Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. laonong

laonong Regular Member

Not very similar to me. After 2006 AG, TH always lost to LD. After 2008 OG, LD won one WC, AE, AG and many open titles. LD won more between LD-LCW matches, rate of win is around 2:1 which is similar to pre 2008

2. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

Well there are specific differences I think the general trend still holds.
    Restricting the time period to 2 years after their respective Olympic wins, Taufik holds a 3-1 against Lin Dan in 05/06 (WC05, SingaporeOpen05, and AG06 went to Taufik, while TC06 went to LD). It wasn't until 2007 that LD started to rewrite their H2H history.
    In 09/10, LD is 5-2 up against LCW (AE, Sudirman, CM , TC, AG vs Swiss, JO). That's quite similar in my books.

One also cannot deny that although LD did win a notable number of titles in these 2 years, his participation rate is far below his peak playing years (OG Qualification, for instance). He took part in 6 SSes in 2009, and another 6 in 2010 (compared to 11 in 2007). Taufik participated in close to that number of Open level tournaments in that period as well.

This is of course not to say who is better than who at which time, just interesting observations (imo) I've made browsing tournamentsoftware.

#1982 yamsyams, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  3. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    i think its always going to be difficult for players like LD and TH.. once you have reached the top, and won the top tournaments.. one may ask themselves.. why should i do it all over again.. the work, the practice etc.. especially when age is catching up to them..

4. laonong

laonong Regular Member

for yamsyams's post

I remember LD beat TH in AG06 two times and one in HK. do not remember other matches between them. But I do not think TH won more than LD during 2005-2006. Maybe you have more accurate data. The trends do not look similar.

5. laonong

laonong Regular Member

I think LD is a little different. He wants to win Olympic 2012 gold medal. After 2012, if he won, he may play another 2 years for Thomas cup or sudiman cup if CJ, CL, WZM are not good enough. If he lose, he may retire

6. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    i agree that LD is different and more focused than TH... but its inevitable that he does not play as much as he use to... the ae final showed this when playing a hardworking LCW. i too hope to see him back to form for the olympics!

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Chong Wei and Lin Dan just love fast cars
    By CHOW HOW BAN

GUANGZHOU: The great rivalry between badminton superstars Lee Chong Wei and Lin Dan has spiced up the sport but little do fans know that they actually share a common interest in fast cars.

Chong Wei, who beat his nemesis in the men’s singles final of the All-England last Sunday to retain the title, said they talked about their cars during the prize presentation.

“Whenever we meet each other, our topic of conversation will be cars,” Chong Wei was quoted by the Guangzhou Daily.

The Malaysian world No.1 shuttler is in Guangzhou to fulfil his obligations to play in two matches in the China Badminton Super League.

“I would usually ask Lin Dan: Did you change a new car? When he meets me, the question would be the same,” said Chong Wei in the report.

Chong Wei, 28, who is only one year older than his rival, revealed that both of them were driving Nissan GTRs and his was a sleek grey model while Lin Dan has a black one.

Chong Wei also has a BMW X6 coupe while Lin Dan also owns a Porsche and a Land Rover.

“He got more cars than me,” quipped Chong Wei.

On Thursday, Chong Wei overcame gutsy Du Pengyu of Zhejiang Yinjiang Club for a 14-21, 21-19, 21-10 win to help Guangzhou Yueyu Club levelled the overall score at 2-2 in the fourth match.

But Zhejiang won the tie 3-2 through Sang Yang-Xu Chen who outplayed Wang Zhengming-Chen Zhiben 21-16, 21-10 in the deciding mixed doubles match.

Chinese fans may miss another Chong Wei-Lin Dan showdown within a week when Guangzhou Yueyu meet Bayi Dongling Liangyou in today’s match.

Lin Dan, who maintained a 17-match unbeaten record throughout last season and this season in the league, said that he was still unsure whether he could play against Chong Wei as he would be busy with commercial shoot obligations.

With his win in the All-England, Chong Wei brought to an end to his two consecutive losses to Lin Dan at the Asian Games men’s singles final last November and the final of the Korean Open in January.

However, Lin Dan still holds a 17-8 win-loss record against Chong Wei.

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    he want or he forced to play by cba?

9. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

Ah right, forgot about the team event. I just followed the TS H2Hs and added in what I remembered. Though I still find their general attitude towards the sport similar.

10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    As Chris puts it, it concern the bwf ranking:)

Btw, we know these days bcl and cj are good players and can beat just anybody accept lcw and ld :)

11. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

yeap thats why..chn still dominates without LD and LCW.. to me the top 4 in the world are LD then LCW, CJ, BCL..then followed by TH and PG..CL is very good too but he is still inconsistent!

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    so far until now
    bcl yet to reach quater final in 2011
    even chen long and du py reach semi final

#1992 limsy, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011
  13. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

yeap but he doesnt lose to those fodder players mah..so far his form isnt good or his level has dropped..but the main point is he is still better than TH and PG. TH and PG may have reached the Quarter or Semis..but look at the draw..say what if LCW and LD always play each other in the first round and LD always wins..Cant say LCW is lousy cause he lost in the first round right?

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2011 Week 11 World Ranking Lists: Lin Dan has returned to No.2

BWF has released the 2011 Week 11 World Ranking Lists which include points from the All England results;

For the top 6 Mens Singles players;

1. Lee Chong Wei (MAS)........90997 points
    2. Lin Dan (CHN)..................76784 points
    3. Taufik Hidayat (INA)..........76392 points
    4. Chen Long (CHN)..............70513 points
    5. Peter Gade (DEN)..............69605 points
    6. Chen Jin (CHN)..................61772 points

* Lin Dan has overtaken Taufik Hidayat to return to No.2
    * Chen Long has overtaken Peter Gade to become No.4
    * Chen Jin remains steady at No.6
    * Bao Chunlai is at No.14

Source: http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955

15. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

How come they have so much money? The money prize from badminton is not that much leh?

16. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Hard work pays off... ;)

17. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

But prize money so little in badminton how to pay for sports car?

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i dont think the current bcl can beat peter or taufik
    he lost to kenichi tago(both peter and taufik beat him this year) 2nd consecutive time in mo 1st round and to du peng yu in korea 2nd round

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    let see
    lcw earn more than rm500000 in january 2011

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    BCL just beat Taufik at the CBPL (CBSL?) pretty convincingly a week or so back... Taufik making the usual mistakes he has always made when he plays BCL... :(