Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. bunbun

bunbun Regular Member

Ns8000

Last time i had NS8000 ..sorry regarding NS7000 6600 4500 or 3000 ..i never had...:D

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    The problem with that, is that it encourages beginners to play with their arm and not their wrist, because they end up having the weight in the head 'lead them around' the court which when I started made me feel less in control.

Everyone is different though, and it depends a lot on how strong you are. If you're a strong beginner you may be able to handle a head-heavy racket, but generally I think beginners should be looking at even weighted, solid rackets like the BS09, Arc7 and their ilk.

I think there's some merit for certain beginners trying a slight head-heavy with a mid flex shaft, like the AT Tour and BS11, because it helps with power delivery, but something like the Voltric 80??

Yet to be convinced.

Anyway, being that it's the 'holy grail' and all, I'll probably buy one and if it's not, can I send you the bill, Paul?

;)

3. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    I don't know if you can see it but the type of personality you are giving off is full of disrespect for suppression of a better word. I don't know what he did to you but he must have done something horrible in return for how you are addressing him.

Paul never made any direct relationship between the "less experienced players" and specifically the "Voltric 80", he was simply suggesting the idea of head heavy racquets.

Paul says that all of his reviews are interpretations of his use with the racquet and are to be used as guidelines as with pretty much all reviews. Nice attempt at an insult.

4. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Don't be such a wuss.

For starters, if you think my post is an insult, then you really should either grow thicker skin or don't venture outdoors. I respect Pauls views as much as the next guys, but I also respect my right to disagree, counter argument, and have a bit of fun. It's not an attempt at an insult, because it's not an insult.

And I know he was not making a direct recommendation for the VT80 for beginners. He was making a suggestion for head heavy rackets for beginners (This is the VT80 thread and his review was for the VT80, right?), and I have proposed a counter-argument.

I don't give a rat's if you can't handle dialogue. Make sure to surround yourself with 'yes' men so your don't suffer from too much consternation.

#484 Maklike Tier, Mar 19, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  5. - иεvvεи٭т -ツ

- иεvvεи٭т -ツ Regular Member

Wizard / Chief Potato
    Lol... Voltric 80 talk please.

6. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Wiser words hath never been spoken!

7. jokarenshum

jokarenshum Regular Member

hi all, i have been visiting the forum but never posting much.

my 20 years old YY rackets (2 of them) broke the same day, talk about bad luck.
    i bought the new VT80. have to say, for the first game, it took me by surprise a bit of how tiring it brought on me, one game feels like playing two games. the smashing sound did sound different, but the placement was very accurate of where i want to put the shuttle. interesting mixed feeling.

this week i used it again for 3 hours, and this time i am totally loving it. once i got passed using a little bit of extra energy, it is really quite fun. still sweat like crazy but equally enjoyable with the smashing and placement. even drop shots are nice.

8. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

Maybe u like to tell us wat are the models of yr old yy rackets?

9. jokarenshum

they are carbonex 21 and aerotus 110.

10. ieim_17

ieim_17 Regular Member

Student

Having come from the same experience.....this racket is really an energy sucking racket. been playing with headlight/balance racket for some years but after 3-4 sessions, i finally getting used to it

11. whenry

whenry Regular Member

Hi all, any comparison between VT80 and victor MX80. Kind of comparing aple with aple?

12. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Guys let's keep to the topic as someone has already said.

Maklike is entitled to his opinion. We haven't had bad words in the past. Whilst I found his reference to liking me with P.T. Barnum offensive, because he was known as a showman and almost a clever deceiver, he's entitled to comment even though I've never coached him.

I receive around 20-30 emails per week from players around the world asking me which racquet is best. I give the same answer, pick them up and test as I can't be the judge for them - we're all too different and i haven't even seen the player in action.

I happen to think the Voltric 80 is the best Yonex racquet I've ever played with. However, you may think it's terrible. That's OK. My review is my opinion based on a lot of badminton experience and a very fortunate position of being able to test a lot of racquets for comparison.

I've yet to test Voltric 5 and 7. I won't get the chance this week, but I may have a go at my next residential coaching weekend which is only a few days away.

So look out for more Voltric reviews.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

13. drrwong

drrwong Regular Member

fund manager
    For me, the main difference between the MX80 and VT 80 are:
    - Feel: MX80 is much more lively (ie: more feedback) and the racquet seems more instantly repulsive (to the bird). VT80 on the other hand has more subdued feel and the racquet seems to hold the birdie for a bit longer before taking off (which is true for most YY racquets)
    - Mobility: MX80 is more agile than VT80, so likely a better candidate for doubles for a typical rec player (i know the Danes use VT to win AE2011, but they are not your typical doubles player and they cannot go outside of YY racquets because of their sponsorship)
    - Power: VT80 has more oomph than MX80, although it will take good technique and wrist strength to unleash it
    - Netting: VT80 probably a bit better here for me, but it comes down to your feel of the racquet, I think..

I am not saying which one is better, as it differs person from person, but these are my general observation after playing a weekend with these racquets.

14. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Very interesting choice of words;).

Noticed there's already a VT80 vs MX80 thread? Probably you can throw in a direct head to head comparison also with the BS10, BS11, SW35, VT80 & MX80 since all the talks have been revolving around these sticks? Cheers.

#494 RSLvictorSOTX, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  15. whenry

whenry Regular Member

@ drrwong. Thanks for your review

16. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

i bet your 20 years old racket is more heavier than VT80. Are you sure handling VT80 is more tiring?

17. jokarenshum

I thought so too, mine are carbonex 21 and aerotus 110, not exactly light but somehow the VT 80 does consume more energy and it was obvious.

18. tahawk

tahawk Regular Member

none
    just waiting apacs cloning this weapon.. apacs doing a very great jobs when cloning peter gade AS10.. so hope they do it again.. lol..

19. Cattex

Cattex Regular Member

The VT80 is garnering very positive reviews all over the place.

It sounds like a very good racket for an attacking player.

I have read a couple of comments from people (Kwun being one of them) that say you need very good technique / strength to make the most of the power generation potential of the VT80. I am assuming this is at least in part due to the shaft stiffness.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the stiffness of the VT80 compares to the ARC10 and the AT700? (the two other rackets I play with).

I'm very unlikely to get a chanced to play with a VT80 before ordering one (were I to do so) and therefore any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :D

20. shanepaul86

shanepaul86 Regular Member

student
    Hi there,

I am currently using AT900t as my main rackets. So how was VT80 when compare with AT900t?