Nanospeed 800,Armortec250 or Muscle Power 29Lt?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Liverpool88, Oct 11, 2008.

1. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

I prefer the BG80 to BG66 because it's rougher and lasts a hell lot longer with all my mishits. OTOH, BG66 is very very punchy. BG85 is kinda in-between the 2.

IMHO, the BG80 gave me the most control in slices. Either of the 3 are great strings.

Never tried the Nanogy stuff... too expensive for me.

2. nicknackman

nicknackman Regular Member

I've used a ns800 before...it's not bad at all...if you string it with bg80 at 24+lbs...u actually get quite a hard smash...headlight racquet like this allows for a reli fast swing. I'll admit if u dun have bg80 to go with it...the racquet is pretty much only as good as a regular rallying racquet...so yeah if ur gonna go with ns800...u gotta go with the bg80s as well

3. Liverpool88

Liverpool88 Regular Member

student
    Hmm i just bought the BG-80's today. Also picked up a At250 unstrung , i havent strung it yet becoz i still have a week to change it to a nanospeed 800.

T_T still deciding lol

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    It really doesnt matter much which one you choose.. You will be able to produce hard smashes with them both (if you got the strnght/technique).

As previous poster mentioned you will get more racket per ringit if you steer away from the midrange yonex...

Between the AT250 and NS800, the NS800 is made to compete on price/performance with the other brands.. so at least in theory you will get a better racket for the money spent if an NS800 is choosen.. However the most relevant thing is really what you feel comfortable with, not the theoretical graphite-quality / ringit :)

But as i said, prince, tactic, victor, apcas etc. etc. are VERY attractive alternatives when price is a factor!!

/Twobeer

5. Liverpool88

student
    Thanks for the quick reply bud, i ended up choosing the ns800 as it felt more comfortable than the head-heavy AT250. I strung it with the BG80@26 lbs, So far so good; Racket is very light / easy to maneuver.

( btw i got yonex still because i just seem more assured by the branding )

and i know other rackets can be better for that price range but im just going for what im comfy with :)

6. Liverpool88

student
    Well just played with the ns800 today. First impression was its a good racket for serving and dropshots. Clearing from the back of the court required some strength but the BG80@26lbs proved to be a good string for repulsion. Net play and control is very good with the racket, smashing is good also but more for quick shots. ( ive always seen people posting that they cant get a good smash with their head light racket, or that theres no power - i believe they just dont have muscle?? smashing is generating power from your own body muscles and the technique is important; blaming a racket for not being good for smashing is like blaming your pencil for failing an exam. )

Overall playing with the ns800 was very enjoyable as it is such a easy racket to manouvre. Im waiting for the string tension to drop abit to really smash with full power.

7. nicknackman

nicknackman Regular Member

people who say headlight racquets produce weak smash say so only because they don't have the right muscles or technique. I totally agree liverpool88. Just to prove them wrong...a Yonex Ti-10 is headlight yet it's renowned for it's smashing abilities. I'm use headlight racquets and I still hit harder than all my friends who use all these head heavy racquets. Honestly, head heavy racquets are racquets made for professional players. The weight distribution is catered towards someone who has played elite badminton for a long time and who has developed their wrist strength. I know intermediate/advance players who have complained about wrist injuries from using AT700 as their main racquet or any other head heavy racquets.

8. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have both at250 and nano800, i way prefer the at250. i have the 250 with bg65ti strings at 24lbs. it just feels awesome.

9. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

Those ppl who say that head light racket may lack of power is because head heavy racket can really generate more power for smashing....if u compared a head heavy racket smashing with a head light racket...u actually can feel tat head light is lesses power compared to head heavy racket...

Taufik can smashing damn sharp shot with AT900T/Arcsaber10...but he stil can do a more excellent shot with 304km/h with his AT700 =D..why?? because the head heavy give a MORE "EXTRA" power to him...BUT for those who don't used to head heavy feature....this may cause them feel lack of power of using head heavy racket too.....head light mostly good for defensive and can smashing without feel tired....

maybe u can to try borrow the head heavy racket from ur fren and do some smashing...u may feel different =D

10. Backlash

Backlash Regular Member

Muscle power 29 light FTW !

I have the muscle power and its a great all round racket and also has a very good clear smash. I am only 15 so im not exactly the strongest of players and i can easily clear it from wall to wall width of my sports hall. The look of the racket puts it into a league of its own :D

I strongly reccomend this racket :cool:

11. Liverpool88

student
    I think head heavy vs head light racket depends on your technique, my opinion. For me i can smash well with a head light racket. I've also belived head heavy rackets are better for advanced players who are looking for that extra punch. But what im trying to say is that head light rackets can pack a punch if you use it properly. I have tried head heavy rackets, just not my style i guess O:.

The muscle power 29 is a very sexy racket i agree :)

12. limbo88

limbo88 Regular Member

do you know the mp99 is on offer now in uk its only £65 and nano 9000 is only £98

13. Danstevens

Danstevens Regular Member

Student
    I added a bit of lead to my second Arc10 today. It was about 5g put right on the top of the head and it made a huge difference over the stock balance. My other Arc10 has a stupid BP (VERY head heavy) and I was gonna do the same to this one when I received it as a gift, but I thought I'd do an experiment first and yes, 5g of lead makes a big difference. Head heavy rackets are definitely more suitable that head light rackets if you want to smash through the floor. However, if you just want to smash normally, I agree, head light rackets aren't useless either.

I agree with you on the topic of the MP29's looks, I just don't think it plays as well as the AT250 and at the end of the day, how good a racket is should be more important to you than looks.