Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

What a lot of people are forgetting is that during the older times there were not as many talented competitors of the same generation as of now.

Right now there are a lot more talented players rising out constantly than there was at those times. Truth is, it is a lot harder to maintain one's physical status especially with the increasing speeds of current games and the increasing physical stress that each player puts upon himself to keep up.

What people are forgetting also is that they would keep mentioning LCW's commitment and physical capability by reaching every final in each tournament he participated and winning most from August 2010 to August 2011 but they don't realise that all other professional players would work to peak at the more important World Championship. In other words of everyone is peaking at WC including LD and LCW, it would mean that at everyone's physical peak, LD is the undisputed champion of all.

2. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    whatever you said...

i also can say "wished players like Rudy, Liem SK, Icuk, Yang Yang, Morten Frost AND LINDAN" have a match with me, i can beat them convincingly

hahahahahaha

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Man...., a book can be written in this thread. lol. ;)

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    since when peter is invincible in england where he only won once?

5. King's

King's Regular Member

Bear in mind though that at the very physical peaks of those names mentioned, the training equipment, regimen, facilities, conditions and nutritions are different. Coaching methods too are different. Who beats who or who is best is really down to our own individual biases, frankly. Looking at the records alone doesn't do complete and comprehensive justice to all those champions because we can never be able to factor in everything!

6. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Only a genius can measure them. lol. Given that every resources given is equal. ;)

I bet then next CL fan coming to BC will say CL is the best. ;)

7. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Yes, we can and it's called personal opinion :D

8. King's

King's Regular Member

Personal opinion is not a true measure although we are entitled to one or two maybe three to the extent we can't make up our minds at corssroads.:) Cheers.

9. King's

King's Regular Member

That is definitely true. I bet the very people who backs one of those greats will effectively shift their weight once the new sheriff (armed with accolades and insurmountable achievements to boot) is in town!;)

10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Of course, it is not a true measure :) That's why I put the ":D" at the end. Cheers too!

#2750 pBmMalaysia, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  11. winnie-kid

winnie-kid Regular Member

college student
    :D
    there're various reasons...one is that the competition inside Chinese team is too severe for those who can not sustain and there're also many young talents surge.For the "old" athletes(no offense),they choose to leave because of the intensive competition as well as physical considerations;for the authorities, they hope those not in their peak time players leave,so more opportunities could be left for the young and potential ones.That's also a reason why ZhangNing is uneasy to win her first Olympics Champion at her 30, she face not only challenges from foreign players,herself,pressures , physical conditions and young teammates,etc
    As for LCW, I believe he has to perform well every match because the situations in Mala are different from those in China.He is the representativeand hope of May,Malaysian badminton Federation expect him to do his best in international matches so that they can get enough financial support from enterprises

12. King's

King's Regular Member

Lin Dan the greatest, says Peter Gade

March 06, 2012 22:40
    By Agencies

Peter Gade, the former world No.1 from Denmark, will complete a record which is never likely to be broken when he plays his last All England Open starting at Britain's national indoor arena today.

After competing at the highest level for 17 years and winning the All England more than a decade ago, the fourth-seeded Gade remains a leading contender, a remarkable achievement given the increasing speed of the modern game.

When the 35-year-old retires soon after the Olympic Games at London in August, he will have been by far the longest lasting top level men's singles player the professional game has ever seen.

The slim, light-footed mover from Copenhagen would love to end on a high, but he is in the same quarter as Lee Chong Wei, the top-seeded defending champion from Malaysia.

"The first part of my job is done," Gade said, having qualified nice and early for the Olympic Games. "So I have had three weeks where I've been able just to work toward the All England"

However, his draw is tough right through. His first round is against England's Rajiv Ouseph.

Gade could then face Boonsak Ponsana, the former world No.4 from Thailand, with a possible quarterfinal against the eighth-seeded Lee Hyun-il from Korea.

Gade's may not the only significant goodbye. At least two other legends of badminton, Taufik Hidayat, the former Olympic and world champion from Indonesia, and Lee Chong Wei, are suggesting they may stop after London 2012.

Possibly a fourth, Lin Dan, the Olympic and world champion, will also call it a day.

It is Lin who is the greatest of them all, according to Gade. Among those the Dane has beaten are Hidayat and Heryanto Arbi of Indonesia, Poul-Erik Hoyer-Larsen, his fellow Dane, and Sun Jun, Dong Jiong, Chen Hong, and Lin himself.

"But there is no doubt that Lin Dan is the best of them," Gade says of the brilliantly versatile left-hander who is seeded second behind Lee this week. "I don't think that anyone is close to him, to be honest.

"I think he made a point at the world championships," Gade said of Lin's close win over Lee in one of the all-time great matches in the final at Wembley in August.

"It was incredible. It was not the best Lin Dan has played, but his mental attitude was the best. And he is the best player ever."

Global Times

13. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student

Yes, LD almost get it.. But his retired/walkover happening in a tournament cause LD don't deserve it, IMHO :)

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Badminton: Lin Dan the greatest, says record-breaking Gade
    Posted: 06 March 2012 1431 hrs

Lin Dan of China (AFP PHOTO/Peter PARKS)

BIRMINGHAM, England: Peter Gade, the former world number one from Denmark, will complete a record which is never likely to be broken when he plays his last All-England Open starting at Britain's national indoor arena on Wednesday.

After competing at the highest level for 17 years and winning the All-England more than a decade ago, the fourth-seeded Gade remains a leading contender - a remarkable achievement given the increasing speed of the modern game.

When the 35-year-old retires soon after the Olympic Games at London in August, he will have been by far the longest lasting top level men's singles player the professional game has ever seen.

Gade's may not the only significant goodbye. At least two other legends of badminton - Taufik Hidayat, the former Olympic and world champion from Indonesia, and Lee Chong Wei himself - are suggesting they may stop after London 2012.

Possibly a fourth, Lin Dan, the Olympic and World champion, will also call it a day, something which might make it significantly harder to attract sponsors and large crowds.

It is Lin who is the greatest of them all, according to Gade. Among those the Dane has beaten are Hidayat and Heryanto Arbi of Indonesia, Poul-Erik Hoyer-Larsen, his fellow Dane, and Sun Jun, Dong Jiong, Chen Hong, and Lin himself.

"But there is no doubt that Lin Dan is the best of them," Gade says of the brilliantly versatile left-hander who is seeded second behind Lee this week. "I don't think that anyone is close to him, to be honest.

"I think he made a point at the world championships," Gade added referring to Lin's close win over Lee in one of the all-time great matches in the final at Wembley in August.

"It was incredible. It was not the best Lin Dan has played, but his mental attitude was the best. And he is the best player ever."

The slim, light-footed mover from Copenhagen would love to end on a high, but he is in the same quarter as Lee Chong Wei, the top-seeded defending All-England champion from Malaysia.

"The first part of my job is done," Gade said, having qualified nice and early for the Olympics. "So I have had three weeks where I've been able just to work towards the All-England.

"I have had time to get a feeling of what is good and bad (in my game). Hopefully it will bring a good All-England. I take that as of high importance."

However, his draw is tough right through. His first round is against Rajiv Ouseph, the former top 20 player from England, who took him to three games at the Copenhagen Masters in December and who will this time have plenty crowd support.

Gade could then face Boonsak Ponsana, the former world number four from Thailand, with a possible quarter-final against the eighth-seeded Lee Hyun-Il, a former world number one from Korea.

To survive all this, he may need all his enduring resilience.

Asked how he had managed to maintain that for so long, Gade said: "It has been a matter of life style.

"It's a matter of trying to get the best out of every area, not only on court but off court - how to eat, sleep, and take care of yourself."

- AFP/fa

15. cclau74

cclau74 Regular Member

[h=1]New Recording Artist - Superstar Lin Dan
    [/h][video=youtube;TZe8U4EeVzQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZe8U4EeVzQ&feature=g-u-u&context=G288f108FUAAAAAAAAAA[/video]

16. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student

Based on the video, showing LD (when singing) had a tatto or just writing on the left arm. Is it right?

17. ccsmasher

ccsmasher New Member

student
    omg did lin dan get himself all tattoo'd up?

18. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    On the other hand they would have won none of them if there had been a player of LDs caliber around in his era :)

19. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Saw his tattoo on his left hand, i think..

20. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    In my honest opinion, it is very hard to compare players between different eras. Simply because several reasons described above which are mainly due to different in training regime, equipment, & degree of competition at that time. Not to mention that players in the modern age have a huge advantage from advices given by their seniors, for example: LD & TXH, MS & LCW, & many more.

Perhaps, along with the revolutionary invention of Time Machine, provided they are able to invent it, of course. We then might be able to bring back any players from different eras which aged around 5 years old, & being trained with identical training regime, nutrition, EQ, & whatsoever. Then after several years of competition from young to their middle age, we then might judge who is the best & who is slightly below par by the same BWF ranking system.

In my opinion, we need to wait some times before we can make those claims.