Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, May 12, 2006.

1. PoLLuX

PoLLuX Regular Member

Student
    Taufik's comment about Seleknas (in Bahasa)

Taufik Kritik Proses Seleksi Pemain Nasional
    Narayana Mahendra Prastya - detiksport

Yogyakarta - Taufik Hidayat membenarkan ada beberapa hal yang berjalan tidak bagus di pelatnas, salah satunya soal seleksi pemain nasional. Menurutnya proses seleksi berlangsung tidak fair.

"Betul sekali itu ada. Yang paling fatal kemarin ada seleksi nasional tunggal putri. Ada junior saya dari Bandung, juara seleknas tidak dipanggil. Dia juara. Buat saya itu aneh," kata Taufik dalam jumpa pers Milo School Competition 2010 di komplek Stadion Kridosono, Yogyakarta, Jumat (9/4/2010) siang WIB.

full article
    http://www.detiksport.com/read/2010.../taufik-kritik-proses-seleksi-pemain-nasional

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Please provide the english translation.

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

google translate:

Taufik's comment about Seleknas (in Bahasa)

Critics Taufik National Player Selection Process
    Mahendra Narayan Prastya - detiksport

Yogyakarta - Taufik Hidayat justify some things were not good at running pelatnas, one of them about the selection of national players. According to the selection process took place is not fair.

"Damn it exists. The most fatal yesterday there was a national selection of single women. There is my junior from Bandung, seleknas champion was not called. He's a champion. For me it was weird," Taufik said in a press conference at the 2010 Milo School Competition Kridosono Stadium complex, Yogyakarta, Friday (9/4/2010) noon GMT.

4. jojandy

jojandy Regular Member

Student
    I just checked and realized that Taufik lost once again, this time to Hsuan Yi Hsueh. I'm asking myself why I'm still looking for his performance nowadays. He should retire as soon as possible before he gets defeated by other low-level players...

5. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    I agree with you. He should pay attention to keep
    his honor safe.

6. sting1988

sting1988 Regular Member

School
    cause he's giving people a chance to break through since we all know Taufik is the best! All eyes on Taufik at Asia games muhahahaha the sleeping dragon shall rise again!

7. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    what's wrong with Taufik Hidayat ...
    very easy to lost with Lin dan ?

8. naistav

naistav Regular Member

He was unable to keep up with LD pace and power. Tactical alone failed to help since LD also smart and less-error

9. Luking

Luking Regular Member

As he himself said, he is no more like he was a few years ago. Watching his video's at that time confirms this in terms of speed and power. I wonder if there is a way for him to return to his golden level. It looks he has to reduce his weight a few pounds and train his smash power.

10. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    lin dan smashed very fast ... but i think taufik skill still good ,,, but his age already 29 , and Lin dan still 27 . i saw taufik very tired play with Lin dan .

11. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    Actually in the 2nd Game, I could tell LD was pretty tired

12. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

LD 27 and TH 29 respectively, they are still at the peak of their powers:). Awesome!

Professional athletes in general hit the point of no return at 31 (for men). Before 31, it's called hitting their plateaus.

After 31, they just have to play w smarts and impose their tactical and technical prowess (if the opposition hasn't catch up yet):cool:. Otherwise, they'll have to retire because once the speed and power aspects of their game leaves them, it's gone:(.

Reason older guys getting more mileage is really due to the oppositions quality, thereby, older guys who's still in the hunt simply outclass their less experienced opponents:cool:.

Much like uncles toying w advanced level kids with their all corners clinics sans smash:)!

13. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I think Taufik still has a very decent smash power. The problem is that he couldn't recover quickly enough and LD countered most of his shots.

That was a pretty hopeless game as much as it seems. TH couldn't take advantage even at the net and he was out-gunned at all departments. Most of the points were from LD errors.

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Taufik obviously had a bigger smash than Tago in their game (despite all the ARC-Z YY hype :) ).. But it is also blatantly obvious that All the Chineese LN player have bigger smashes these days (LD,Bao,CJ,WZ).. If it is the strength and conditioning program or simply better rackets/strings is hard to know :)

/Twobeer

15. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

The strings maybe:)?

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    from eating Alberta beef, not kobi beef:p
    we export alot of beef to china and korea;)

#256 cooler, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  17. Luking

Luking Regular Member

Compared to the past his smash is now getting weaker. At least if i can trust my visible impression from the past video's. Indeed he cannot recover quickly after smashing and this has to do with overall speed which is also getting lower.

Someone wrote his smash speed was over 300 km/h this is obviously not the current speed.

Smashing is not only a matter of speed but also accurately placing the shuttle.

18. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    Just watched the second game of TH vs LD match. Both of them were playing pretty badly, it looks like, but Taufik's attack was definitely not sharp enough.

19. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

:eek:

Really? I thought it was quite a strong attempt by Taufik who was trailing 11-6 and overall a fantastic match by both.

The change in tactic from LD in the first match certainly shocked Taufik who'd be used to LD smashing everything he gets his hands on. Interesting to see LD restraining from smashing and literally pulling Taufik apart.

What's more heartening for TH fans is how he did not just give up even from 11-1 down from set 1. TH is still totally outclassed with LD returning just about everything TH threw at him (including many netcords) but what more can a fan ask? I think TH played very well and the better player won.

20. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    taufik hold the fastest smash record for single at 318km/h... and backhand around 290km/h

against lindan his smashes were around 260km/h