Knee Injury

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by anirban, Mar 24, 2011.

1. anirban

anirban Regular Member

Teacher
    Hi all!

I am back to this forum after a long gap. Last Tuesday at evening I was Playing doubles on the good wooden court at our indoor stadium. During the game I tried a net kill and to kill it I lounged straight from the Doubles Service Line to the Net in two steps. And just after hitting the shuttle I felt a sharp pinning pain in my right knee but it disappeared within a second. Next morning I found my right knee was swollen and it was hurting while trying fold my leg completely and while trying to do quadricep drill.:crying:

An Orthopedic examined my Knee and told some internal bleeding took place below the patella and there was some blood clot. He adviced me to apply Ice pack there and gave me some antibiotic capsules & some painkillers for 10 days and sugeested not to bend the Knee and not to fold the leg completely. He also gave me a Knee-cap wearing which I can hardly fold my knee. He told that it will take 3 weeks to recover.:eek:

Now I would like to welcome your precious suggestions that, after this recovery do I need to wear a normal Patella Open Knee-cap during my game? And will this help from further knee-injury? Can I continue off-court stepping exercise after this 10 days of medication?:confused:

Thanks in advance...:)

2. visor

visor Regular Member

where does it hurt again? below the knee cap? patellar tendon? or insertion point into tibia?

nevertheless, sounds like you pulled the tendon

ice it lots and take your antiinflammatory painkillers

3. anirban

anirban Regular Member

Teacher
    Thanks a lot !
    Here is the pic of my right knee...

Right_Knee.jpg
    It is paining at the reddish marked area while folding the right leg.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Oic.
    Then most likely your patella mistracked during that lunge and you irritated the underside of it.

Ice it lots, don't bend it, take antiinflammatories. And you'll be fine in a few days. But avoid deep knee flexion for a few weeks if it hurts to do it.

5. Lordofthefart

Lordofthefart Regular Member

Student
    I thought for a sec your leg was actually that red lolol