Head Metallix Badminton Racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by black_knight006, Feb 15, 2007.

1. reach.ran@gmail

reach.ran@gmail Regular Member

Hello all, I am a new member of BF. I hope some one here could help me select a Sotx raq (or any other brand). Thanks in advance[​IMG]

I want a very flexible shaft raquet that is head light and light weight as well. I am 6 foot tall and have loads of power, so i can generate enuf power even with light weight head light racquet. Please sugguest one even if it is from other brands. looking for one under $100 and one under $200. I have used carlton superlite, wilson n6 and head nano power 700, karakal sl 70 before. These racquets are headlight, had very flexible shaft(except Carlton, karakal) and vey light weight. But the downside is they all break even after 1 clash, and most of the times by just hitting the bird in the rim(cos i smash really really hard). I have broken about 7 carlton racquets, 5 wilson and 1 head nano 700 and my quest for a durable racquet with above mentioned qualities continues.

So I want something that is very durable, very flexible shaft which is head light and the whole racquet light weight as well. If the racquet is shorter in length than normal ones, that is ok (cos i have long arms). The only thing i can compromise is overall racquet weight. Even if it heavier but headlight, flexible and durable, that is ok.

Plz help! Thnks again [​IMG]

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

uh, i would think that the metallix 4000 might work....
    uh, why not ask this in the racket recommendation thread, since it allows more users to see your problem, then just those who frequent this page...

3. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

oh, also, buy a steel racket, and add lead tape ot the handle =D
    sure fire durable, head light racket, clash proof racket

4. Seasider

Seasider Regular Member

IT
    I saw Head Metallix 10000 Tour on ebay for only $86 (from Canadian company). I want to buy this racket really bad, but my question is: Is this really a GENUINE HEAD racket or a fake one??? the price is too good to be true.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Sports-Corp-International__W0QQ_armrsZ1QQ_fsubZ2951008

I had bad experience in the past; buying Yonex racket from ebay; they were FAKE. Please help me if you have any info. Thank you.

#84 Seasider, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  5. Atart

Atart New Member

May I ask where is that warehouse place?

6. Seasider

Seasider Regular Member

IT
  7. Atart

Atart New Member

Thank you Seasider.
    But I actually want to know where is the place that ray mond mentioned, because I also live in toronto. Sorry for didn't direct my question.

8. skywalker

skywalker Regular Member

i bought from that guy on ebay once for a head metallix 8000, as far as i can tell, it's authentic.

9. jincongz

jincongz Regular Member

I'm seriously considering either the 2k or the 6k tour. My teacher can get them cheaper (I don't know price yet) because head and our badminton team has some affiliation, but will I feel a difference from my Carbonex 410 or my mom's Isometric 500?

10. Wagtail

Wagtail Regular Member

Student
    Hi guys,
    I recently used a Head Nanopower ti.10500, it was a great racket until the frame snapped when my doubles partner hit it. The Yonex Isometric I have as a back-up is really top heavy (i liked that when i bought it), to the point where my forecourt play is really suffering.
    I'm thinking of getting the Metallix 10k but usually i like my racket slightly top heavy but from what I've read above they're head light.
    Any recommendations on another racket in a similar price range, but slightly top heavy??

11. jincongz

jincongz Regular Member

10ks are extremely head heavy. Where'd you hear that they're head light? The difference between 8000 and 10000 is bigger than the difference between NS7000 and AT700 (I've tried all 4, so I can say). I recommend the Metallix 4k. I love it. Or actually try both the 8k and 10k. Both are lovely racquets, see if the 8k is head heavy enough for you. Or try the AirFlow5. Head heavy, but at 79g, you won't notice that much.

12. Wagtail

Wagtail Regular Member

Student
    Ok thanks,
    I guess i just misread some of the posts to say the 10ks head light, but if it is very head heavy then it's probably not for me. However it's difficult for me to try the rackets because I have a quite small budget and there's no big sports shops where I live, so I'll be buying online.
    Thanks for the info though and I have been looking at the 4k

13. jincongz

jincongz Regular Member

10k is heavier than at700, so it's probably not good for you. If you want some head heaviness, try 6k. It's balance point is higher than the 8k. If your budget is below that, the 4k is good. If Zhou Mi can use it and get to 1st in world, you don't have to worry. Personally, pick the highest number (but not the 10k) that's within your budget.

14. Wagtail

Wagtail Regular Member

Student
    That's good,
    Because i was going to get the 10k originally, so that was my budget, but the 8k is cheaper so all the better.
    Do you know whether the tour series is any better apart from the frame from 11-1 o'clock?? If there is a big difference then there's not that much money in it and I'll get the 8k tour, but I'd rather make a more educated decision

15. jincongz

jincongz Regular Member

What's the price difference? It's always better to get the latest version. Quicker swings on the 8k will be quicker with the tour.

16. Wagtail

Wagtail Regular Member

Student
    it will cost about £20 more, but if its a worthwhile difference then its not a problem for me, plus a faster swing should help as im currently trying to improve my smash returns. thanks again

#96 Wagtail, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  17. jincongz

jincongz Regular Member

At 20 pounds, its more of a personal choice. Do you like to have the newest in everything? If you don't, 8k will do.

18. dweebus

dweebus Regular Member

civil engineer, bass guitar monkey
    Metallix 10K Tour

I usually don't like to post prices on rackets. I figure everyone is fully capable of searching the web just like me. I just received shipment of a Metallix 10K Tour and played it extensively over the weekend. It's now my #1 racket. Easy to maneuver, powerful. No complaints at all. I don't even know how I'd improve it (except for the obligatory Karakal PU Duo grip). $84.95US with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/HEAD-METALLIX...e=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1236361149&sr=1-1

19. jincongz

jincongz Regular Member

The 10k maneuverable? Wow, what were you using before? My friend, who uses an AT900P, managed to whack his head from the momentum...

20. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    I am not really sure about the durability of Head racket now.

I bought a Head racket yesterday and it broke today... Head Metalix 8000

Sturng with bg 80 at 26lbs smash and it cracckkkkkkkk.. it is a nice racket but i am afraid the durability is lacking.