My New Stringing Machine Victor C-7032

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by BengGuan, Apr 25, 2011.

1. risingsun

risingsun Regular Member

unemployed
    Hi kwun,I have a stringing business in London, mainly for badminton. www.rudystrings.com is the website but it's currently not online. But you can search rudystrings for the Facebook page.I own a Babolat Star 5, but it's not good enough for badminton, that's why I've been looking at an alternative machine, the victor is a good option if the machine is as good as people say it is or the yonex but that's a lot of money, will need more savings unless I can't find a second hand or used yonex machine.Thanks

2. TimothyHsu

TimothyHsu Regular Member

high schooler
    It's beautiful...

3. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    I'm being told that the 7032 has an automatic prestretch feature ? Like the machine will determine what's the good prestretch to use for the current string while pulling and do the correct prestretching without having to set it to (5%-10%-15%).

Can anyone confirm this ?

I find this extremely unlikely and probably not possible.

4. wlotus

wlotus Regular Member

I'm almost 100% certain that this is a non-exist function.

5. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

6. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I am currently using the Victor 7031 machine and there is a 5, 10 and 15% pre stretch button. i use 10% most of the time. I would expect 7032 to have it.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Can't confirm with regard to the 32, but the 31 definitely hasn't got it.

Besides, how would it know how much is the "best" pre-stretch?

8. wlotus

wlotus Regular Member

@yan.v I just asked a friend who owns 7032. Surprisingly, it doesn't even have pre-stretch function. (No way to set 5%,10%,or 15%) Not to mention the magic feature you were told.

9. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Yeah, that's what I am thinking.

I don't think it is possible to automatically detect what is the best pre-stretch for a string.

The Victor guys told me that some people complained that the C-7032 was always overpulling without any pre-stretch settings and that it was because the machine determines the correct pre-stretch settings depending on the string and overpulls by that much every time. After the people knew the reason for the overpull, they didn't complain anymore. He was surprised that the VE-80 didn't have that feature and a normal pre-stretch setting for it.

All of this doesn't make sense to me, but I can't really say it doesn't exist until an experienced stringer that has the machine (or has used the machine) confirms it.

10. wlotus

wlotus Regular Member

Interestingly, my friend did mention about this behavior. He said the tension head pulls a little bit more after beeps and we thought it's because it's doing constant pull to compensate the tension loss.

11. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Yeah, it should keep pulling a little after it reaches the tension. Does it keep pulling slowly so the tension stays at the set tension or does it pull more than the set thension ?

12. wlotus

wlotus Regular Member

According to my friend, the LCD shows the tension being set when it does the extra pull after beep sound occurs.

13. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Yeah, sounds like a constant pull.

Let's confirm with someone that pretty much only analyzes strings and their behavior.

@stringtechno , do you think it is possible for a machine to automatically detect the correct pre-stretch setting for every types of strings and tensions ?

14. stringtechno

stringtechno Regular Member

engineer
    CP and prestretch

This is a very interesting question, and the requestion is “what is the correct prestretch setting?”

lockoutnylonskl.jpg

Prestretch removes the remaining elongation at the maximum tension that is used.
    This graph shows, a non CP tensioner pulling tension and the actually difference between strings:
    - The upper string is a fast stretching string, so the tension drops very quickly from 30 to 24 kg.
    - The lower string stretches slow and has less remaining elongation and drops to about 26 kg.
    What will happen with the 2 when a CP unit pulls this with a prestretch mode:

Suppose the prestretch tension is 30 kg.
    The unit will keep the tension constant so will remove the remaining elongation of both strings up to 30 kg. It will take longer before the slow string is ready to be clamped than the fast one.

This graph shows a perfect CP machine (mechanical) and an electronic CP machine.

autdropeleckls.jpg

15. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Thanks for the reply.

Let's keep constant pull out of the question for now.

Pre-stretch is used to remove the remaining elongation of the string and reduce tension loss over time. We know that different strings have different elongation, so the question is, can a machine automatically detect what pre-stretch setting it needs to use to remove that elongation ?

16. Alex82

Alex82 Regular Member

Linux-Sysadmin
    I think a machine can detect the pre-stretch setting. The machine can take the time from a tension to another tension and measure the pre-stretch.
    Another method to measure the pre-stretch is. Pull to given tension wait < 1 second and measure the the tension loss, then overpull with the calculated value.

But i don't think that is a good feature. How can you be sure, if the machine uses the same settings on same racket/tension/string?
    And if you string a racket with such an automatic detect you must the machine tell if you string the mains or the crosses. On the crosses the friction simulates a higher tension loss. You can counteract that with a lower tension on crosses.

I think its better to have a constant pre-stretch instead of a automatic pre-stretch. I want to know what my machine does...

17. stringtechno

stringtechno Regular Member

engineer
    I think “automatic prestretch setting” should not be too difficult.

It actually means that the tensioner keeps pulling at the prestretch tension until the tension is stable. So the system should lower the tension to the set tension when it senses that it does not have to repull again.

The difficulty with a prestretch with a set time is, that all the remaining elongation is removed in a fast string and not all of it at a slow string.

The other question is when to use prestretch, on all strings or only on stretchy strings.

It is useless to use prestretch on a string with only little remaining elongation because there is nothing to remove.

As you can see the difference in remaining elongation is big (1,2 to 3,8 %)

6rgn.jpg

#57 stringtechno, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  18. rufus

rufus Regular Member

Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread but I am searching for 5 tooth clamps to replace the worn out clamps on my Toyo Zouki and the Victor clamps look very nice. I have some questions about the Victor clamps and I am finding the folks at Victor unresponsive to email.

Does the Victor clamp have rollers or cams?
    How wide is it at the top of the teeth?
    Does the clamp slide into a tube on the clamp base or over a post?
    Are the clamp teeth diamond dusted?
    If the clamp has diamond dusted teeth did they accomplish this by gluing in inserts?
    Is it possible to clamp below the level of the teeth when installing mains to get uninterrupted contact between metal and string?

Thanks for any help.

19. fanfaron

fanfaron Regular Member

at gefen they have great price for ES5 replacement clamp.

http://www.gefensports.co.uk/spares.html

95£, fair price...

20. rufus

rufus Regular Member

Hi fanfaron,

Thanks for pointing out gefensports. I was not familiar with them. The Yonex clamp they are selling slides over a post but in all other respects looks to be the same as my old one. So I am probably going to buy one since what I mostly need is to replace the piece the handle swivels from. Mine is cracked.

One of Victor's distributors here in the US has given me an email address for somebody at Victor's headquarters. I would really like to see what they have to offer first.

Thanks for your help.