Yonex Rackets in Bangkok

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by anakin, May 9, 2005.

1. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

i cant really remember the shop name but it was either one of those shops. if you can speak a little bit of thai, then just simply ask the boss. don't ask the staff since he/she won't give off even 1 satang for you. and by the way, don't forget to check the 3U or 4U version of the racket. i wasn't pay too much attention to the racket when they string it for me. I remember the staff showed me 3U version, then i got a deal off Bt 1000, left the shop for while instead of waiting for the stringing, then when i received it and checked it carefully later after 3 days of purchase..i notice they had switched it to 4U version!!

2. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Ya, Victor racquets are not sold at Sports Marketing. I know First Sports sells Yonex, Gosen, Victor and Li Ning whereas Sports Marketing sells Yonex, Kumpoo, Tailai and some other brands.

3. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    i dont chk the other racket price coz i am more interest to join the z slash fans...hehe
    despite no free string and added 3% credit card charges its still much cheaper to buy at msia RM650 for this racket.
    save almost rm200..wow !! just bcoz its was printed with TH and not SP.

4. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    here some photo taken last week which still hot from bangkok..
    enjoy. bgk2.jpg . bgk1.jpg

ARCZSTH selling at Baht 4,500...by marketing sports

5. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Does First Sports or nearby shops behind National Stadium sell Kason rackets? I'm growing some interest of getting myself a Kason racket after seeing how Cai/Fu' effort in promoting Kason rackets.

There is a thai website for Kason (http://www.kasonthailand.com/shop.php) but the location of the dealers/shops is written in Thai. some help here would really be appreciated. There's a drop-down menu which i guess stated the district/province in Thailand?? Preferred Kason dealers/shops that are nearby BTS or malls in Bangkok area.

Thank you for the help.

6. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    First Sports sell Kason if I remembered correctly. But not many models.

If you want a more comprehensive range, go to Paragon Mall, the sports section of the department store has quite a comprehensive range.

BTW, you didn't read the thread on Fu/Cai's Kason racquet ? It seems like they are repainted racquets as the bottom of the handle showed Li Ning logo.

So you are buying Kason because they are promoting the brand ?

7. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Yes, i did read it. Kason racket was actually my very first racket back around 15-17 years ago.. when i was about to start my addiction to badminton. After broke it, i switched to Yonex & Wilson.. and recently just thinking of why not give it a try again although i knew Fu/Cai were just faking their Lining into Kason just to promote the brand again.

I also went through the Kason catalog (http://www.kasonthailand.com/files/kason_magazine_new.zip) and surprisingly the catalog was made completely in flash, very well-organized with complete products specs. I've never seen any sporting brand would go to such extend just to give a complete coverage to customers. So the least i could appreciate their (Cai/Fu & Kason) efforts is to try out Kason again.

Paragon Mall? do you mean Super Sports? i thought they were only selling Yonex, Wilson, Dunlop, & some random FBT brands. Maybe i'll just drop by First Sports & Paragon Mall when visiting Thlnd. I am looking for Kason TSF Arcustec 300A which is one of their hi-end & newest racket line.

Thank you for the info.

8. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    TSF300A is not their latest model, there is a 300TI which is a newer version.

It isn't cheap though, I think it cost more than 4000 baht after discount which makes me think twice about getting it.

Moreover, the grommet is special and you can't get it easily.

9. yaw78

yaw78 Regular Member

engineer
    Hi ,
    Anyone go to Bangkok ...??? any one can help to buy ARC-Z with Taufik Hidayat signature on it??? pls PM me, Thanks a lot

10. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

wooow... i thought Kason would cost less than baht 4000 as Kumpoo hi-end racket does. well, i'll have to think twice of getting it then. thnxs for the insight.

11. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    They have a new model, the TSF500. Comes in 2 color, red or blue but the specs for both seems the same though unlike the TSF300 where one is for Attack and the other is Defend.

The TSF500 still uses special grommet at the top, which stretches from 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock. This is a strip of grommet, much like the replacement one from Yonex.

12. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

you seem to know some Kason products. I don't see TSF500 nor TSF300Ti somewhere in Kason website (thai) and on their product catalog. Have you ever used Kason racket?

Okay, this one is out of topic, but i'm curious whether you know the pricing for Yonex Voltric 70, Victor SPIRA 21 & 22, & Victor BUMBLEBEE 01 & 02 (released on 1st Sept) in Bangkok. I assume you live in Bkk. I'd be visiting Bkk on this coming Dec and hoping to get 1 or 2 new rackets somewhere behind national stadium.

13. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I have seen TSF 300TI at Paragon Mall BKK and the TSF 500 at Li Ning store at ION Orchard.

Not sure about the pricing for Voltric 70 or Spira 21 in BKK but if I guess, the VT70 should be 4000 Baht or slightly less.

I live in Singapore, not BKK.

14. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    hi all,
    anyone visiting bangkok soon..
    can kindly help to check latest price for Yones Ti10..
    i think they no more selling with Gen2 version nowadays...

15. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Only 3rd gen Ti10 available in Bangkok. Not sure of the price.

Voltic 70 now available at Sports Marketing and First Sports. 4U G5 only. Didnt check the price as I was not keen on the racquet.

16. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    those who visit bgk plz kindly help to check price for
    voltic 70
    Ti10

thank you

17. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    bro,
    where i can get ti10 gen1 or gen2 in thailand...anyone from thai can help?

18. ycsia

ycsia Regular Member

just came back from bengkok , bought 2 racket from frist sport
    ns9900 42oo bath no string, gosen tenbu 3650 bath included string
    all no beg the price really good compare to malaysia

19. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Did you say Gosen Ryoga Tenbu cost you Baht 3,650 included string?? How did you end up paying at such price, i meant... really good deal you've got there! (Did you bargain with them or it was the fixed price they gave you?) About 7 months ago i was dying to have Gosen Tenbu but the price at First Sport was Baht 5,500 without string and no discount! Therefore i had to postpone my "wish-list racket" and bought Victor BS11 instead (I still barely used BS11 until now probably because i got 4U version and don't like it). Just last month i technically "begged" my Thai gf to buy me Victor Spira21 while still on promotion, cost Baht 4,500 and still haven't been able to "touch" it yet until next month when i visit Thlnd again. Ohh... now i gotta find good reasonable reasoning if ever wanna buy one more new racket!!.

20. ycsia

ycsia Regular Member

i no bargain at all, just direct asked the lady boss how much( it show Bath5900 at price list), the string is gosen string
    dunno what modal is pink color 1 and come with a black color beg.