Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

maklike,

how much were the SW310 and BS168 ?

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Not sure I'm allowed to say as I get pretty good prices......lets just say they're roughly 30% cheaper than the SW35/6/7 and BS10/11/12.

3. michaelbyz23

michaelbyz23 Regular Member

Student
    my victor racket has been sitting in ICS NY for custom checking for about 5 days already. sigh. cant wait to get my racket!

4. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

including postage are they cheaper than RM280 or AUD90?

5. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Ask Eric - rkeptradingATgmailDOTcom :)

6. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    My new toys are coming!

20111207.jpg

SW310 is much less electric blue than it is on the website, which is......good. :eek: BS10 I've had before so I know that looks classy....and BS168 looks really nice!

7. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

Would be interesting to see how the SW310 compares against the SW37, as both are 3/5 stiff & 3/5 HH, from the same series.

TIA for the writeup Maklite, heh! ;)

8. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Unfortunately I don't have a 37, but I have had a 35 and a 3150, so I'll be able to make some sort of comparison. Hopefully it is more like a 35 and not like the 3150, which was like playing with a railway sleeper. I got the 310 in 4U, just in case ;)

9. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

the 310 looks great. And what do you mean by the 3150 played like a railway sleeper?

also, how is the vs-850 working out for you?

10. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Hello Brother!!!! Pls review between bs168 and bs11 will you?? U r d man :)

11. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Felt like a plank of wood? :D Heavy, slow, and lifeless.

Up and down. Really depends a lot on the stringer, but generally I've got 3 weeks of bedding in, 2 where it's awesome, then a slow decline to 2-3lbs below what it was originally strung at. Very dependent on the stringer though - get a good one with a digital machine.

12. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    good news for victor fan in malaysia, new stock already arrived according to distributor.

13. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    at last..u bought BS10 :)

14. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I actually had a BS10 a year ago but it was too stiff for me, but I figure after the MX80 as my go-to for the past 6 months it should be fine now :)

In fact sometimes I think the BS11 is a little 'wobbly'.....although everything is wobbly compared to the MX80 which is so razor sharp in pushes and drives. I expect the 10 to bring back a little of the sharpness I wish the 11 had a little bit more of, although hopefully it's easier on my shoulder than the MX is.

Sooooooo looking forward to playing with these three!! Going to be heaps of fun getting to know the characteristics of each - especially considering information about Victor's 'second tier' rackets is very thin on the ground.

#934 Maklike Tier, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

BS10 should be nicer to your body than the MX :D I share your sentiment about the MXs harshness on the shoulder, I get some shoulder pain at times when I trained too much, and then the MX80 is just unusable. Part of it is the vibrations which somehow haven't been dampened at all :S

16. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Yeah I agree. You pay a price for the sharpness of the MX...well at least I do because I'm soft haha. Frankly, there's room of improvement here with the Meteor series in the damping department. The rest of the Victors are good though, which makes me think that woven graphite by itself may make for a light and strong structure, but it needs to be tempered by adding something inside the frame or at the T to damp down the resonance....or combining some other materials in the matrix somewhere.

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I guess the foam Yonex uses to fill the head would be perfectly sufficient....putting in other materials is always experimental, and don't forget racket producers don't actually produce/research the materials they use, they're more like...bakers. Buying the ingredients (in this case, various carbon materials) and, after forming them into the correct shape, baking them :D Afterwards, a little cosmetics, and that's pretty much all there is to it.
    Any research done is only to test new materials for their value in the various sports gears a company produces (for Victor, Badminton and Squash, Yonex: Badminton, Tennis, Golf). Actual research about the material itself, inventing new ones/modifying existing ones significantly would probably be too expensive. And other companies with no interest in Badminton do it already, so why bother?^^

Of course, they might research the aerodynamic qualities of their rackets, but I think 2 or 3 engineers would be enough to do the job.

#937 j4ckie, Dec 9, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  18. ah.b|ack

ah.b|ack Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    As all know, Victor has several series of racket, which are Brave Sword, Spiral, Super Wave, Meteor, and whole lot more...

As I browse through the website, I found similar racket specs in different series. For example, Spiral 22, Super Wave 36 and Brave Sword 11 are Stiff + Even Balanced. So here is my question...

Obviously, different series means different technology, however what kind of feels do they offer that make them so different from each other?? Reading from the description is nothing compared to those who have experience with them right?? So please help out ya!! Share your "feeling" among different series of Victor rackets, and what made you stick with them untill the end of time (Justin Timberlake, nice song...)

Btw, need some recommendation for a victor racket...
    Level: High Intermediate, double
    Style: placing + back court smasher
    Current racket: VT70, 27lbs
    I think i need a stiffer racket, as VT70 is getting too soft for me. I tried vt80, almost ripped my arm off =.= Besides, I might want to switch back to even balance or try light headed racket, as I was using MP25 (Medium Flex + Even Balance) previouly and I found out I still smash better with MP25. Thanks in advance for the suggestion!!! Cheers!!

19. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

For example: MX60 vs SW37
    MX60 got the "peak waves" technology where the frame on the top of its head is more solid than the rest.
    SW37 got the "inner waves" technology where the frame is on both side more solid than the rest.
    There's no reason to doubt that there will be a noticable feeling. But on the other side I'm interested too how the rackets feel different to each other rackets.

20. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Wow!! LYD uses new racket at Korea open. Is it the LYD custom racket?