Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. miss.boon

miss.boon Regular Member

disagree

during morten frost 1st tenure in malaysia, he didn't win anything although promised much.
    even as a player, frost was never world champion and always lose to han jian, icuk, and later yang yang.

it is better to get local coach who understands the player than any foreigner can ever do.

2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Ah Chong, can you request for Frosty man to train you? If BAM don't agree, then you can boycott them and go independent and hire Frost.

Last chance for you. You are not getting younger. ;)

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    He did his best. LCW played and gave his all. LinDan is still the superior player on court. CW almost nicked it. Now BAM have to do their homework. Malaysia need more players desperately. Worse come to worse, go import talents from China.

4. extremenanopowe

So, I guess miss.boon is a close ally to a malaysian coach huh? Which one? Who do you prefer then? Please suggest and not just oppose. ;) You chose misbun?

There are people who are better in theory and practical. Same goes to Li Yong Bo. Was he a singles player? He got good badminton brain. ;)

I do support malaysian players, I have to agree that their mental is weaker than the chinese or others. So, you need a good coach who can motivate them well. Not just the skills part. The skill is at par with Lin Dan. Who can motivate LCW better now? TSB? Rashid again? Misbun? Who is more capable now?

Maybe we should get a voting system? ;) Mod ??

#6224 extremenanopowe, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  5. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

TSB is obviously better mentally for LCW. Now it's not about skills, it is someone who can instill the positive mindset into LCW. Look at the difference in LCW's confidence since parting with Misbun. Still not strong I dare say, but above average.

6. victory

victory Regular Member

Ha ha it seems to me somebody sent someone to lobby for a job. :eek:

I tell you what happen to Frost when he became a coach in Malaysia.

He promised too much but delivered very little. At one time he even confess that he almost couldn't cope with the pressure for being a coach. He said as a player he can have control. But as a coach he can only sit back and give some advice. The rest is up to the players. He was so tense he almost could not cope. He is the only one badminton coach that I have seen saying these things. And I remember seeing his tense face in TV with his hands wrap around his chest. Ha ha Morten Frost!

I am old enough to follow badminton all these years start from Han Jian period.

And here there is a guy that think he knows a lot trying to impress with his Morton Frosty thingy............

Need Coaching? Give me a break. Soh Soh Dei...........

7. victory

victory Regular Member

TSB is good. Earlier someone said local coach knows LCW better. I total agree with it.

8. extremenanopowe

lol. I see many anti Frost is popping up. lol. Good one.

eh.. I tot TSB was given chances already? TSB punya kawan right??? welcome to BC. ;)

During frost time, I believe the halls are still not air conditioned. Some people says he's hopeless in Asia. Can't do much.

Why don't you recommend one? Be proactive man. Don't be sort sort dei and and allow a local to do the same mistake la dei.....

During his time of coaching, who got talent and opportunity to win the big one?? It's all under the table job right? ;)

I still don't see anyone contributing in naming some coaches here. Scared to take the heat??? ;) Camon. It's just words. No one is going to nail you. If you don't nominate, it's considered balless kawan. ;)

At least Frost stick out his neck infront of the world to comment. Where are the Malaysian coaches? Even RTM also don't bother to invite any of them. ;)

The question I would place to BAM is, are they going to continue with the existing coaches? What are the views of most BCers? Can we have a vote? Democracy kawan. Dun be shy. It's just numbers. Don't take it too hard. If you are a friend of TSB and if he is booted out, never mind lah. At leash he won MO and IO with LCW.

Frost is paying me alright... is that correct Mr Frost? Give me 1 racket autograph by you ok? lmao...

#6228 extremenanopowe, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  9. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Mar Dah Fockers

I agree with ct3833 and chriscc.

Although many of us feel sad for the 'so near yet so far' win for LCW, I feel that those who still undermine and under appreciate his contributions to Malaysia, THESE PEOPLE are total 'shithea!#'.

And again, no one else(not only in Malaysia) but in this region could play at the level that is even close to him. So far, year-to-date he had won 43 out of the 45 games he played, we should respect his courage, determination and sportsmanship instead of being so critical about him just because of one game.

10. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    You are right dead on point, flite. Tuakilan's views are childish and to say lin dan smash him to pieces is uncalled for. I mean, our boy is in tears after the match. Give him a break.

11. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Beats out my mind too. I mean even Lin Dan fans feel bad for LCW rite? Where do these TROLLs come from?

12. extremenanopowe

Appreciate your support for him. Everyone wants to see him successful. Now the question is, do you want a same coaching setup or you want to risk it for OG12? Camon man...mali mali... Let's help out this poor chap here. You know he can win a big one. Do you think he is good enough to win a big one with current set up?? It's just a simple yes or no and nothing 'maybe' about it. If no, who would you like to see? No venture no gain mate... ;)

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

The best out of this guy has been displayed in the match yesterday. But still it's still not good enough to land MAS 1st ever WC. I really hope LEE CHONG wei can buck up and play the badminton he's been playing all these while and don't lose hope and confidence. I like his determination as interviewed by the star and he will bounce back. I hope he will gets some rest now and don't ever give up..

14. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Since it is just a name and I don't want to be called "balless" which is a new word to me, may I suggest :

Xia XuanZe. He knows all about Lin Dan's play. If you can't beat your opponent (I don't want to use the word enemy), then what's better than to hire his coach?

C'mon...Heard of - Everyone has a price?
    Many CHN coaches work in other sports outside CHN.

We are all very sad about this situation. Need to let off steam.

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

This is what his coach got to say.
    [video=youtube;aePoLnomHF8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aePoLnomHF8[/video]

16. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Sometimes being a coach is more than a 'do this and do that' kind of arrangement for his boys. It's also that extra convincing 'push' by what you say to your boys to suck it up and believe that they can do it.

If you watch LD in the deciding game, when it was time to take a breather, again the coaches showered all the technical 'brainy' advices on him. LD did not even bother to listen. He just walk back to the court and never even give a hint of acknowledgement. LD believed he could do it although he was trailing behind.

I like to make a technical comment on the deciding game too. If you had watched the game closely, Lin Dan's tactics was to play drives and not lift the shuttle too high thereby giving chances to LCW to fire his trademark smashes. He just pushed the shuttle back parallel or lift the shuttle low but in fast paced shots. These also helps in forcing your opponent to make errors especially in really high pressure decider games like yesterday.

Also Lin Dan was guarding the sidelines more intently and if you watch the smashes that gain points for LCW are the smashes that were toward the middle court suddenly left unguarded by LD.

Also what impresses me about LD is this. 8 out of his 10 playings at the net are always happy net shots. With these high rates of happy net shots, it sure looks like he could do it at will. I am sure LCW is good at the net also, but not as nerve tingling as LD's. LD knows how to maneuver the shuttle to force a lift to his back court so he can be ready for his stinging smashes. This is what LD does better than LCW.

17. julianng

julianng Regular Member

LOL, this is very true praline.

You really hit the spot.

There are a lot of questionable issues in Boleh-land mentality.

All this does not help LCW at all.

18. victory

victory Regular Member

Relax buddy. There are a lot of childish and egoistic fellows in any forum trying to get attention. There is no exception in this forum. When you hang around long enough you recognize them.

19. extremenanopowe

When I read the papers on CTC being impressed with LCW netting and that he can do it 2 times in a row... was like.. whoa... sure win already.

And like Pakito said about LD net, I really agree that LD netting is much better. Frost also mentioned that LCW was not committing to follow up on his netting. This is mental. I think LCW must have forgotten what he have to do when it comes to pressure cooking time. Short circuit big time. ;) Did TSB remind him to follow up?? ;) All he need is 1 follow up and he wins it. ;)

In AE, I notice LD was not as agressive as this one. Do you agree?

This is a forum buddy.. its a great place to agree and disagree... those quiet type can belah for not contributing. Just absorb only. Speechless... Don't waste hope la fren...contribute.. contribute.. it is for your own country... dun tell me you gave up? lol.

#6239 extremenanopowe, Aug 15, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  20. freakout89

freakout89 Regular Member

LD is more serious this time