Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. abesadi

abesadi Regular Member

student
    How about moh. rijal? Let debby susanto focus in WD with pia zebadiah..

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Debby/Pia is not a strong WD...nobe of them has strong smash though....
    PBSI needs Greysia and Shendy to play mix as well....

3. maypi

maypi New Member

Junior Lawyer
    i agree with u...Rendra should be given the chance to be paired with Liliyana, i think they will be a great XD...

4. blackbhara92

blackbhara92 Regular Member

student
    yup, greysia is good, but i like nitya more,. she has a good smash.

5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    If Kido should ever decide to leave the National Team again, let Hendra Setiawan partner with Lilyana Natsir... They will be awesome!!! No doubt. Both are world champions, no doubt their technical abilities are among the very best on Earth today.... :cool::cool: I hope their personalities fit and both can enjoy playing with each other... :cool:

6. maypi

maypi New Member

Junior Lawyer
    that's what i said before
    Hendra and Lilyanan will be a great XD couple
    should we make petition to PBSI :D

7. PoLLuX

PoLLuX Regular Member

Student
    is there any chance for Butet paired with Wifqi or Afiat?

IMHO, I do not think Rendra is WC material. When I saw her performance in Indonesia open (paired with Anggun) he made a lot of errors

and I hope PBSI will consider for Butet plays again in WD

8. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Rendra had big smash, his performance in MD (paired with Frans) and XD (paired with Meliana) is good. I believe he will have better results when he has better partner like Liliyana.

In IO 2009, he didn't have choice pairing with other player after Candra left him to play in Japan League. Even Anggun paired with Flandy Limpele, they lost to junior pair Ulin/Berry in Jakarta Open.

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

PBSI overlooks Rendra Wijaya several times. I do think that he's suited in playing XD, especially with his smashes.

10. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    So, who'll gonna Hendrawan as MS coach?
    From what I read in Bola, PBSI gives Marleve responsibility to coach MS as well? :confused:

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

12. Mel_Hahn

Mel_Hahn Regular Member

University Student
    I love this movie.. beautiful shots, good story, good acting, good music, great message..two thumbs up. It's worth watching..:D

13. Mel_Hahn

Mel_Hahn Regular Member

University Student
  14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

One Jakarta Post interesting editorial about INA badminton :

Editorial: Long search for a new King

The Jakarta Post | Wed, 06/24/2009 10:23 AM | Opinion

Our badminton players failed to put an end to their six month title drought before the loyal home crowd last week. The Indonesia Open, which concluded Sunday, surely marked the poorest performance of the nation once billed as the world’s strongest badminton powerhouse.

To add insult to injury, the only Indonesian shuttler to reach the championship match, Taufik Hidayat, is no longer part of the national training center in Cipayung, East Jakarta.

Of the six Super Series tournaments it has competed in this year, Indonesia has managed to bag just one title, brought home by mixed doubles pair Nova Widianto and Liliyana Natsir from the season opening Malaysia Open in January.

Chairman of the Badminton Association of Indonesia (PBSI), Djoko Santoso, has promised to take comprehensive measures to help the national players regain their former shape. Djoko, who is also an Indonesian Military (TNI) general, says the shuttlers need to improve their health, mental and playing standards in order to survive the tougher competition.

The same problems were identified after Indonesia returned home empty handed from the Sudirman Cup mixed team championship in May, not to mentions this year’s other tournaments. It seems Indonesian players have been unable to overcome challenges they have faced for years.

Although Indonesians have consistently won at least one gold medal at the Olympics since 1992, Indonesian badminton players have failed to advance to the final in the last three Thomas Cup men’s team championships, a tournament they have won a record 13 times.

The All England, the world’s most prestigious badminton tournament, has not seen any Indonesians claim a singles trophy since Hariyanto Arbi and Susi Susanti were victorious in their respective divisions in 1994. Tony Gunawan is the last Indonesian to have taken out the All England laurels, winning the men’s doubles with his US partner Howard Bach in 2005.

With Indonesia crumbling, China has retained its superpower status as other South Korea and Malaysia continue to offer strong opposition. Judging from the progress they have made, the two may, sooner or later, emerge as the teams to beat.

Some of the nation’s former badminton greats have voiced their concern over the government’s lack of support for our national players, particularly after they hang up their rackets. The fact that a badminton heroine like Tati Sumirah, who helped Indonesia lift the first ever Uber Cup women’s team title in 1975, now works as a cashier at a drugstore to make ends meet in her post-career life has deterred parents from encouraging their children to devote their lives to badminton. Even a former All England champion admits to persuading his children to focus on their studies rather than badminton.

Athletes and former athletes from other sports face the same life security problem. But badminton, the only sport Indonesia can rely on to win Olympic gold medals, is too precious an asset to die, as there are abundant talented players who should not be overlooked by the PBSI.

Perhaps it is due to the public’s mourning of the loss of badminton’s former glory days that a movie inspired by the life of living legend Liem Swie King, known for his “King jumping smash”, has been made; it is set to premier Thursday. Badminton enthusiasts are waiting not only for the movie, but for the PBSI to take action to restore the country’s pride. They expect the PBSI to do more to mold future Kings.

15. Mel_Hahn

Mel_Hahn Regular Member

University Student

I would say: Hear hear!

16. alisetan99

alisetan99 New Member

manager
    yeah... mana liem swie king, eddy hartono, hendrawan, rudy hartono, etc.???
    too many distractions in indo these days... too much tv, materialism, or probably from tough socio-economic situation... briefly in early 2000, there was hendrawan, tony gunawan, chandra,.. polticians with photo-taking opportunities...
    sports don't get much funding from govt in indo these days...

djarum is doing a commendable job, together with maybe ciputra group... but not easy,
    the distractions just too much.

yuk! kita bangun lagi.

17. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    The "King" an inspiration to the nation

Indonesian presidential candidate Megawati, after watching a new badminton film titled "King", based on the life of Indonesia's badminton great Liem Swie King, says the film will inspire people across the country.
    Maybe, our Indonesian friends who have watched this film can share something with us.

18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    All I know is that Jonathan is a student of PB. Tangkas... While the main actor, who plays Guntur, is a student of PB. Jaya Raya... Alenia pictures tried to cast kids of PB. Djarum, but none were talented in acting... :p

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

20. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I did watch it during Premier....eventhough the movie is nothing to do with Lim Swie King...but I have been told that King's childhood is similar to the movie...for example: his father is hard on him, etc..
    The movie has more than enough inspiration...there is a moment when whining father did not say the word..thats the best moment and you feel how proud he is and his loving tender care eventhough he did not show it...
    There are few funny moments and some characters are not supposed to be there..I guess...

I did take a pic with LSK after the premier....:D..