Yonex ArcSaber Z Slash Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Jul 26, 2009.

1. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I think it is a different approach in R&D. Yonex seem to do in-lab R&D and do not involve the pros until very close to release, when the racket specs are pretty much fixed. Li-Ning seem to take the R&D path of jointly develop and "tweak" based on national players input. Victor seem to sit somewere in between and innovate and create large amount of models, tryinge different tech, for their pros to try out.

/Twobeer

2. lalalala

lalalala Regular Member

Student
    They do in-lab R&D to have improve on their nano-technology. I have no idea how that helps, but i really like the feel of Arcsaber Z slash :D

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    haha.. the nano-research are done by other companies (producers of carbon fibers etc), that is not done by Yonex :) .. And I am happy if you like the Z :)

/T

4. lalalala

lalalala Regular Member

Student
    hahaha okayokay :) how you know! :D z slash is nice ;)

5. gavinloh

gavinloh Regular Member

Since we are in this Arc Z-Slash forum, I would like to inform you that Taufik string his BG at 33lbs for the tournoments. This is real as I see the receipt. So, dun worry about the tension issues here.

6. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Taufik used to string harder, I think he went down to 33lbs when he switched to bg-66, and btw he mostly uses the ARC-10 :D even though they made that special Taufik edition of the Z.

/Twobeer

#1926 twobeer, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  7. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

For curiosity sakes, you string at the mid 30s or high 30s, like 35/37 lbs.;)?

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

That's because he's sponsored.. can string till very high tension.. if racket frame crack or anything, he can change to a new racket anytime.

As for ppl like me who is poor, i can't afford to buy another Z Slash if my current Z slash racket break:D..

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Me, I usually string 30x33 or 30x32, But I am no taufik :-D

/Twobeer

10. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Wooow:cool:! That's pretty outta my league! For trials sake, yes. For real game play, heck I'm nowhere near...in fact, I now know I can handle it best at 27/29 after much experimentation!

Cheers,
    RvS

11. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

For those with a Zslash SP version, does it say SP at the bottom of the shaft to denote its a SP version ? I mean on the grip end if the shaft right below the two red arrow.
    I am looking to buy a used one and dont recall seeing the word SP on the shaft ??

12. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

Picked up a Z and tried it today. I definitely prefer it over a Arc10. To me, that extra speed it generates help me smash and defend better. I have been using an oval shape racket so the "smaller" sweet spot is not an issue at all. The backhand clear also feels a lot more powerful compare to the Arc10.
    For those who are old dog like myself and play long enough to experiment the Aerotus series, think the Z cut thru the air similar to the Aerotus 110 (think its same design concept.) IMHO, the Aerotus 110 is still the king when it comes to minimal air resistance !

13. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    The Taufik's Z-Slash has a much better paint job, IMHO. More serious than fun. The price is the same :) and it's a limited edition to boot :D

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    But it is still flexy and narrow :crying:

/T

15. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    It's the same racquet, but the colors are more serious. :D. I don't use it but I can live with it..collectors' item:)

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Hmmm... I am confused :eek:

Is there a difference between the Taufik Z Slash, and the normal Z Slash ? I tried the Taufik one tonight, and it actually felt great, i will need to try it a bit more, but i think it was actually quite good. I was actually quite suprised :)

17. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    There are the LCW's Armortec900P in yellow, Peter Gade's Arc10 in white and the Taufik's ArcZ in red/black/white. All three are signed respectively. The LCW's A900P looks great as well(as seen in the Commonwealth Games). All same prices as the regular ones.

18. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

i know all of this, it is just that the Arc Z TH feels better than the Arc ZS that i tried a couple of months ago, maybe i had an off day last time i tried it. The shaft is flexy, in comparsion to what i have been using before, but i think i may have to purchase a 3uG4 just for the fun of it.

I actually cant believe what i am saying, i have actually gave a complement to the Arc Z. Anyone notice that it plays better with a higher tension ? I was using 28lbs and it felt good.

@tckang, @ RvS watch this space. :)

19. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    ld_rules: im guessing you had a bad day before, or even you have improved to hit the sweetspot more consistently.
    i've decided to switch back to this racket as, i personally, like you have started to enjoy using this racket.
    the rackets dont have any differences.. had both in my hand last week and they feel the same

20. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

Played the ZS again last night and it is big step above the 10 in my mind. I can generate significantly more speed and power with the ZS. Although Yonex rated it more head heavy than the 10 according to their chart, it does not tire my wrist as much compared to the 10. So for me, its definitely a better racket. And I hit the sweet spot more consistently than the 10 as well.
    I do find I have to pay a little more attention/effort in net play to get it right tho. Overhead and backhand clear is effortless with the ZS. I like it !
    Havent tried the 9900 as no one I know has it, so cant compare the two.
    I play mostly double and my playing style is mostly control/placement, looking for opportunity to smash for the kill.