Will LYB be fired?

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by pcll99, Aug 2, 2012.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Coaches took the fall, I can understand to cool the media, polish its image and to make it appears KOR is doing the right thing to satisfy IOC/BWF (BWF boss is Korean). BWF setup the format, CHN plays the game and KOR/INA follows. The players are pawns, but why ban the KOR cuties for 2 years...maybe make them write a 1000 lines like in the good old days 'I am bad, I promise I will not do it again' will do:D

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    BWF never insisted that their players are to play tournamenwith the 'Olympic Spirit'

IMHO, LYB could be fired if CHN bosses are to follow the IOC's rules and/or the IOC's players and officials oaths.

But, under the BWF's system of participation (as witnessed over the years), LYB will be safe.

BWF never insisted that their players are to play tournaments with the well-known 'Olympic Spirit'.

3. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    LYB delivered 5 golds, 4 silvers, total 9 badminton medals, second only to clean sweep in table tennis. We know BWF is a paper tiger and CHN gives a hoot. Then it depends on pressure from IOC and how long this issue can sustain whether pick up or lose steam in CHN media. If this issue dies down, then business as usual and the next OLY is years away in Rio. And what does the CHN people value more - medals or ethics?

KOR fired her coaches - well, counting how many medals KOR got, even LYB/JJS failed, time to clean house and rebuild anyway. The KOR coaches took the fall and bite the dust, that satisfied IOC demands that BWF with Dr Kang in charge has done his work. So, with KOR clean house (2 coaches and 4 players playing the price) would that make IOC insists that CBA do the same and apply pressure on LLW to follow through? My bet is 'forget it'.;)
    ....saying 'see you later' to the 2 old and tiring coaches is not big deal but to ban the KOR cuties is kinda cruel:D

4. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

Errr... u mean LYD/JJS??? theres no way JJS will partner LYB

5. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Aiya, LYB or LYD what's the difference:D Sounds the same:p Okay, thanks for correcting.