Pro's Pro strings, any reviews?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by silvestre351, Apr 1, 2014.

1. silvestre351

silvestre351 Regular Member

Civil Eng. / Amateur stringer
    Hi ppl
    Anyone here ever used Pro's Pro strings?
    They have many models and the prices are very attractive.

2. silvestre351

3. gavias

gavias Regular Member

I am a badminton player and also a stringer, and I have played with strings of many types. Recently I have tried to play with pro's pro speed 70.

At the beginning I was apprehensive, because its not one of the most known string brands.
    I had a pleasant surprise. I want to share the result of my experience playing with this string. Lets see:

Repulsion power: 10/10
    Hitting sound: 9/10
    Control: 9/10
    durability: 8/10

This string have a high repulsion and a hard feeling. Its similar to BG80, but with less tension loss and with a more rough hitting sound.

Now the majority of my club colleagues are using this pro's pro speed 70. Before they were using BG65, BG65 Ti and BG 80.

I hope that the price doesn't go up, after the players discover this unknown jewel.

4. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    When I ordered my machine I bought some B400 to practise with. I didn't expect it to be much good but it surprised me and I do actually use it on my rackets now. I've also tried their B200 which also performs well and looks quite different to most strings due to the gold flecks running through it. Looks great on a black racket!

5. silvestre351

I ve already restrung rackets with B75 and Speed 70.

Speed 70 definitely is a "BG80 or VS850 type". Has a rough texture and the behaviour is almost the same. Has a crisp touch but a more solid feeling. I dare say it is a very good alternative to BG80 at a lower price.

About B75 it is definitely a "BG65 type". I ve never played with it but I ve so far made some restringing, and reached 28 lbs without problem.
    What I ve noticed is that the has a lower elasticity (stretches less than BG65 and I always have to use the starting clamp to help me pull the last cross).
    The stringbed becomes stiffer and it seems that the racket was strung with higher tension than the required. I advise to string 1-2 lbs lower in order to have the same behaviour (assuming BG65 as a reference).
    About durability I cant say much so far, only by seeing the custumers rackets, after 2 weeks training, that the string is absolutely without scratches, like new.

6. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    Thx For the reviews,
    Have you already strung the pros pro strings at 28 lbs+? Cause I am very interested in this strings if they survive high tension. How durable are they compare to yonex or victor?

7. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    I strung with the B200 at 28lb last week. It performs just fine, no problems at all.

8. silvestre351

So far, so good.
    I finished the 2 reels I had (speed 70 and B75) and the customers never complained.
    I applied tensions between 25 lbs and 29 lbs and the strings just behavied fine during the job.
    About durability I just say that they arent behind of the "top" brands.

9. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    I tried the B200 at 28.5 lbs but it broke at first miss-hit.About one match playtime.Control 10/10Power 9/10Durability 5?/10 ( was only strong one racket so I cant really derive it)

10. LemonInside

LemonInside Regular Member

Network Engineer
    I strung B200 at 30lbs and it broke during first match. I also strung B200 at 24lbs and that also broke during first match. I brought the red and blue reel.
    Maybe I got bad reels???

However Speed 70 at 28lbs on another racket and that has been fine after a month.

11. henrychenn

henrychenn Regular Member

Student
    Depends on how you broke the string, was it a mishit?

12. LemonInside

LemonInside Regular Member

Network Engineer
    Mains went on both. One strung at 30lbs broke in the middle. The one strung 24lbs broke slightly off centre. I restrung 30lbs with ZyMax 65 and that hasn't broke after 3 days play.

Speed 70 no problems with mishits.