Post videos of yourself playing

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GTAveteran, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    (I hope this doesn't sound patronizing.)

If the 'great backhand' and 'amazing backhand' you've mentioned are anything like those in the posted video, then we are missing something here :eek:

Undoubtedly, those are well-executed shots.
    But they are hardly great, much less amazing.
    Most advanced players hit much better than that.
    And note that we are not talking about professionals.

2. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

You mean he is a coach from Indonesia? :eek::eek::eek::eek: No disrespect, but he just doesn't seems that strong from the video (hardly at Provincial/State level), let alone as superior as Taufik :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. Maybe there are other videos of him playing at higher level competition?

Now imagine LCW couldn't retrieve his backhand smash.... :p

#342 Wong8Egg, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  3. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

I have a feeling that Mr. Holvy DePauw from California's Smash City could give him a good run for his money, without the backhand.

as for the backhands being the same level, Oldhand and Wong8egg have explained it to ddeath.

4. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Yea...I do that too. I've been nailed by smashes at the back of my head and neck a few times, and it hurts.

I was taught not to execute backhand unless necessary (Yes, I've been coached in China...Good Guess). My coach used to say unless you are very comfortable that your backhand can get a very nice distance or create threat, don't use it. It's wiser to arch your back and do forehand.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Ohh, that one..

..ohh, that Andy. Yes, i've seen him played before and i would say his backhand, **amongst regular/social players**, is pretty good. Quite strong; his overall strokes/technique are pretty good. It's a bit hard to tell from the video. However, once you move him around the court and it's probably a different story.:p
    His backhand clips @:
    3:46
    3:52
    4:12
    4:48
    6:36
    But i don't think he's a coach or was a coach, at least not here in the U.S. He might've played for a club some time ago back in Indonesia, thus he developed his skills.
    ..yeah, that little kid in the red t-shirt looks pretty good. Is he Indonesian? Man, i've gotta make some time available to play @ ABC, again.:p

#345 ctjcad, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  6. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    mmmm he has a good backhand but as mentioned only in social play.
    If your talking in terms of top level competition? and comparing to taufik......come on.....taufiks style and technique is far superior to that of your friends.
    I also didnt like the fact that he spins on most of his backhand shots lol...

But on average he is quite strong. Just no where near as good as your portraying.

7. uncle_peanuts

uncle_peanuts Regular Member

student of badminton
    you're comparing someone who is amateur at best to a former olympic and world champion...please give you head a shake. i would give up the sport of badminton if that guys backhand skills are as good as taufiks.

kid in the red: he's good if he's between the age of 10-12, if he's 13-14> then i wouldnt be overly impressed

#347 uncle_peanuts, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  8. SuperBird

SuperBird Regular Member

Doctor
    "you're comparing someone who is amateur at best to a former olympic and world champion...please give you head a shake. i would give up the sport of badminton if that guys backhand skills are as good as taufiks."------->>>I totally agree with you, I might Over rated HIM since I saw Taufik at SGVBC playing and hitting with his backhand--Maybe he was not playing at his full potential in the US. Since US competitor is no Match for HIM...Taufik just Toying with Them........

9. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

WOW, what a difference a year or two makes!! :rolleyes:

10. uncle_peanuts

uncle_peanuts Regular Member

student of badminton
    i sense some sacrasm here.

the difference between a 10-12 and 14-15 is very big. the most important being a substantial physical difference (strength, height) due to puberty. a 14 year old is generally at least 3-5 inches taller than a 10-12 year old boy and is much more physically developed. why? 10-12 is to young to be weight training so the players are capped by their natural physical ability. 14-15 year old players usually start moderate weight training increasing strength, stamina and explosive power.

also, the skill development that takes place between a 2 year span for player who is so young should not be overlooked.

11. hiroisuke

hiroisuke Regular Member

Student
    This is from two years ago, when I was a junior in high school, playing singles for my team. Some of the video unfortunately, is a bit off-center and I even disappear for a few moments during the video, although I will take this moment to say that there's a point when I am fairly off-camera and my teammates start yelling. That's because most of them have never seen a through-the-legs shot, haha. In any case, it's fairly obvious that I spend a lot of the time playing defense, which is a big weakness I had back then.

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m162/hiroisuke/Badminton/?action=view&current=MOV01498.flv

12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

what happened to all the videos !
    I may post another in a few days but does anyone else have any in the meantime

13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Yeah I got comprehensivly beaten in that tournament it was really due to a knee injury (osgood schlatters)

14. krisss

krisss Regular Member

osgood schlatters :eek:!

Doesn't that take a lot of time to heal! Like a year?

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It can do it depends how long you leave it unattended
    I went to the doctor in late feburay and was told not to do serios training for a three - four weeks and from then on I had to have a support band on my knee till late June then I have been on holiday for the first few weeks in july ( hence why I didn't post) and came back and it felt fine know of feels good as knew

16. SAMUDERAINDIA

SAMUDERAINDIA Regular Member

Finance Manager
  17. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I actually haven't been playing to record anything. My wrist has been injured since the posting of my first video. :(

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Not too shabby..

..that level of play would earn at least a Level C if not Level B here in the U.S. (Level A is usually the top, semi-pro or pro level).
    Your opponent, wearing the black shorts, is pretty good. Played so relax. A lot of trick, wrist shots...good stamina, too, with those jumpsmashes..:cool:

19. SAMUDERAINDIA

SAMUDERAINDIA Regular Member

Finance Manager
    Level C, really???

Here we just "kampong" player, like just neighborhood social player, like level Z maybe

He he I know my opponent is good, and he is 50 years old, and just recover from severe ankle injury couple months back and only like 160 cm tall.

That was first time we played, and we lost miserably :crying:.

20. krisss

krisss Regular Member

SAMUDERAINDIA

I havn't seen , the whole video - only looked at it briefly.

First thing I noticed , is you did lift the serves a lot of the time?

Although I am not sure , I will re-watch the videos soon.