Victor New Racket Meteor X JJS ??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Polaroid, May 18, 2012.

1. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    My review is now live!

Thanks for the comments DB. I think that must be a case of great minds think alike!

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

2. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    The real question is, have you made your choice yet? :)

3. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    DB

I have to wait for MX90 and TK6000 to arrive. It's true that JJS will be withdrawn next year when stocks run out. This means I have to consider which racket to use although would love to select JJS.

It makes sense for me to use what will be available next season so i am stuck. I'm just about to test JJS with 880 string to get a feel for this combination.

I now have to hope MX90 plays similar to JJS.

Paul

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Paul, very nice review and many thanks that you are still reviewing rackets. As a sponsored player, what is your opinion in terms of QC when it comes to specs of rackets from Victor? Don't get me wrong. Victor rackets are really high quality but in the past they were lacking in terms of weight an balance point. I'm an old school guy and love my SW35's, BS10's and MX80's but it was a struggle to get equal ones. Today, what's your opinion about their QC? Does it improved?

#644 ucantseeme, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  5. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    This is an interesting question.

So far I have picked up numerous Victor rackets and haven't noticed a variation in terms of feel or spec.
    Having read a number of older posts, it would seem historically there have been issues regards changes in spec, etc which has caused all kinds of problems for players. This isn't good and shouldn't happen. I heard there had been changes in manudfacture from Taiwan and China but I don't know the real story.
    With any manfacturer they make within tolerances. Finding a matching pair of rackets is never easy although generally they can be pretty close.

If I find there are issues with huge variances in spec then I will be the first to express my concern. So far I haven't experienced this. I used three different JJS Meteors last weekend and they all felt the same. I've done with numerous LYD rackets without an issue.

I also have to say how impressed I was with Victor Champion Gold shuttle which I used at Lilleshall last weekend. Super quality and consistency.

For me to have a credible reputation i will always tell you what I think, good or bad. Also, if I review a racket and don't like it, I will tell you. It's important to me that players can trust my judgement. regardless of who i am sponsored by I will give honest opinions.

It's also important to remember that no sponsor controls my website and what I say on it. They have on influence whatsoever. I choose who advertises and if i don't like a product they cannot buy their way onto my website as I reject them.

Paul

6. amleto

amleto Regular Member

I'd also agree with Paul's review, although I have had slightly worse experience when it comes to matching rackets. I've had/got 4 mx60s. I haven't played with one, but the others were all different - one of them significantly so. The two jjs I have are significantly different too.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

You just have to bring your digital scale and ruler to the store every time you want to buy a racket... like me. :)

Then you'll never have any more nasty surprises.

8. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Lol...wonder how the shopkeeper feels every time u step in...

9. Jchowdhury

Jchowdhury Regular Member

Student
    Pahaha probably thinking "Lets close the shop down hes gonna take hours with all the rackets...".
    On a serious note, just used the JJS today after breaking 2 arcsaber 11's in a row. And wow, the smashes on this are disgusting. It really takes allot less effort to get a full smash, and the racket face is solid as a rock! Slightly sad theyre taking it off the market :(

10. visor

visor Regular Member

Haha.. the owner at my local store is very nice and understanding. :) He's even a bit interested in my measurements and methodology when I explain to him what I'm doing. Of course I don't know what he's saying to his employees after I leave. :p

But I don't really care what anyone else thinks as long as I get the specs that I want. This is the only way I'd buy any racket.

11. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
  12. MjölnirSlinger

MjölnirSlinger Regular Member

A bit off topic.. =) I adore your determination..Lol and I think I had acquire this habit from you..I know the 'feel' of certain racket is important, but this is more like personal satisfaction..

13. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ Whew... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with OCD. :D

14. MjölnirSlinger

MjölnirSlinger Regular Member

Haha.. I'm pretty sure sure that 'D' stands for Disease..Oh man.. I am sick..

15. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I'm thinking about purchasing this racket. However, I've decided to wait for the MX-90 to be released and reviewed first.

16. iLondon

iLondon Regular Member

Student
    I'm interested in perhaps buying a MX 70 or JJS because I want a head-heavy racket.
    Could someone perhaps suggest which one would be better for singles and why?
    From what I've read on BC, MX 70 is very similar to JJS and slightly more flexible. Are these the only real differences?

I don't particularly want an extra stiff racket like the MX 80 so I'm deciding between a MX 70 and JJS, plus, I haven't owned a Victor racket before so I'm interested in purchasing one.

Thanks

17. Olibog

Olibog Regular Member

Business Development
    Considering both models will be phased-out, I'd recommend getting both, 2 each! (if you can still find one especially with a 3U weight) Both are great rackets particularly MX-JJS.

18. decoy

decoy Regular Member

If you just want a head heavy victor racquet and didn't like the mx80 than I suggest you have a look at thruster series. The tk 8000 is great imo

19. iLondon

iLondon Regular Member

Student
    I think directsports still have the 3u in stock. I'm not that rich though so I can't exactly buy 4 rackets for £110-£120.

I haven't actually tried using the Tk 8000 but I may look into it. Thanks.

20. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    At the moment and having tested MX70 and JJS, I would say JJS wins hands down for me. Personally I wouldn't worry about what may or may not replace it otherwise nobody would buy a racket, always holding out for what is yet to come.

I'm really impressed with Meteor range and feel confident Victor will continue the range and fill the gaps left my JJS later next year.

Whilst they are still available I would really consider buying JJS especially as you like it so much.
    Paul