Yonex ArcSaber Z Slash Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Jul 26, 2009.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It is quite possible that i had a bad day when i last tried it, but when i last tried it, it wasnt as good as this time. This time was a lot better. It could also be possible that i have improved my consistency, i have been doing a lot of training on overheads and stuff, and a lot of consistency, so i dont rule it out.

Is it at all possible that the ArcZ i tried the first time wasnt up to QC, because it didnt play as well as the one i tried last night. i havent seen the guy that i borrowed the ArcZ from last time for a while so it will be difficult to try his again, but i will have another go with the ArcZSTH next week, and if i am satisfied i will maybe get one.

Btw babyface, did you buy 2 pieces of the limited ArcZ or two pieces of the normal ArcZ ?

2. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Giving up your SW35??

3. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Amen :D
    Told you it is not a sissy racket :p mine is all at 29lbs ....only one word = SYOK

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Haha, dont try and make me laugh :p its far too early in this part of the world, for laughing.:D i would only be adding to my rather small collection of rackets. I think i need more testing before deciding to buy an Arc Z, before i would ever consider giving up the SW35.:)

@tckang, correct me if i am wrong but i dont think i ever said it was a sissy racket :p:p however i am actually convinced that the first time i tried the racket, that there was something wrong with that Arc Z, as it performed poorly in comparison to the one i tried the other night. 28lbs+ seems a good tension for the racket.:)

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Looking at the YY sponsored players in Denmark Open I think it is quite fair to call it a sissy racket. Mostly girls using it (with some notable exceptions of Tago, Matuseak)

/Twobeer

6. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    i know about 8 ppl with this racket atleast 5 of which have already reverted back to there old favourites as there power and general game went down the pan with this racket. The others still insist its good even though there game is noticably worse.

7. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Now that I've sold my ARC ZS JP 2uG4...and you're telling us sorta. kinda like the Arc ZS TH? My personal opinion would be that you had a really great day when you toyed with the TH. Maybe another day will be totally different. Please let us know the shelf life of your SW35 as per latest encounter with the TH:D!

#1947 RSLvictorSOTX, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  8. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Winex's version of the ArcZ. Why cant Yonex come up with such colors? :D

Attached Files:

9. starsugar

starsugar Regular Member

weird looking but the painting looks alike like YY Zs.. Copycat..!!

10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I am going to try out the ArcZ again on wednesday, if it is any good, i will maybe get one, sort of looking forward to it :)

Btw the Winex Green version looks cool. :p

11. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    been using it for the whole of the day in 2 sessions for both singles and doubles... and in comparison with before (my initial purchase) the racket is indeed nice to use. i think out of all the rackets i have used, this could be the keeper (for me)

12. kaifah

kaifah Regular Member

student
    right now im using apacs arc saber z spark..im really love it....cmpre to yonex arc saber z slash..i mre prefer on apacs one....u need to try first..

13. jordanbryant

jordanbryant Regular Member

none
    were can you get those winex racket's from??? they look awsome :)

14. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    anyone notice any performance diff between Arc ZS TH and Arc ZS ?

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

This has been covered before, please search instead of posting questions, that have been asked before.

16. nickspeed9900

nickspeed9900 Regular Member

RJCAF
    There is a tiny little paint chip on my ArcSaber ZTH, you know the upper part of the cap where it meets the shaft... Anyone has that? I was wondering if it's due to overflex during gameplay... (My ArcZ is a genuine Yonex)

17. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    If it breaks within 6 months from purchase date, then it will be replaced under warranty :)

18. jairbak

jairbak Regular Member

Hello guys,

I got my arcsaber z slash on monday played with it twice and wanted to say someting about it :).
    I know you've read a lot of thoughts about the z slash already some bad some good but ok here goes.

When I Got the Z slash and I felt and swingt with it I was like wow it is the same weight as the arc 10 but It feels lighter and I was happy about this :p.
    So During my warmups I felt that the racket was faster than the arc 10 and also the suttle travels much faster trough the air.
    Drops went over perfecty and net drops were also good only problem I had and still have a bit is smashes and like push shots at the net, because the racket is stiffer (or feels stiffer) then the arc 10 I have to get used to the feeling. But I'll get used to that.

But anyway, if their is anyone who is looking for a racket and is considering the arc Z, take it. You WILL get used to the headshape and the stifnness and it is a good overall racket leaning towards an atacking racket :

19. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Agree!!
    Good Review !!

20. yumyumtaco

yumyumtaco Regular Member

I purchased an Arc Z and swung it around a couple times. I don't see why everybody thinks this racquet is super fast. In my opinion, racquets such as victor brave sword 10 or apacs lethal 90 are much faster.