Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

even there are people who doubt that Hartono could be 8x AE champion or Kops 7x if China were part of IBF.

Everytime China invited Ina to play a friendly they will always send the 2nd team and avoid Hartono having to match up

Tang Xian Hu and Hou Chia chang, Many people doubt Hartono's credibility as the greatest of his time for this reason

especially with his weak defence, but personally I think if they had played it would have been a fair fight between Hartono and China's legends of that time.

But I think its better to stick to LD and also to bury the past.All this "hide and seek" tactics have been used long ago

as part of strategy.

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I am not refering to the throwing matches thingy. I only want to clarify the the playing era of these players.

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Rudy Hartono is the Greatest of all time, he's the Mohamad Ali of Badminton. The question of "if" would not count, just like the fact that LD won all majors. But I dont believe RH or INA team used the same tactic as what LYB did to LD. Maybe one or two times for some reason unknown but not a systematic plot over the whole career of a player. Thats not the same.

4. hezudao

hezudao Regular Member

when 1 country dominates, some fans of other countries can only whine on the net to vent their discontent. when these losers constantly nitpick and bash china, their players and coach, the more I appreciate the classiness of danish supporters.

nevertheless, you are rite. no amount of whining from losers can take away ld's wins.

5. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    We whine as you can see from this forum because we are ASIANS, we are unique breed, it is in our blood to bitch and whine ;):pand we cannot stand LD's success that he keeps beating LCW in majors and we hate LYB arrogance because we are jealous that his team is so talented...the male asians are just as bad as the females....for the record, I am an Asian too;):D

6. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    What a post, otb :)

I am surprise you responded to a post that isn't constructive at all.

Normally you are full of humor and your predictions,

of course when it comes to betting, its always none other than Lin Dan.

You always praise his challenger but in the end your money is always on him:)

Anyway, the poster hardly contribute anything other than criticizing bc members,

And using one post to say it all?

Lol .... only a troll does that :D

7. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    can i whine?
    if LD is injured, how come he still able to play at Korea Open now and win at 1st round? will he walkover tomorrow due to not fully recovered injury?
    Malaysian doctor is no good at all. the doctor from China is very great. he/she can cure LD's in couple of days.

8. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    That was the best whiner for the month of January :)

Seriously, if Lin Dan is injured he shouldn't be playing at all.

He risk himself getting more serious injury and I think that abdomen injury has been sometime already

Though he never mention about it. Instead he claimed he never got injury :eek:

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    LD is not injured..period!!! only the fool believe he is injured..I have seen many things from China teams..I am sorry to say that ...It is good for China but not good for Badminton a s a sport...

To all CHN fans!!! wake up!! even Chen Hong will tell you that..CH was asked to WO...to tournament officer, he was injured but he was okay..he was smiled when I asked why he gave WOs....he said" you know why"..wake up!! Don't be in denial!! LD is very very fine!!...even there is big talks among players in MO and KO about Famous WO from LD...honestly I feel sorry for LD....he has no choice...he was supposed to retired after OG...since no CHN players can replace him..he has to stay!! again..LD is not that kind player...I have respect for him, not to CBA!!!! thats truth!!!

#1849 huangkwokhau, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  10. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Honestly, I do not keep track of what posters like Hezudao write previously, I do not google and have no time for that. When I read his post, the cheeky side takes the better of me:D...When it comes to betting $$$, my brain says LD wins as it was proven time and time again in majors. My heart would want to see the underdogs win something as these folks keep getting beat out and facing uncertain future...as a professional coach yourself, you know better that this is a professional sport, titles are great, in the end, money talks and we would be fooling ourselves otherwise;)

11. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    KO11 is neutral territory and purse is 3x MO11, one win is US$90K, the most ever. If a player will to play only 1 tournament, which one would u pick as MO and KO is back-to-back. Secondly, if a player followed LCW in MO11, LCW was playing exceptionally well, almost hard to beat in KL, and with home fans support. Maybe LD is not 100% superfit but fit enough to win 2 rounds. LD may not want to take on LCW, in case he lost badly and that would boost LCW confidence and LD may want to maintain that mental edge towards AE, WC, OLY and Sudirman, which are majors that meant more to CHN. Also, to let CL test where he stands against LCW was another reason, maybe. Thats is my thought.

#1851 OneToughBirdie, Jan 26, 2011
  12. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    yes, in the end everything is about money:D

Ok since rudy has 'assured' us Lin Dan is fine we shall see once again,

match of the year in the Korean open semi final:)

After Chen long lost badly to lcw in Malaysian open

and also because of the draw,

I think Lin Dan is mostly likely to play till the end :)

Anyway, Malaysia should be proud to have one lcw,

A pain in the axx for lyb. Hahaha:D

Otb, if you take away lcw, what do you see?

Ping pong? :D

Till then let's get ready to bet some satay :D

13. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    If LCW can maintain his current form and not injured, he could win WC11 and/or OLY12. Take away LCW, what do I see? MAS cannot even get past the QF or 1st round in MS...MD is yo-yo now...the rest of the events habis and BAM would be in the spotlight and in deepsh*t.
    I bet LD will go to KO11 final, I really hope it will be a LD-LCW final. This time is hard to say who will win, 50-50, even up but will be one heck of a match. LCW is playing the best badminton I seen and LD being Lin Dan always show up in final especially when the opponent is LCW. The concern is would LCW be mentally tired out going through Park-CJ-Bao and then LD, if that is the path barring upset. LD has a much easier path, with INA as warm-up partners:D:p (I am sure to get flak for this comment:p).

14. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I agree with Huang and he has just about summed up the situation. If you watch youtube there were clips where

LD expressed his problems.I think CBA actually may not see eye to eye with BWF, and that is sth I dont understand.In table tennis though China players tend to miss tournaments instead of giving WOs and they never gain enough points for the year end GP.

15. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

You are right, always looking for someone to blame , accusing successful people for being arrogant etc.etc.

Not positive and eventually bringing about own downfall because of not focusing on one's own weaknesses and correcting it,but getting

emotionally worked up and falling into opponent's trap, events which have happened century after century.

16. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I doubt LD is focused on AE and WC but is aiming more for the OLY and team events, just as in previous year, in these 2 events,he may just focus on building up the confidence of the younger players.I think most of his energy will be focused on team events where he is needed most.
    i doubt it is all about money, I wouldn't be surprised if he even lost before the final in KO.
    It is logical for a player to maintain his confidence and peak at the right time, Zhang Ning was thrashed in her run-up to OLY 2008 in SS events, luckily she prevailed in the end.
    LD's dilemma was best summarised by HKH and i think the CBA wants (as always) to win team events and Olympics and bring up the next generation of players.Of course it will not go down well with rivals but as summed up by the poster from Taiwan in the LD WO thread,it just so happens that China is the only team with depth to be able to do it, others would and have done it if they had the depth, that's why there is a new emphasis on building a team with depth.

#1856 Bbn, Jan 26, 2011
  17. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

It was only a few years back that China focused heavily on winning Opens and bringing back prize money.

Now the emphasis has shifted.

Now ,at least in Men's singles they are focusing on building up replacements for LD.

It is good that LCW can keep the China MS team on their toes,just as Taufik and Gade did in their prime.

After LD & LCW exit there may no longer be players of the calibre of these four, it is a good time to

match up the next generation and the outgoing in this transition period, otherwise we will have a very boring,mediocre Men's Singles event in the future after 2012.So in a way it is good for badminton in the long run,at least to the spectators.

#1857 Bbn, Jan 26, 2011
  18. supernerd3333

supernerd3333 Regular Member

I think many people have mentioned this before. I don't think LD will participate in too many tournaments from now on. He will do what he needs to qualify for the OLY game and play his part in the team events. And that's IT. I believe he will peak at the right moments and go into the OLY game with a positive record and mental advantage against everyone. For he has nothing else to prove beside winning another OLY title. AE and WC are not his goals anymore. And to say the truth I don't think they are CBA's goals either, let alone SS.
    LYB needs to find someone who can take LD's job over when he leaves. The youngsters will get more exposure as they need to prove themselves and fight for a spot to the OLY game. So in SS events, CBA will focus on them, not LD. But I do believe that they should just rest LD at home for most of the SS and just send all young players.

19. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I would think LD would want to build up a legacy by focussing and winning majors, AE and WC included. SS is not in his goals, except that this time he is 'forced' to play 10 of them. If not for OLY12 and LCW being a potential threat to CHN, LD may not even be playing.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    If CBA say play or stay, Lin Dan will obey

IMHO, it's not up to Lin Dan to choose. If CBA say play or stay, Lin Dan will obey.