Victor Super Waves 35

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by chungjun, Oct 2, 2009.

1. SimonQQ

SimonQQ Regular Member

got my 4u SW35, with NBG 98. Love it :) I use the smallest amount of power and my clears go all the way to the back line, my smashes are harder than ever :D This rackets really good

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I've already reserved a SW35 on the strength of Tuesday's test; as soon as I get it my dust-gathering Z-Slash will be up fpr sale.

Looks-wise, I agree it's one of Victor's most interesting (in a year of interesting rackets). I like the stuff near the throat, but it gets a bit crowded after that; I would do away with the triple-diamonds at 2/10, for example.

3. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

Mark A please give a try SW36 if you can.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Hopefully I can - my contact has already had a go of it (and the BS09), and he tells me it's slightly less heavy than the 35 but otherwise similar. The 33P is another one I want a closer look at, as I loved the old 32 and I want to see if it's along the same lines.

5. cayzi

cayzi Regular Member

so sw36 is not blanced racket?

6. TingAhYee

TingAhYee Regular Member

In terms of head heaviness, is SW35 more head heavier than Yonex AT700?
    In terms of stiffness, is SW35 stiffer than NS9900 and Mizuno TC700?

7. rapidfire

rapidfire Regular Member

I cut the victor string after 1 session. Now back to yonex bg80 n it feel so good.

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I finally got my SW35 today. paulstewart64 drove it right to my door, along with some stencils and a grip - I hope he can write that off as a tax deduction:D. Play will commence tomorrow, and after tomorrow and Friday I should have basis for one of my big reviews. It'll be tough - I've also got Pandas streaming in tomorrow...

In the mean time, some eye candy. Note the different shaft decal lettering on the UK version - any other UK-owners spot this? Strung at 24/27.5 with my trusty 1040Ti65 bootlace...

Attached Files:

9. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

Nice pics :) Hope you enjoy the racket.

10. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

First impressions put me in mind of the more anabolic Armortecs. I forgot to get the dry balance (silly me) but the playing balance is about 308, which is COLOSSAL compared to the stuff I usually play with. The shaft is the stiffest I have ever seen on a Victor. Weight feels like it's right at the 4U/3U cusp; Victor says 4U. I should also add that the factory grip is outstanding, offering loads of tack:). Appears to be a Germany code, which may explain the differing decals: the ones I've seen so far have all been Chinese.

I just wish they hadn't put these E-TITANIUM decals on the head - it would have looked SO much better had it just been plain colours. Oh well... let's see what tomorrow brings!

11. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

comprehensive review coming from me tomorrow evening really impressed with the racket.

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

So was I:D. Seemed to have a smaller head than the usual iso (as LD pointed out to me over PM), but the sheer punch and stability, IMO, put it above the AT700 weight-for-weight as an attacker. Victor have done exactly the right thing in using JJS to plug this thing - his smashes are unreal, and I'm wondering how much the 35 helps him...

13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Definetly smaller head, and Longer shaft than NS9900, and more powerful than the Armortecs, or anything that I have tried before for that matter.

14. johnjohnny

johnjohnny Regular Member

Just look at the amount of good words put into the racket from our experts here. Do not hesitate anymore. Go grab one if u like it heavy and stiff. It wont dissapoint you. :)

15. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    If you can handle it, SW35 is one of the best you can get at the moment. Seriously speaking.

16. Wan Njang

Wan Njang Regular Member

Gomen Staff
    I love my SW35 ;)

17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I am glad, that you are enjoying the racket.

People should find a racket that suits them, just cause LCW uses the AT900P, it doesnt mean to say it is the best racket out there. IMO, the Victor is better in each area, than the AT900P, i will have the review up later on today. :)

18. FIVEs

FIVEs Regular Member

LD_rules,

Not to steal the thunder away from SW35, but I was thinkin', should I go direct to BraveSword 11 (incorporates the Inside Wave technology anyways.)? What do you suggest? Or both of them are totally different beasts in their own respect:D? Tks.

FIVEs

19. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The BS11 couldn't be much more different than the SW35:): BS11 is a mid-flex all-rounder while the SW35 is a diamond-stiff attacker.

20. FIVEs

FIVEs Regular Member

No kidding huh:), I'll take your word for it:cool:. Is there, well, say BS10 or BS9 are they any stiffer (diamond-stiff:cool: in your own words) than the BS11? Thanks.