Thailand is now being noticed as a strong Badminton playing nation

Discussion in 'Thailand Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Nov 16, 2010.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

From what I have seen, she takes the shuttle early and forces her opponents off balance. When the opening is created, she has enough power to finish off the rally.

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    From what I saw, WSX was (most of the time) under pressure on her forehand side of her court (in this match).

Ratchanok also realised this, and she won many points directing shots to WSX's forehand side.

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    It is great to know that Thailand did well this SEAG. It is a valuable lesson for us Malaysian and see where we are heading (Im not starting another Bam politic discussion). I do hope that Thailand will be more
    consistant and develop more talents. I want day would like to see our Malaysian players taste the fiery hot spicy Tom Yam from the Thais on court one day.

4. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Thai girls show are the best!

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

:D:D:D Don't forget... It was only about months ago that THA players all wanted to walk away from their National Association.

6. bura836

bura836 Regular Member

accountant
    Yep. Finally they can find way to solve and reconcile. The association allow them (to choose to stay under national camp or not) to go with personal sponsor but they are to be selected when sending out to play oversea with their own sponsor.

Luckily, the incident do not harm our match result but unluckily our Superman Boonsak Polsana is under treatment of the operation and yet to come back to court on time of SEAGAME till next year.

I hope badminton fan will be glad to see THA to be par with Malaysia and Indonesia and entertain the fan with the great match.

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Report from the OG by Dan Riley

Thai teen delighting country, badminton lovers at Wembley

Friday, 03 August 2012
    Dan Riley

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/index....ting-country-badminton-lovers-at-wembley.html

With the biggest controversy of the London Games so far still raging around the badminton courts of Wembley Arena, I shuttled myself across town from the Olympic Park on Wednesday to catch up with the progress of the promising young Thai team.

While the mixed doubles pair of Sudket Prapakamol and his partner Saralee Thoungthongkam were outclassed 15-21, 13-21 by their fourth-seeded Danish rivals Joachim Fischer and Christinna Pedersen, the Thai spirits remained high due to a rousing victory by 17-year-old sensation Ratchanok Inthanon.

The youngster belied her years with a composed 21-16, 21-15 win in her women’s singles last 16 match against 29-year-old Juliane Schenk of Germany, who had beaten her at the German Open five months ago. “I felt quite tense before the match,” Ratchanok told the Post. “I was the underdog.”

She’ll certainly carry this tag into her quarterfinal with former world number 1 and second seed Wang Xin of China.

The mixed press zone at Wembley Arena also afforded me a decent chat with badminton hall-of-famer Charoen Wattanasin. The charismatic 75-year-old was not a stranger to the London courts, having represented Thailand at the prestigious All-England Badminton Championship when he was 19 and 20.

“I was playing here when you were not even born yet,” he told my apparently youthful looking face. “Definitely not.”

Charoeun’s business card reveals a whole host of titles on the sporting world, including vice president of the National Olympic Committee of Thailand, president of the Badminton Association of Thailand, honorary life vice president of the World Badminton Federation, council member of the Southeast Asian Games Federation and member of the Rules Committee of the Olympic Council of Asia.

Between the years of 1958 and 1962, he won Open titles in Malaya, Ireland, Scotland, Norway and France. “I’ve been building up Thai badminton over the past 10 years,” he said.

“It’s much better than before. We used to have just one or two [qualify for the Olympics]. Now we have over 10.

“All this was made possible by one person that supports me and supports Thai badminton – the King of Thailand. He loves the sport and granted his personal support. He is not doing this for duty, he is doing it from the heart.”

Charoeun noted his pleasure at Ratchanok’s result, while detailing her remarkable rise to glory from the humblest of backgrounds. “Her parents were workers at a Thai pudding factory in Nakhon Pathom [60 kilometres west of Bangkok],” he said.

“They had 10, 20 badminton courts in the complex and they tried to keep her away from the hot furnace, so she spent a lot of time on court and played badminton since she was four or five years old.

“She was a world junior champion at the age of 14, and she has successfully defended her title twice,” he added. “I hope she will get a medal, but she is very young and we don’t want to put too much pressure on her. We have several more youngsters coming up.”

Thailand have never won an Olympic medal in badminton, although Boonsak Ponsana made the semifinals of the 2004 Athens Games men’s singles competition, were he lost to gold medallist Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia.

8. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    so thailand now coming up especially in women's department...and a pair in MD....XD seems to have no new talents? sudket/saralee have past their peak while songphon/kunchala are not doing that well...miss watching kunchala...she is pretty!

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

10. sarawutggggg

sarawutggggg Regular Member

I ilke narissapat lam very much she so pretty and aggresive in badminton's ways.