Any Funny moments You had with badminton?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by gamepurpose, Aug 29, 2009.

1. flyingfox

flyingfox Regular Member

using stringless racquet to play a game with hardcore players for about half of the game then realised it ... :D :D :D

2. cec2c1

cec2c1 Regular Member

the opponents made a short lift my doubles partner at the back smashed the shuttle at me :eek: even though i was not hurt:p

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

All these shots to the head and groin make for some pretty funny badminton stories.:)
    (Somehow that sort of thing never seemed quite as funny when playing ice hockey.;))

4. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
  5. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    During my training,I playing double with coach 2 vs 1.My partner just let the birdy past through him and Im the one that need to diving for it since its too far from me.Coach hit the ball on the baseline so I diving for it,then coach give in other baseline.During making another dive,theres a lighting shock loudly,and was freaking out and jumping like a whale.Then my shirt dirty after that failure diving ...

6. 1nsight

1nsight New Member

Ive had a few funny experience. Once I was playing a mixed match at a tourny and smashed the shuttle at the girl, it hit her right between the eyes and left a mahoosive red mark.

Another time, I was playing the singles final at a local tourny and broke the strings of my two main rackets within the first 10 points. I then used an average priced racket that had been my main racket when I first got into competitive play and snapped the shaft with a smash. Then I was down to my 2 five pound rackets that I had for friends to use for mess arounds. They were 2 part rackets and the strings were so loose that i didn't notice I had broken the strings on the first one until the head flopped over from the two part connection failing. So in one match, I broke 2 sets of strings and 2 rackets.

7. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    I just got back from my holiday to Taiwan/Japan!
    When i was in Taiwan i beat one of the top boys at a sports school i visited. He was about 17. The coach yelled at him firstly for losing then sent him outside to run up and down the stairs 100 times.

The look the kid gave me as he was walking out hahah he was not happy. Poor fella :(

8. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Welcome back! :)

:mad: Is that how coaches should treat their trainees?

It's not your fault. You were just playing the game.

9. chrisnchips

chrisnchips Regular Member

Student
    Electric Battery Powered Fly Swatters

:D anyone ever use one as a substitute for a racket?

10. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    They are very strict with their training and have very high expectations of the kids they train!

And believe me it works! Theyr techniques and footwork is perfect!

Just seemed i was the stronger person on the day hehe

11. Random-person1

Random-person1 New Member

Student
    Playing a very intense rally in MD, then my opponent drills the bird into his partners racquet and it bounces back hitting his face LOLOLOL omg.. i still laugh at this.

12. SteveK

SteveK New Member

Quiksilver Clothing Store
    ^ lol!

One time I was playing at a tourny and this dude thought he was super good and was getting pretty upset over every point he lost. The guy he was playing was really calm and relaxed and was winning by so much he started doing trick shots. The angry dude was getting aggitated more and more by this, when finally the calm guy made a really nice drop shot. The angry dude went to return it by clearing it and the calm guy just put his racket right over the net and the shuttle hit the racket and hit the angry dude in the face. haha! it was so funny, then he snapped his racket in half and called it a day :p

13. chrisnchips

chrisnchips Regular Member

Student
    haha i'd like to watch that match! xD:D

14. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

There used to be this really clumsy guy that played at my club, and he'd literally completely miss about 25% of his overhead shots. So this one time when we were watching at the local tournament, he went for a big smash, totally missed the shuttle, it hit him on the head, he fumbled and dropped his racquet, tripped over it, and then slid and fell over onto his backside :D. Then my mum laughed so loud I think everyone in the hall could hear it. Had to feel sorry for him! Had to be up there in the most embarrassing moments of his life (and at a tournament too) :p.

Also we've got this thing going where when someone drops their racquet, everyone else in the hall simultaneously drops their own racquet too (even at a tournament, assuming you're not in the middle of a rally). So it's pretty fun when someone from out of town comes along and isn't expecting it.

#34 phaarix, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  15. kish-mah-ash

kish-mah-ash Regular Member

bro,that "clumsy guy" ain't you, is he?

me personoally,the funniest moment i had with badmionton,i'd have to say the first time i staretd playing and i tried to do a flying jumpsamsh only to lose my balance, lost my footing, twisted my ankle and landed very hard on my ash.:eek:

16. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    So it was your mom who laughed? I lost all my self-confidence at that time. :(

17. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Thankfully no :eek:. That's not to say I haven't had my fair share of embarrassing moments (catching the shuttle in my hand when it was about to go out - nerves... what the heck? :p)! I'm just glad none of them have been quite like that ;). I guess it's one advantage of not jump smashing too often! He's quite good at tennis though, I guess the timing is why he misses it a lot. Speaking of timing, you should see me try to pull off a tennis smash...

Heheh, sorry about that. I would too. She's done it to just about everyone though. She's terrible like that (maybe I should stop bringing her along).

#37 phaarix, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hey, even though i was not there ..but after reading your this post. i can imagine the guy's action and your mom laughing so loud:D

perhaps i watched too much tv already:p

19. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Made my day! I almost died laughing reading this!!! :D

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Title of this video for me.. DO not ever give up;)
    [video=youtube;0OqbqJpt1ZI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OqbqJpt1ZI[/video]