looking to buy a new racket to replace my 15 year old Ti3..

Does anyone have prices in baht for:
    Voltric 60
    Voltric 70 (is this still being sold or has the e-tune version replaced it?)
    Arcsaber 11
    Arcsaber Z-slash

I will be looking in the shops near the stadium and also in the malls - I heard that in bigger stores you can get a form and claim the tax back at the airport when you depart Thailand?

Also hope to get some new Yonex shoes and t-shirts.

Thank you!

18. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Agree with Arfandy, you are better off going to Mrc sports than to the shops at National stadium.

19. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    The prices are more competitive at the shops near the stadium (or MRC) compared to the malls (eg Paragon, Supersports etc) even though there is no VAT refund.

You need to spend at least Baht 5,000 in the malls and fill in the VAT refund form to claim the 7% VAT. You can go the VAT refund counter (before immigrations) to process the form and collect the refund after you have cleared immigrations.

Yonex t-shirts (made in Thailand) are available at the Yonex showroom located on Level 3, Central World Plaza.

20. Le Le

Le Le New Member

It depends on the price range you purchase, if i was in banglok i will go to the small shop near the stadium for good bargain but no VAT claim.